Open carry

I used to open carry in my truck gun rack until I started worrying about thugs breaking and stealing my shit for thier next drive by.

You'll just have to get more and bigger guns, build a higher fence, dig a moat and wear metal armor.

Or, you could just stay under your bed.

tumblr_mfnkaqSftm1s15194o1_500_zps61bad7df.png

Personally, I prefer open carry to concealed.

Either way, I have never felt the need or compulsion to do either, and I have some really nice firearms...
I prefer concealed, but that's just me. Either way, folks need to realize that open carry of guns are legal in most states, and stop calling and wasting police officers time for a false alarm. Unless they witness a crime, they shouldn't be calling the cops. Maybe if they were ticketed for abuse of the 911 system, they would change their tune.

As fat as the cops are around here in Missouri, even I could outrun them..but,,, they, cops, have been gettin' into trouble here in McDonald County...

Bumpkin cops are often times more dangerous than criminals. The BCSO , and Bella Vista police have horrible reputations. Oh, and don't drive through Sulphur Springs or you might get shot six times by a convicted murderer who is the acting police chief!

Bella Vista is another friendly proactive drug interdiction zone, since Benton County DEA wanna bees were kicked off 49 for road repairs and the center barriers being put up. I live 5 miles from Sulfur Springs.. They're used to me...

And if you've noticed, they've started using private vehicles with no state property tags. They were all over that Walkarusa hipster drug fest at the border.

Best be careful because in some states you can be shot for theft. Barack Obama sponsored a law that passed in Illinois that prevents the criminals, their family & estate from suing those who shoot criminals for theft. Shooters also can't be arrested or prosecuted for shooting thieving criminals.
Never thought that I would agree with Obama, but this was one law that I would have to concur with him on.

No way. I'd have to fact check that.

Illinois State Sen. Obama signed on as a co-sponsor of SB 2386
, "a bill that protected persons qualified to use a "stand your ground"-like defense from being sued in civil court by the person who was the attacker or their estate. The bill passed unanimously in a Democrat-controlled Senate, passed with an overwhelming majority in the Democrat-controlled House, and was signed into law by Democrat Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

At the time, Illinois law already protected a person from being criminally charged if he was defending himself, his dwelling or another's property. SB 2386 added civil protection."

Either way, I have never felt the need or compulsion to do either, and I have some really nice firearms...
I prefer concealed, but that's just me. Either way, folks need to realize that open carry of guns are legal in most states, and stop calling and wasting police officers time for a false alarm. Unless they witness a crime, they shouldn't be calling the cops. Maybe if they were ticketed for abuse of the 911 system, they would change their tune.

People have the right to be safe and its the job of law enforcement to keep them safe. If I see an armed man in the convenience store, restaurant, grocery store, church, school, I will do my duty as a citizen. I will notify the cops. And then I will get myself and my family to safety.

No way. I'd have to fact check that.

Illinois State Sen. Obama signed on as a co-sponsor of SB 2386
, "a bill that protected persons qualified to use a "stand your ground"-like defense from being sued in civil court by the person who was the attacker or their estate. The bill passed unanimously in a Democrat-controlled Senate, passed with an overwhelming majority in the Democrat-controlled House, and was signed into law by Democrat Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

At the time, Illinois law already protected a person from being criminally charged if he was defending himself, his dwelling or another's property. SB 2386 added civil protection."

Thanks for clearing that up!

Aurora teen walks on busy streets with shotgun, videotapes encounter with police | kdvr.com

AURORA, Colo. — A teenager carrying a loaded shotgun on a busy street in Aurora was stopped by police. But he says he should not have been stopped and he videotaped his encounter with officers. Police have a different opinion.

“I simply carry this for the protection of myself and those around me,” Lohner says.

His shotgun is a Stoeger P-350 12 gauge.

“I’ve been stopped close to a dozen times for this and this is actually the first time I’ve been forced to provide ID,” he says.

The teen says he’s on a campaign to call attention to open carry laws. “I feel like a lot of people now they see a weapon like that and they think, you know, James Holmes or Sandy Hook,”

Lohner says that’s why he started walking along major streets with his gun.

“It’s alarming to the citizens — alarming enough to where they call,” says Aurora police spokesman Frank Fania.

Colorado law backs up Aurora police when asking to see an ID while investigating a possible crime.

“He may be within his rights and legal, within the law to carry this gun but if we’re investigating it and he refuses to cooperate that may violate other municipal laws,” Fania says.

Police say they have to respond to 911 calls when people call about what Lohner is doing. They reiterate they may be getting pulled away from other real, life-threatening situations.

Lohner faces a misdemeanor obstruction charge for refusing to show his identification.

We spoke to Lohner’s mother and she told us she is concerned about his safety.

Little twerp is gonna get himself killed.

Read the rest and see the video at the link.

Let these rightwing mutants kill each other off it it make the demographic tipping point come even sooner :eusa_whistle:

Aurora teen walks on busy streets with shotgun, videotapes encounter with police | kdvr.com

AURORA, Colo. — A teenager carrying a loaded shotgun on a busy street in Aurora was stopped by police. But he says he should not have been stopped and he videotaped his encounter with officers. Police have a different opinion.

“I simply carry this for the protection of myself and those around me,” Lohner says.

“I’ve been stopped close to a dozen times for this and this is actually the first time I’ve been forced to provide ID,” he says.

The teen says he’s on a campaign to call attention to open carry laws. “I feel like a lot of people now they see a weapon like that and they think, you know, James Holmes or Sandy Hook,”

“It’s alarming to the citizens — alarming enough to where they call,” says Aurora police spokesman Frank Fania.

Colorado law backs up Aurora police when asking to see an ID while investigating a possible crime.

“He may be within his rights and legal, within the law to carry this gun but if we’re investigating it and he refuses to cooperate that may violate other municipal laws,” Fania says.

Police say they have to respond to 911 calls when people call about what Lohner is doing. They reiterate they may be getting pulled away from other real, life-threatening situations.

Lohner faces a misdemeanor obstruction charge for refusing to show his identification.

Let these rightwing mutants kill each other off it it make the demographic tipping point come even sooner :eusa_whistle:

You don't know when to shut your mouth do you old man? You'll be long dead before your hate fest reaches it's unlikely fruition. Tic toc, the bell tolls for the troll.

But they don't just shoot each other. They shoot good people too.

actually, those "gun nutters" save over 100,000 people a year from violent criminals while the criminals who use guns illegally kill 11,000 people a year on average...

so are you guys advocating that the criminals be allowed to rob, rape and murder and brutally beat over 100,000 more people a year...because disarming the law abiding good guys...the ones you call "gun mutters" would do just that...

People have the right to be safe and its the job of law enforcement to keep them safe. If I see an armed man in the convenience store, restaurant, grocery store, church, school, I will do my duty as a citizen. I will notify the cops. And then I will get myself and my family to safety.
It is against the law to knowingly file a false police report. Unless you see them committing a crime, I'd advise you not to call 911, as you risk getting fined.

Personally not a big fan of Open Carry, but I certainly don't soil my undergarments and run for cover every time I see one.

A criminal isn't very likely to advertise his weapon...it brings unwanted scrutiny.

Forum List

Back