Once Again Life Imitates the Babylon Bee

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Official: Cruise ship could house 1,000 Oakland homeless.

A San Francisco Bay Area city official wants to explore the possibility of using a cruise ship to house up to 1,000 homeless people in the region with a high cost of living and a shortage of affordable housing.

Oakland City Council President Rebecca Kaplan told a council meeting Tuesday that the ship would be brought to the Port of Oakland, but port officials said Wednesday the move would be “untenable.”

“We respect President Kaplan’s desire to address homelessness but Port of Oakland docks are designed to work cargo ships, there isn’t the infrastructure to berth a cruise ship,” port spokesman Mike Zampa said.

I bet they take a cargo ship and convert it. At the expense of the taxpayers of course.

It's not a laughing matter though. I always feel extremely sad for someone living without a roof over their head. It's inhumane.

As much as it sounds like an odd idea, if it were to help people I wouldn't be against it. So many problems to address though, from potential crimes on the ship to other insurance issues. People deserve basic dignity though.

It's not a laughing matter though. I always feel extremely sad for someone living without a roof over their head. It's inhumane.

As much as it sounds like an odd idea, if it were to help people I wouldn't be against it. So many problems to address though, from potential crimes on the ship to other insurance issues. People deserve basic dignity though.
Yes, the mentally ill need help. And the Left are giving them the opposite of what they need.

Many of the mentally ill don't know where they are and many are too violent to be housed on one of those docked ships.

Forum List

Back