Only the insecure insult God

It's something we all need to work on not doing. Anything I do that is not lined up with Him and His Word is an insult to His Name and I do not want to do that - but I'm definitely not perfect - I'm working out my own salvation in regards to that matter.

What an odd thing it is to believe in great and powerful god and yet still think "he" can be insulted.

The insecurity is in his followers and, IF there are gods, they don't notice the great chest beating and squalling of us unimportant little humans.

Reminds me of something Carl Sagan said about life on other planets. Heavily paraphrased, he said that any life form that could travel across galaxies to earth would have little interest in us human beings.

He described a swimming pool full of laughing and splashing people. Next to the pool is a sidewalk and next to the sidewalk is an ant hill.

Do the ants notice the laughing and splashing people in the pool?

Do the people notice the ants?

There are no magical, invisible gods but if there were, we would be as ants to them.

What an odd thing it is to believe in great and powerful god and yet still think "he" can be insulted.

The insecurity is in his followers and, IF there are gods, they don't notice the great chest beating and squalling of us unimportant little humans.

Somewhere in Exodus, I remember God consuming Moses' nephews in fire and turning their asses into charcoal (like a dragon) just because they burned the wrong incense to him.

It also says that God inflicted Moses' sister-in-Law with leprosy... for gossiping about Moses and some girl he was with.

Somewhere in Exodus, I remember God consuming Moses' nephews in fire and turning their asses into charcoal (like a dragon) just because they burned the wrong incense to him.

It also says that God inflicted Moses' sister-in-Law with leprosy... for gossiping about Moses and some girl he was with.

My advice to you . . . yes, yes I know you are not asking for it . . . is to simply trash Judaism and begin anew. ~ Susan

Correct.

A truly omnipotent deity couldn't be 'insulted,' if it did it wouldn't be omnipotent and not worthy of worship; clearly religion and 'god' are creations of man.

Correct.

A truly omnipotent deity couldn't be 'insulted,' if it did it wouldn't be omnipotent and not worthy of worship; clearly religion and 'god' are creations of man.
So a God who is omnipotent, or in other words can do anything, can't do something, i.e. be insulted.

Insecurity usually manifests itself in jealousy and possessiveness.

Doesn't describe me.

Does describe the god of Hebrew mythology.

Just sayin'

Forum List

Back