One of the best perks of being a doc on the coast of Maine...

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
You're liable to get some free lobsters from your patient in a trade for a Percocet script.

We've got 8 in the boilah!

YUMN!!!

(BTW...just kidding about the narc trade. I kicked someone out of my practice who I suspected was selling, just a month after he gave me some lobsters.)

o sure you did....another doctor or a patient was selling...you are vague....

you know there are people like me who cant take vicadin or loritabs and must have percodan or perocset

do you have any clue how hard it is for doctors to write me a script that works? the doctors balance the need for the pain killers and how fast you get addicted. i have had two situation where i had to have them for 30 days....day 35 sucks. day 40 i can face most of life again. but i do appreciate doctors who realize i dont need to be in pain cause i have the odd reaction to most pain killers.

i really resist the fda for this. i resent the drug abusers who caused this.

o sure you did....another doctor or a patient was selling...you are vague....

you know there are people like me who cant take vicadin or loritabs and must have percodan or perocset

do you have any clue how hard it is for doctors to write me a script that works? the doctors balance the need for the pain killers and how fast you get addicted. i have had two situation where i had to have them for 30 days....day 35 sucks. day 40 i can face most of life again. but i do appreciate doctors who realize i dont need to be in pain cause i have the odd reaction to most pain killers.

i really resist the fda for this. i resent the drug abusers who caused this.

I'll prescribe Percocet...just not frivolously in exchange for lobster.

Lobster's in the belly. Soft-shelled are the best.

Plus, we have probably 4 lobsters-worth for lobster salad sammiches tomorrow.

Strawberry shortcake is currently being made and will be consumed momentarily.

oo but you always get the skunk eye when you explain it to the doctor the first time...i can give references...lol...plus i guess what i describe when i take the other convinces them...skin crawling....crying in pain....did i mention the skin crawling....still in pain....

my oral surgeon...give you vics ...he has a supply of them....so you leave the office supplied with what you need....me, i gotta go to a pharmacy...

Humm, a doctor xotoxi? Okie dokie, I guess so. Could be.

I have the same problem as bones. My reaction to all the usual painkillers is bad...no pain killed, itchiness like you would not believe and general misery. The only one I have been able to tolerate is injected morphine, given at the ER.

Are these drugs all made from similar stuff?

BTW, congrats on the great food and great spot. I am terribly jealous.

Humm, a doctor xotoxi? Okie dokie, I guess so. Could be.

I have the same problem as bones. My reaction to all the usual painkillers is bad...no pain killed, itchiness like you would not believe and general misery. The only one I have been able to tolerate is injected morphine, given at the ER.

Are these drugs all made from similar stuff?

BTW, congrats on the great food and great spot. I am terribly jealous.

I had a similar reaction to morphine when I was in the hospital. Made my face (especially lips) itch like crazy...it was the worst feeling. They eventually gave me some type of shot to relieve that... but it was almost worse then the actual pain from my operation.

I suppose if you were in Maryland then you'd get crabs.:eusa_whistle:

And if I was in New Jersey, I'd get scabies.

We used to have shrimp and crawfish down here on the Gulf.

And blue crab......God am I craving some fresh blue crab :(

Really?

I always bought farm-raised shrimp from Thailand, and I still do: $5/2 lbs at Wal-Mart.:eusa_whistle:

I often pay my Dr. Bills in shrimp.

Or Pork.

Depending on the treatment, maybe even shrimpy pork.:redface:

And if I was in New Jersey, I'd get scabies.

Really?

I always bought farm-raised shrimp from Thailand, and I still do: $5/2 lbs at Wal-Mart.:eusa_whistle:

Or Pork.

If it has ever been frozen, it isn't shrimp :)

Really?

Or Pork.

Hey, it's 2010, not 1910. Tastes great to me, and apparently everyone else buying it up at Wal-Mart.

If gulf shrimp was really worth it

Really?

Or Pork.

Hey, it's 2010, not 1910. Tastes great to me, and apparently everyone else buying it up at Wal-Mart.

I'm spoiled though. If its in a box, its ruined.

And I can't remember the last time I bought crab. When we want crab, we go throw the traps out, start the water boiling, go back and get the traps, and we're eating 10 minutes later.

That's how it was all of my life.

Except the last 80 days or so.

I'm spoiled though. If its in a box, its ruined.

And I can't remember the last time I bought crab. When we want crab, we go throw the traps out, start the water boiling, go back and get the traps, and we're eating 10 minutes later.

That's how it was all of my life.

Except the last 80 days or so.

You'll survive.

Try eating a fucking hamburger.

No shrimp is better than a Gulf of Maine shrimp.

If you want to debate this fact, I will have to ask you to BRING IT.

Forum List

Back