On this day 1967

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
On June 8, 1967, US Navy intelligence ship USS Liberty was suddenly and brutally attacked on the high seas in international waters by the air and naval forces of Israel. The Israeli forces attacked with full knowledge that this was an American ship and lied about it. Survivors have been forbidden for 40 years to tell their story under oath to the American public. The USS Liberty Memorial web site tells their story and is dedicated to the memory of the 34 brave men who died.
USS Liberty Memorial

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -620 reputation points from MHunterB.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:

Regards,
MHunterB

Last edited:
On June 8, 1967, US Navy intelligence ship USS Liberty was suddenly and brutally attacked on the high seas in international waters by the air and naval forces of Israel. The Israeli forces attacked with full knowledge that this was an American ship and lied about it. Survivors have been forbidden for 40 years to tell their story under oath to the American public. The USS Liberty Memorial web site tells their story and is dedicated to the memory of the 34 brave men who died.
USS Liberty Memorial

I remember this action when it occurred. And the follow-up "investigations". It will forever be a black mark on the honor of the political leadership who failed to deal responsibly with what happened and the subsequent leadership which has never properly acknowledged the debt owed to both those who died and those who survived.

Israel apologized. Isn't that enough? Shit happens in combat and when a US ship strays into a combat zone even in international waters the results can be bad. A US carrier pilot in a F-14 recon mission in the Med. shot down a US F-4 Phantom in 1987. The Carrier pilot made it to admiral and the F-4 Phantom pilot had to retire due to injuries.

• Banned
On the Israeli side, the group of pro-Israel, anti-American critics of our story, while small, persists in launching loud, vicious ad hominem attacks on anyone who attempts to discuss the deliberateness of the attack. These anti-American apologists refuse to discuss the facts of the case. Instead, they rely on propaganda and charge anyone who questions the Israeli position with being antiSemitic.
USS Liberty Memorial

Jos may wish to assert that 'pro-Israel' eqates to 'anti-American', but then Jos is an Iranian living in Spain who has displayed a persistent negative attitude towards Jews and Judaism.

Jos isn't 'questioning the Israeli position': Jos is attempting to convince Americans that Israel is an enemy of the US.

And when I make posts Jos doesn't agree with, Jos negs me with messages like "You lie like a Jew".

Israel apologized. Isn't that enough? [snip]

No.
The Israeli plane was not under fire.
There was no imminent threat and no other basis for the attack.

The Egyptian Navy doesn't sail under the US flag. Nor do the Saudi Navy, the Algerian Navy or any other Moslem Navy. Israel paid less than a million dollars per man murdered to families of murder victims and didn't pay US taxpayers for damage to the ship until the 1980s.

Given the level of US support for Israel, in addition to reparations the Israeli pilot(s) and possibly the(ir) commander should still be in prison.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
  • Banned
Jos may wish to assert that 'pro-Israel' eqates to 'anti-American', but then Jos is an Iranian living in Spain who has displayed a persistent negative attitude towards Jews and Judaism.

Jos isn't 'questioning the Israeli position': Jos is attempting to convince Americans that Israel is an enemy of the US.

And when I make posts Jos doesn't agree with, Jos negs me with messages like "You lie like a Jew".

I gave a link to the quote, here it is again USS Liberty Memorial

I am certainly not Iranian, although I can speak Farsi and Arabic,

In your warped opinion you think being critical of Israeli actions is having a "negative attitude towards Jews and Judaism"

So, you quoted it but you don't share that view? Interesting.

No, you haven't been merely 'critical of Israeli actions': you've been critical of Israeli *existence* - and of existence of Judaism as well.

Not much to misunderstand about your 'You lie like a Jew' remark!

• Banned
This thread contains information critical of Israeli actions, as to being "critical of Israeli existence" why would you care, your not israeli, are you?

the phrase 'You lie like a Jew' was inserted by you yourself

03-14-2013, 02:32 AM

New reputation!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, you have received -187 reputation points from Jos.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
you lie like a jew

Regards,
Jos

Note: This is an automated message.

I realize it was a few negs back that you sent this to me, but send it you did. I 'inserted' nothing.

As to 'why I care': I think your description of the situation as 'murder' is exaggeration and inaccurate - although my fellow citizens are just as dead regardless. I also think you are assuming things we cannot ever know for certain - like that it was the intent of the highest levels of the Israeli Government to attack a US ship and kill its crew.

While I'm hardly delighted by this gross error on Israel's part: it was 46 years ago and nothing similar has happened since. So I'm not inclined to continually harp on it, anymore than I am the fact that one of the US planes bombing Libya back in the 80's dropped a round on the French Embassy there in the process. That was 'deliberate', too. It also hasn't been repeated.

There is plenty of room for criticizing this one action by some level of the Israeli military. What I am so mistrustful of, is the continual reference to a single event, an anomaly, as though it should be a major factor in setting US policy. I note with concern that a high percentage of those rushing to condemn this ONE ISOLATED Israeli action are people who fondly quote any number of classic anti-Semitic memes - many direct from the 'Protocols' they profess to know nothing of! - and that this ONE ISOLATED incident is used by those individuals to demonize all Jewish people, including myself, as 'not as loyal to the US'.

Last edited:
This thread contains information critical of Israeli actions, as to being "critical of Israeli existence" why would you care, your not israeli, are you?

the phrase 'You lie like a Jew' was inserted by you yourself

Since you're not American - why would you care? How about sharing that with us?

Forum List

Back