One Cannot Make An Intellectual Argument That Trump Will Be Worse Than Obama

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.... This from Huffington Post at the bottom of every article about Donald Trump.

I read the politics article in the New Yorker where the obligatory bashing of Donald trump was accompanied by a we have to vote for Hilary because she is a woman, but the trump,bashing was the usual vile stuff.

So because all,our left wing friends are brilliant and clear,thinking, I decided to compare,the accusations leveled at trump vs. the facts of the Obama administration and two election campaigns.

Let's start with trump is a serial liar. Obama has him beat by a mile on this. Obamacare, the Iranian deal, the stimulus, the most transparent administration in history all came to pass as a result,of a huge con to the American people. His second election was predicated on lying about the benefits of obamacare. So,we have already had a consummate serial liar in the White House for 8 years.

Incites political violence. Obama was at best silent and at worst passively approving of the racial violence which lead to riots and violence during the police shootings. He encouraged race baiter Sharpton to inflame racial tensions even while he planned strategy with him in the White House. Obama has not stepped in to help quell the Democratic Party controlled violence ar peaceful trump rallies. He has not directed the attorney general to investigate these. He has called the 40 per cent of the electorate that supports trump "ignorant". He has famously declared h wants to fundamentally change America. He has bathed the White House in rainbow colors after the Supreme Court decision on gay marriage. He has refused to compromise and negotiate with congress. He has lashed out at conservative talk radio and the tea party movement.

Trump is not qualified. Obama first ran for,president with zero economic experience, zero foreign affairs experience, zero governing experience. Trump is both a world traveler and economic wizard personally familiar with many heads of state. He understands a budget and cost control.

Divisive rhetoric. Trump has not repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims. His latest incarnation is to stop Muslim integration TEMPORARILY I till we get a handle on the problem, from Muslim countries where terrorists reside.. He has identified problems with illegal immigration on the southern border which the left has branded xenophobic. But what of obamas rhetoric. War on women. Republicans want to throw grandma over the cliff. Republicans dislike gays, college students, Hispanics, blacks, and the poor. Never in the history of our country has any president ever used identity politics to so divide the country as has Obama.

Trump,will shred the constitution. Obama has already done this with his executive orders. Obama has also already accomplished this by having bureaucracies like the epa, justice dept., and labor relations boards bypass congress and write their own laws. He has also installed a number of justice son the Supreme Court who are deciding cases based on ideology and not the law. Obama has appointed 40 per cent of the justices on the federal bench and has packed the dc appeals court with judges friendly to his causes, in order to help get his illegal actions rubber stamped. Obama at every turn attacks both the second and tenth amendments.

Trump is dangerous and unhinged on the world stage and will lead us into war. The same was said of Ronald Reagan. Trump did not think going into Iraq was a good idea. Trumps says the most dangerous problem today is nuclear weapons. Obama says climate change. Obama has made the world a more dangerous place. Our enemies don't fear us, our allies don't trust us. Obama was not true to his word on the r d line in Syria. He is laughed at by Russia, Iran, China, Cuba, and n. Korea. His rules of engagement have led to increased American casualties. His policies on terrorism within our government agencies have made it easier for terrorists and harder for law enforcement. Orlando might have been prevented if the fbi had had more leeway in prosecuting terrorist cases. Obama continuously favors Muslim tolerance over American security. Obama has been awol on cyber security. His Iran deal has become an international farce. Obamas foreign policy record is a failure. Trump has no record.

Finally, Obama has for his whole presidency castigated America. Trump celebrates America. Obama has created a huge divide between the rich and the poor. Obama has continued to crush the middle class, trump wants to rejuvenate it. Trump wants more real jobs for Americans, Obamas record is a lukewarm economy. Trump wants to get a handle on the debt, Obama wants to grow it exponentially.

In closing, it is hard to find any shortcomings in trump that Obama has not already committed in spades. As his latest news conference shows, when the truth about Obama is allowed to get national exposure, his skin is just as thin as the Donald's.

That argument can EASILY be made .. but you may not have the intellect to understand it.

It's impossible to make the argument that Trump would be better than any president in American history. He's not even a politician .. knows nothing about government.

"One Cannot Make An Intellectual Argument That Trump Will Be Worse Than Obama"

It is quite weird to see 'intellectual argument' and 'trump' in the same sentence. It just looks out of place, like a kangaroo hopping across the desert sands, or Mitt Romney wearing greasy overalls because he just got off work, or any CEO raising their family on minimum wage.

He's not even a politician .. knows nothing about government.
That's a huge plus these days. Politicians treat us like an ATM machine. Trump doesn't need the money.

Worse than obama? That's a mighty low bar.

The bar absolutely cannot be set lower than a loud-mouth reality show host for president. It's intellectually not possible.

Those who don't like government should stay out of it. How does someone who knows nothing about government make it better?

I didn't vote for Obama, won't be voting for Clinton .. but Donald Trump for president is a joke.

How exactly do you intelligently argue his policies or positions when he argues with himself?

Trumps policies if played out like his rhetoric have the potential to divide races and religions in America (namely Hispanic and Muslim). If he proceeds with his mass deportation, hate and protest between bigots and hispanics will explode. Muslims in America will be isolated and interrogated as he has proposed monitoring Mosques and punishing friends and families of Muslim criminals/terrorists. There goes freedom of religion in the US.

Economically he has the potential of isolating us from the world stage with his reckless criticisms of our free trade agreements and our NATO alliance. I actually think he makes some good points but has no tact, finesse or articulate strategy about how to get these things done. He rally's fear and anger while dishing out insults. It's a shame because, again, I think he has the potential of doing good things... But also the very real potential to cause immeasurable damage.

Trumps policies if played out like his rhetoric have the potential to divide races and religions in America (namely Hispanic and Muslim). If he proceeds with his mass deportation, hate and protest between bigots and hispanics will explode. Muslims in America will be isolated and interrogated as he has proposed monitoring Mosques and punishing friends and families of Muslim criminals/terrorists. There goes freedom of religion in the US.

Economically he has the potential of isolating us from the world stage with his reckless criticisms of our free trade agreements and our NATO alliance. I actually think he makes some good points but has no tact, finesse or articulate strategy about how to get these things done. He rally's fear and anger while dishing out insults. It's a shame because, again, I think he has the potential of doing good things... But also the very real potential to cause immeasurable damage.
More hysterics ,you have little confidence in our system.
Trump is no more a threat too this nation than my yellow lab is.

I love where the Drumpf supporter is now using “Trump is a world traveler” as one of his strengths!!!!

Is this a Joe Schmo joke that someone is playing on the people???

No, this is a billionaire with connections all over the world. A man of accomplishment and stature. One who all politicians, including Hilary, courted for support and mostly money..

And as far as the oft repeated fear and anger, this is a strategy of democrats, and continues with claims of religious persecution, mass incarcerations, and violence. These are the constant fear mongering tactics of democrats, once again factually worse than anything trump has done.

I want to see any liberal show me where most republicans have a fear instead of a justified concern, about jobs, wages, immigration, or radical Muslim terrorism. I am not afraid of anything political. As far as anger goes the anger was there long before trump and it is a healthy anger that has caused more people to get involved in politics on both the right and the left. The constant liberal platitudes and despotic predictions have no basis in reality. Politicians and dems in particular want you to believe their propaganda and not your own lying eyes.

In obamas drone world no one is allowed to get angry or to resist. That is not who we are. We are Americans.

Appearance counts more than substance in many cases, at least in recent times to American voters. Visceral reaction 'trumps' reasoned action.

"Obama has for his whole presidency castigated America. Trump celebrates America. Obama has created a huge divide between the rich and the poor. Obama has continued to crush the middle class, trump wants to rejuvenate it. Trump wants more real jobs for Americans, Obamas record is a lukewarm economy. Trump wants to get a handle on the debt, Obama wants to grow it exponentially."

Nonsense.

A paragraph made up of nothing but fallacies, inane partisan spin, and ridiculous lies.

No, this is a billionaire with connections all over the world. A man of accomplishment and stature. One who all politicians, including Hilary, courted for support and mostly money..

And as far as the oft repeated fear and anger, this is a strategy of democrats, and continues with claims of religious persecution, mass incarcerations, and violence. These are the constant fear mongering tactics of democrats, once again factually worse than anything trump has done.

I want to see any liberal show me where most republicans have a fear instead of a justified concern, about jobs, wages, immigration, or radical Muslim terrorism. I am not afraid of anything political. As far as anger goes the anger was there long before trump and it is a healthy anger that has caused more people to get involved in politics on both the right and the left. The constant liberal platitudes and despotic predictions have no basis in reality. Politicians and dems in particular want you to believe their propaganda and not your own lying eyes.

In obamas drone world no one is allowed to get angry or to resist. That is not who we are. We are Americans.
That's a nice story but what about the liberal anger and resistance is different than the conservatives? Both sides do it with different issues. Why are liberals mindless drones and conservatives the rational objectors with reason for concern?

No, Trump is an ignorant, hateful bigot – someone with no understanding of the issues both foreign and domestic.

Trump is completely unqualified to be president – he lacks the temperament, knowledge, and political acumen to occupy the Oval Office.

This goes beyond partisan politics – 2016 is not like 2008 or 2012, where the respective republican candidates were at least fundamentally qualified to serve as president, but weren’t elected president because they were wrong on the issues.

Trump is not only wrong on the issues, but he’s not even fundamentally qualified to be president, unlike McCain and Romney.

Forum List

Back