One phone call rarely changes a congressperson’s mind. Nor does a solitary vote in a national election. Nor does a single raindrop in a hurricane

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
My body is tired, my feet are tired, I'm tired of resisting Trump

Resistance is disruption. Resistance is yelling. Resistance is being in the streets and the council meetings and all the places where your presence declares your opposition. Resistance is making phone calls. Resistance is donating your money and time. Resistance is meetings that last long into the evening and art builds that last long into the night.

At least, that is the face of resistance. And all of it is needed today as much as ever, to counter conservatives who fear a changing society and are grasping onto old racisms and sexisms with emboldened ferocity. But gosh, it sounds tiring.

And what’s more, the face is all it is. It’s the visible part, the part people think of when they think of The Resistance. But that type of resistance surges and fades easily, because it is exhausting without a deeper resistance sustaining it. The Resistance of people sharing our stories and listening to the stories of others. The Resistance of being connected humans with empathy and love. The Resistance of building community in the face of institutions that want us to be individual consumers living isolated lives.

My body is tired, my feet are tired, I'm tired of resisting Trump

Resistance is disruption. Resistance is yelling. Resistance is being in the streets and the council meetings and all the places where your presence declares your opposition. Resistance is making phone calls. Resistance is donating your money and time. Resistance is meetings that last long into the evening and art builds that last long into the night.

At least, that is the face of resistance. And all of it is needed today as much as ever, to counter conservatives who fear a changing society and are grasping onto old racisms and sexisms with emboldened ferocity. But gosh, it sounds tiring.

And what’s more, the face is all it is. It’s the visible part, the part people think of when they think of The Resistance. But that type of resistance surges and fades easily, because it is exhausting without a deeper resistance sustaining it. The Resistance of people sharing our stories and listening to the stories of others. The Resistance of being connected humans with empathy and love. The Resistance of building community in the face of institutions that want us to be individual consumers living isolated lives.

MAGA!

• Banned
you dont live here....did you make your own ballot up?...
Americans like me who live abroad are allowed to vote...or you don't know the constitution because you're not American?

it's whiners like you who make my body & feet tired

Forum List

Back