On Sex-Ed Ad, McCain Is Right

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
In recent days, a consensus has developed among the Obama campaign and commentators in the press that John McCain has decided to lie his way to the White House. Exhibit A in this new consensus is McCain’s ad, released last week, claiming that Barack Obama’s “one accomplishment” in the field of education was “legislation to teach ‘comprehensive sex education’ to kindergartners.”

Within moments of the ad’s appearance, the Obama campaign called it “shameful and downright perverse.” The legislation in question, a bill in the Illinois State Senate that was supported but not sponsored by Obama, was, according to Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton, “written to protect young children from sexual predators” and had nothing to do with comprehensive sex education for kindergartners. In a stinging final shot, Burton added, “Last week, John McCain told Time magazine he couldn’t define what honor was. Now we know why.”

Read the rest here:
On Sex-Ed Ad, McCain Is Right by Byron York on National Review Online

i read it all. I am not sure of the point of any of it. Sexual education should be facts. Period. any education should be factual. a point I am sure we can all agree on. Sex ed should be age approiate. Teaching kids what bad touching is...is important. But with the wee ones, they do not need to know much more than...that. remember the majority of sexual offenders are known and trusted by the family.

As for the choice between obama and maccain...again it boils down to which set of lies and puffing you want to believe.

the national review? dude.. come on. If we wanted to know what opinions partisans have then we can go to the website like you do. How many more articles from a biased source are you going to post as if they mean anything to anyone outside of your team jersey wearing club?

This has been gone over many times. Obama sponsored a bill to protect kids, NOT to "teach sex ed to children before they learn to read and write".

Just another example of how badly the McInsane camp is screwing up and showing their asses. Just like your typical repugnican, they use half truths and fear to promote their points.

HOW is MCcain RIGHT?

i don't see how?

it is each individual school district that determines what is taught, not Obama choosing for these districts, or for the parents of the children who also are involved?

and this from the actual bill tells all....

(2) All (1) course material and instruction shall be age and developmentally appropriate.

I posted the actual parts of the bill. It says nothing about "comprehensive" sex education for kintergarten kids. It talks about sex education at the approriate level.

Yes, kids in kintergarten will ask questions about sex. There should be something in place to answer them at a level that is appropriate.

This is more bullshit from the Obama "haters". Wow, I used the rightie word.

This is the type of garbage McCain needs to win and he will bring this sytle to lead and represent our nation. McCain is demonstrating that he has lost his class

Who the fuck REALLY thinks kindergartens will be screening The Miracle of Birth?

What it comes down to is this:

Obama does support sex education for children.
All the screeching that he doesn't is a lie.

The fact that it would be "age appropriate" and used "only to educate children about predators" is simply spin on the actual language, and can be interpreted in ANY WAY by anyone who is teaching.

Sex education for children is not necessary if the only purpose for it is to teach children about predators, period. Bad touch and dangerous situations have nothing to do whatever with "sex ed". Sex ed is to teach youngsters about sexual function and health.

As I said previously, my preschoolers were taught about bad touch/good touch using a variety of tools which did not include anything which could be deemed "sex education".

It's just another step in sexualizing children, and the Obamites are lying when they say the bill isn't about providing sex education to children. FACTCHECK org spokesperson was on CNN AGAIN this morning, and RE-ITERATED that the language of the bill was unambiguous in its support of SEX EDUCATION for kindergartners.

Period.

And you leave the door with "age appropriate". Obviously every person has a different idea of what is "age appropriate" for their kids...and kids themselves vary greatly in their understanding at any age.

riiiiiiiiight... It's Obama that sexualizes kids......

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, baba. sure. Can't retort to the laughable idea that all of a sudden first graders will be seeing slide images of a pussy and cock, eh? Hey, LETS STOP TEACHING MEIOSIS TOO! How can we teach evolution if kids have no fucking clue how mammals reproduce!

Forum List

Back