Ontario Sheds 59,300 Jobs as Minimum Wage is Hiked

Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Who could have foreseen this coming?

The real minimum wage is $0. Always fun to suggest to these folks that maybe if it has no effect on jobs they should just go to $25/hour minimum - or $100/hour minimum. At some point they acknowledge such a move would hurt jobs, but still argue that somehow, they are such experts at controlling the economy, they can identify an hourly wage that does not hurt jobs.

Ontario sheds 59,300 part-time jobs in January as new $14 minimum wage begins

The left will never get it because they can't. A minimum wage was never intended to be a "living wage". That's political propaganda. Students and part time workers, that's who should be making minimum wage. I just spoke with the owner of a music store. He's been in business 5 years and wants to hire someone, but has to wait till he has money saved up because he has to pay minimum wage of $11:50/hr to someone on day one. Washington state. Ridiculous. Democrats are not your friend. He can't hire someone and someone can't get the opportunity. Nice work, dummocrats.

The reason for min wage is without it one would work for nothing probably. I don't think they have democrats in Canada.

Since some companies are raising min wage in the US, paying more if the media is to be believed, expect your pay increase to go right back to the corps. Just one huge money transfer,

If Trump tells states to pay for infrastructure expect more in gas taxes and auto plates, its always goes back to the corps and business owners, they do not take it out of their pocket, don't be fooled. All to make the rich, richer.

The reason for min wage is without it one would work for nothing probably. I don't think they have democrats in Canada.

Since some companies are raising min wage in the US, paying more if the media is to be believed, expect your pay increase to go right back to the corps. Just one huge money transfer,

If Trump tells states to pay for infrastructure expect more in gas taxes and auto plates, its always goes back to the corps and business owners, they do not take it out of their pocket, don't be fooled. All to make the rich, richer.
Your narrative is always the same...Trump ...trump.....

You're confused again. Corporate taxes are passed on to the consumer. Wages go into my pocket.

Redistribution of any sort is for pussies

You're confused again. Corporate taxes are passed on to the consumer. Wages go into my pocket.

That is what I said. Your wage increases go back to the corps.

Nope. The corporate tax was cut from 35% to 21%. Fact.

Yes I am aware of that and the new pass through crap. Whatever increase in wages will be eaten by increases in prices. That is why the $1 does not buy much anymore.

Yes I am aware of that and the new pass through crap. Whatever increase in wages will be eaten by increases in prices. That is why the $1 does not buy much anymore.
Prices go down when the corporate tax rate goes down.

Please don't debate economics with Penny. Her lack of understanding just means you are talking to a brick wall. It's like kissing a donkey. The donkey will not understand and eventually get upset.

Wrong, profits go up.

Wrong, profits go up.
Good. That means higher wages and bonuses, which is exactly what is taking place, and that's why democrats looked so pathetically angry during the SOTU speech. It also means a company can be more competitive by lowering prices. Competition is good for the consumer.

Wrong, profits go up.
Good. That means higher wages and bonuses, which is exactly what is taking place, and that's why democrats looked so pathetically angry during the SOTU speech. It also means a company can be more competitive by lowering prices. Competition is good for the consumer.

Sounds like a good deal until you look at the numbers. If those 'higher wages' aren't $200.00/mo., that doesn't cover inflation over the last ten years. If it is $200.00/mo., you haven't made any gains.

What bothers me about the supposed bonuses is the companies that granted said bonuses never stated what previous bonuses they granted, so your being played.

That said, none of what is happening will do anything to strengthen the economy, which is why big investors are staying away from consumer related stock and concentrating on tech and energy.

Did you see that latest round of firings by Amazon?

Wrong, profits go up.

Sounds like a good deal until you look at the numbers. If those 'higher wages' aren't $200.00/mo., that doesn't cover inflation over the last ten years. If it is $200.00/mo., you haven't made any gains.

What bothers me about the supposed bonuses is the companies that granted said bonuses never stated what previous bonuses they granted, so your being played.

That said, none of what is happening will do anything to strengthen the economy, which is why big investors are staying away from consumer related stock and concentrating on tech and energy.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Always something wrong, huh. Bottom line is things are better and getting better.

Wrong, profits go up.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Always something wrong, huh. Bottom line is things are better and getting better.

Lets see our infrastructure is going to be a gas tax hike in Fed and State taxes. They are also going to take away many services for Medicare, Vets and Medicaid. Things are getting better, best put your market money in a safe place.

Lets see Amazon, Sears, Rite-aid, K-Marts, Macy's and that is just the beginning. I'm sure I forgot some.

Wrong, profits go up.

Sorry chump, the American worker is barely hanging on.

Wrong, profits go up.

Lets see our infrastructure is going to be a gas tax hike in Fed and State taxes. They are also going to take away many services for Medicare, Vets and Medicaid. Things are getting better, best put your market money in a safe place.

Putin is getting his wish.

Forum List

Back