• Ok, but not my style

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It has two wheels too many

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
I saw this on Yahoo, and having almost no interest in cars myself, I wondered what our beloved car (and motorcycle) board guys would think of it.

"In a photo provided by the Chrysler Group, a 2006 Dodge Challenger Concept is shown in an undated photo. Automakers will be flexing some muscle at this year's North American International Auto Show, with a slew of performance cars that harken back to the V-8-charged glory days of the 1960s and early 1970s. On Sunday, Jan. 8, 2006, the first day of media previews for the auto show, Chrysler Group will unveil the Dodge Challenger concept, Ford Motor Co. will introduce the Ford Shelby GT500, a souped-up Mustang, and General Motors Corp. will take the wraps off its Chevrolet Camaro concept." (AP Photo/Chrysler Group)
AP - Sat Jan 7, 2:24 PM ET

capt.dt10101071924.auto_show_muscle_cars_dt101.jpg

Abbey Normal said:
I saw this on Yahoo, and having almost no interest in cars myself, I wondered what our beloved car (and motorcycle) board guys would think of it.

"In a photo provided by the Chrysler Group, a 2006 Dodge Challenger Concept is shown in an undated photo. Automakers will be flexing some muscle at this year's North American International Auto Show, with a slew of performance cars that harken back to the V-8-charged glory days of the 1960s and early 1970s. On Sunday, Jan. 8, 2006, the first day of media previews for the auto show, Chrysler Group will unveil the Dodge Challenger concept, Ford Motor Co. will introduce the Ford Shelby GT500, a souped-up Mustang, and General Motors Corp. will take the wraps off its Chevrolet Camaro concept." (AP Photo/Chrysler Group)

That's yummy, although the side of the car looks a little barren. I don't know if a pinstripe would be the answer though...

If GM actually came out with something that was even remotely close to that, I'd be shocked. I'm still shocked that the solstice made it out.

Abbey Normal said:

looks like a combination of the old Barracuda and Duster from the seventees...maybe a little cheaper in price than the Viper...if so it will probably sell well!

dmp said:
It'll be less than half the price of a viper...think $30-35K tops.

do you know what type of power plants they offer?...I hope it is not the old 340cu...it was okay but the 383cu was mo better!

archangel said:
do you know what type of power plants they offer?...I hope it is not the old 340cu...it was okay but the 383cu was mo better!

Car and Driver:

DODGE CHALLENGER
Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 2-door coupe
Estimated base price: $35,000
Engine type: pushrod 16-valve V-8, iron block and aluminum heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 370 cu in, 6059cc
Power (SAE net): 425 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 420 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm

Transmission: 6-speed manual
Wheelbase: 115.9 in
Length/width/height: 197.8/78.6/57.0 in
Curb weight: 4100 lb
Performance ratings (mfr’s est):
Zero to 60 mph: 4.5 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 13.0 sec
Top speed (drag limited): 174 mph
Projected fuel economy (C/D est):
EPA city driving: 14 mpg
EPA highway driving: 20 mpg

dmp said:
Car and Driver:

DODGE CHALLENGER
Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 2-door coupe
Estimated base price: $35,000
Engine type: pushrod 16-valve V-8, iron block and aluminum heads, port fuel injection
Displacement: 370 cu in, 6059cc
Power (SAE net): 425 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 420 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm

Transmission: 6-speed manual
Wheelbase: 115.9 in
Length/width/height: 197.8/78.6/57.0 in
Curb weight: 4100 lb
Performance ratings (mfr’s est):
Zero to 60 mph: 4.5 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 13.0 sec
Top speed (drag limited): 174 mph
Projected fuel economy (C/D est):
EPA city driving: 14 mpg
EPA highway driving: 20 mpg

just might start saving my pennies...would be fun to relive the past with a updated version!

Ok. Let's have group hug over cars. So the chicks can feel safe. Jeez.

I love you guys. Missileman and clay most of all. DING! :huddle:

Abbey Normal said:
For what it's worth, there is a car I used to love:

Austin Healey 3000

In British Racing Green, of course!

10820-1.jpg

austin_healey.jpg

Healey%20Nils.jpg

a_h_6701.JPG

my Mom use to have one of those...a 59 but it was yucky white...but hellava fun to drive!

One for the "guys", hell.. GIMME!!!! In metallic midnight blue. :D:D:D

Ok, then.. I'm a muscle car junkie... Late 60's/early 70's..

Shattered said:
Ok, then.. I'm a muscle car junkie... Late 60's/early 70's..

Sounds like you and kurtsprincess have something in common.

Did you ever watch Nash Bridges? Don Johnson drove around San Fran in an old 'Cuda, and made it look sexy.

Abbey Normal said:
Sounds like you and kurtsprincess have something in common.

Did you ever watch Nash Bridges? Don Johnson drove around San Fran in an old 'Cuda, and made it look sexy.

Don Johnson can't make anything look sexy. He's ugly as sin. :)

Forum List

Back