One in five US deaths obesity-related

Aug 17, 2013
MEARLY one in five American deaths are obesity-related – three times higher than previous estimates.

New research has found that over a 20 year period, about 18 per cent of deaths in the United States among people aged 40 to 85 were linked to being overweight and obese.

The figure is dramatically higher than previous estimates of about 5 per cent.

Women appeared to be far more affected than men. More than a quarter of deaths of black women, and more than a fifth of those of white women, were related to excess weight.

One in five US deaths obesity-related | Daily News Flashes | Daily News

How can we prevent this one?

Get used to the propaganda. When the government offers medical care the government assumes the duty to dictate a healthy lifestyle.

Who cares? If people want to stuff their faces and end up the size of beached whales, they should be made to dig their own graves.

Ah, you say beached whales, Noomi, but people don't have to be the size of beached whales in order to be obese. I know, the word obese conjures up something like this:

Attachments

• $obese woman2.jpg
    $obese woman2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 70
However, these women are most likely clinically obese as well. In other words, there are a lot of people who just think they're "fat" or a little overweight, but they're actually obese. It's an epidemic. Just look around.

Attachments

• $obese women.jpg
    $obese women.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Who cares? If people want to stuff their faces and end up the size of beached whales, they should be made to dig their own graves.
Wait a minute, these people ate only the FDA approved food sold in Supermarkets and Restaurants.

By the way, I stuff my face everyday yet I'm not fat. How could that be?

Could it be that I don't eat what fat people eat? I take no Medication or Diet Pills and I have NEVER counted calories.

MEARLY one in five American deaths are obesity-related – three times higher than previous estimates.

New research has found that over a 20 year period, about 18 per cent of deaths in the United States among people aged 40 to 85 were linked to being overweight and obese.

The figure is dramatically higher than previous estimates of about 5 per cent.

Women appeared to be far more affected than men. More than a quarter of deaths of black women, and more than a fifth of those of white women, were related to excess weight.

One in five US deaths obesity-related | Daily News Flashes | Daily News

How can we prevent this one?

Everyone dies. While the death rate is the end result, the real problem is that it costs a great deal of money to treat all the problems that arise health wise with those who are obese. If being overly fat just meant you died sooner, it wouldn't be such a problem. The problem lies in the fact that we end up treating overweight people for diabetes, joint pain, arthritis, and many other issues that are a direct result of their lazy asses not exercising and eating too much shit. And yes, for all but the few, the reason they are like beached whales is because they choose to be.

Wait a minute, these people ate only the FDA approved food sold in Supermarkets and Restaurants.

By the way, I stuff my face everyday yet I'm not fat. How could that be?

Could it be that I don't eat what fat people eat? I take no Medication or Diet Pills and I have NEVER counted calories.

Exercise plays a much bigger role in our health than how much we eat. Generally speaking, active people actually eat much more than lazy fat people. I eat approximately 3000 calories per day, give or take, and my weight holds steady at 138. When I was in high school, I ate twice as much as I eat now and I only weighed 115.

Get used to the propaganda. When the government offers medical care the government assumes the duty to dictate a healthy lifestyle.

Ah, so obesity is not a problem....well, that is good to know.

Certainly it is terrifying to think government might inform and encourage people to live a healthy lifestyle, quit smoking etc. How dare they?!

Forum List

Back