On the Wrong Side

Zein El Nour

Feb 4, 2009
On the Wrong Side
by Uri Avnery

Of all the beautiful phrases in Barack Obama's inauguration speech, these are the words that stuck in my mind: "You are on the wrong side of history."

He was talking about the tyrannical regimes of the world. But we, too, should ponder these words

In the last few days I have heard a lot of declarations from Ehud Barak, Tzipi Livni, Binyamin Netanyahu, and Ehud Olmert. And every time, these eight words came back to haunt me: "You are on the wrong side of history!"

http://www.antiwar.com/avnery/?articleid=14134

You may want to actually READ the board rules. I realize you think you are special and all, but you are violating board rules every time you post the complete article and do not provide a link. Now it may be inconvenient that you have to wait for 15 posts before you can post a link, but guess what? All the rest of us had to follow those rules as well.

We would really like to see where you get your biased ignorant articles from.

Fixed....

In the future, post only a small part of your article along with a link in order to comply with copyright rules or the posts will be deleted.

If you need to link something prior to having 16 posts, you can contact a moderator or administrator for help.

I won't be looking at any more of this idiot's drivel. What a waste of time. At least Sunni Man makes me laugh every now and then.

On the Wrong Side
by Uri Avnery

Of all the beautiful phrases in Barack Obama's inauguration speech, these are the words that stuck in my mind: "You are on the wrong side of history."

He was talking about the tyrannical regimes of the world. But we, too, should ponder these words

In the last few days I have heard a lot of declarations from Ehud Barak, Tzipi Livni, Binyamin Netanyahu, and Ehud Olmert. And every time, these eight words came back to haunt me: "You are on the wrong side of history!"

On the Wrong Side - by Uri Avnery

I'm thinking about how history dealt with the savage aspects of various religions.

A number, including several of the major religions, have civilized themselves, and brought themselves into modern times.

Mormons had to give up polygamy to join the union.

Sutee was made illegal in 1829.

MacArthur forced the emperor to announce that he was not a god.

It will be interesting to see how a bridge to the 7th century will be destroyed.

it is an interesting stament....the wrong side of history......

when has the arab world been on the right side of history......

i bet no one can answer this with out saying some other nation is worse......

but seriously.....give me an arab nation and an example of being on the right side of history.....

but seriously.....give me an arab nation and an example of being on the right side of history.....

Are you saying that nothing but bad came about, even as pertainging to the Bible? Didn't Jesus Christ come from an arab nation?

http://www.barr-family.com/godsword/dateborn.htm

Last edited:

Are you saying that nothing but bad came about, even as pertainging to the Bible? Didn't Jesus Christ come from an arab nation?

When Was Jesus Christ Born?

which arab nation was christ born in......

and no i did not say that only bad things came about....i asked a simple question....name an arab nation and give me an example of being on the right side of history...

so we have christ and.....which nation....

Forum List

Back