one of the most courageous decisions he's ever seen a president make.

You probably weren't alive when Saddam started the "war" by invading his neighbor Kuwait over debts he owed them and over disputed oil fields along their borders.

We kicked Saddam out and got the UN to so-called babysit Saddam for over a decade, while we enforced a UN No Fly Zone over parts of Iraq to ensure his military couldn't fly around killing various groups inside Iraq..."anymore."

Saddam and some of his friends in the UN then stole millions from the UN's Oil for Food program. Saddam funded islamic terrorists that attacked our ally Israel. Saddam played games with the IAEA inspectors looking for WMDs he would never prove he destroyed from the first Gulf War.

So after 9/11 Bush II decided to end this BS with Saddam over WMDs and Saddam's support for terrorists. Now that you've been kicked in the teeth, shut up.

I just a Neg Rep from Kiss My telling me that Iraq had attacked American soldiers in so many words but not the specifics. I don't recall Iraq instigating the US invasion of Iraq by firing on US troops.
Can someone point out when and where that happened?
Thanks!

To think that somehow justifies sending 4000 soldiers to their death is obscene The Bush decision to divert the war on terror to attack a country that was contained and not an external threat was one of the largest strategic blunders in US History

True.

It is true that the Iraqi invasion had nothing to do with 09/11, it was invaded for other reasons , which were disclosed as far back as 1998.

Courageous? Bullshit. That's like saying I'm courageous for not sticking my hand in the BBQ pit.

It was the ONLY decision.

Again, Gates was being honest, not partisan. That is your opinion....General.

Right, as if Gates would say Obama was a coward if that's what he believed. Gates says whatever will keep his job. You agree with people because they support your biases.

Got a mirror?
And didn't Gates announce he was retiring recently, so keeping his job is out!

Forum List

Back