On Grover Norquist

All in all the fact is GN is the man beind the curtain. On 60-minutes he exposed himself and I wonder how others view the vision.

I see an arrogant man enjoying the power he disengenuously denies he has; a man who understands and exploits human weakness and ambition; a man who disregards right and wrong who uses charm and wit and intimidation to manipulate others; a man who lacks remorse for the consequences of his actions which harm others.

"We're going to crush labor as a political entity"
Grover Norquist - Republican economic guru and co-author of the GOP's 'Contract with America'

"We're going to crush labor as a political entity"
Grover Norquist - Republican economic guru and co-author of the GOP's 'Contract with America'

Hmmm, does such a comment forebode class warfare?

Isn't it funny that the Republican leadership - both elected and self appointed - describe everything they do and advocate as something being done by Democrats and liberals. And isn't it sad that those who follow the charlatans and demagogues who lead them don't get it (or refuse to acknowledge it)?

The more one knows about Grover Norquist the more likely one is to become a liberal.

Only those who are predisposed to being idiots.

LOL, now, now LIEability, no one is predisposed to becoming an idiot, such is a congenital matter. One could argue that the willfully ignorant are predisposed to being conservative - at least the evidence for such a conclusion is posted on this message board with great frequency.

As for your quote of my comment, I must point out the intent was sarcasm, that it went over your head is regrettable.

As a proud and loud conservative I understand why you haven't commented on GN's class warfare intent - cognitive dissonance is so uncomfortable.

Last edited:
The more one knows about Grover Norquist the more likely one is to become a liberal.

Only those who are predisposed to being idiots.

LOL, now, now LIEability, no one is predisposed to becoming an idiot, such is a congenital matter. One could argue that the willfully ignorant are predisposed to being conservative - at least the evidence for such a conclusion is posted on this message board with great frequency.

As for your quote of my comment, I must point out the intent was sarcasm, that it went over your head is regrettable.

As a proud and loud conservative I understand why you haven't commented on GN's class warfare intent - cognitive dissonance is so uncomfortable.

Wrong Fly Catcher, a/k/a Shit.

You are clearly predisposed to being an idiot. The phrase "willfully ignorant" describes your kind of "thinking" to a very fine point.

And I noted your comment was intended as sarcasm, moron. That's why I mocked you for having said something so stupid.

That everything flies over your head is not entirely regrettable, but it is endlessly amusing.

Keep up the stellar work! :thup:

Last edited:
Fly Catcher's little piss and moan meltdown over Grover notwithstanding, can anybody offer a legitimate argument as to why they are so offended by the guy?

Last edited:
Is this dude running for president , if not why are you so bothered by him .

He has extracted a signed commitment from most Republican Congress-persons whereby they affirm to the voters of their various districts that they will NOT vote to raise taxes.

And he acts on that. If they break their oaths (oaths to the voters, not to Grover, by the way), then Grover highlights it FOR the voters.

Nothing wrong with any of that.

The left wing whiners don't like it because it does make the elevation of tax rates or the imposition of new taxes a lot more difficult.

Actually, I do have one small problem with the commitment. It is possible that there could arise a circumstance where the Congress-critter OUGHT to consider a higher tax -- for instance in the event of a war.

What we need is a similar commitment to lower SPENDING.

Last edited:
Fly Catcher's little piss and moan meltdown over Grover notwithstanding, can anybody offer a legitimate argument as to why they are so offended by the guy?

I don't need to offer an argument, GN in his own words provides sufficient reason to be offended by all who support and defend our constitution. When a legislature is held hostage by one person or a cabal, whether by threat of violence or threat of 'exposure', all Americans who support the principles of representative democracy are offended. That you don't suggests you do not hold our constitution in high esteem.

I don't need to offer an argument, GN in his own words provides sufficient reason to be offended by all who support and defend our constitution. When a legislature is held hostage by one person or a cabal, whether by threat of violence or threat of 'exposure', all Americans who support the principles of representative democracy are offended. That you don't suggests you do not hold our constitution in high esteem.
You keep misspelling "leftist agenda".

You are certainly not required to offer an argument. And it's clear that you cannot.

And your sanctimony aside, there is absolutely NOTHING inconsistent with supporting and defending our Constitution AND holding our representatives accountable for campaign promises.

Smug, inarticulate and quite unpersausive partisan hacks like you only PRETEND that what Grover Norquist has done amounts to taking any Congressperson "hostage." Tired, trite and bogus rhetoric is your stock in trade.

Try to follow along. Get an adult to assist you. It's easy, but you will not be able or willing to see it.

(A) the very Constitution you pretend to have allegiance to makes our representatives subservient to US. This is why we are citizens and not subjects.

(B) One of the methods by which the Constitution seeks to compel Congresspersons to abide by the will of the People (within the bounds of various rights of the People and limitations ON the authority of Government, of course) is that it explicitly provides for legal protection of the right of the People to PETITION their representatives.

(C) One way of doing that is to extract from any candidate seeking to BE a Congressperson an explicit commitment. Congressional candidates are NOT required to provide that commitment. But if their refusal to provide it causes them to lose the election, that's kind of PERFECTLY OK in terms of the Constitution.

(D) Thereafter, holding to the fire the little toesies of Congressmen who got elected, in part, on the BASIS of providing such commitments is ALSO perfectly proper.

By the way, did you notice that the phrase "methods by which the Constitution seeks to compel Congresspersons to abide by the will of the People" would qualify (in your bullshit lexicon) as "holding them hostage."

Yet another reason you are a hack, a fraud and unpersuasive.

Carry on.

P.S. If you and your fellow travelers dislike the pledge extracted from so many congressional candidates so fucking much, you and they can oppose those candidates who sign such commitments. Or, you can extract alternative commitments from the candidates YOU and your fellow travelers support.

God DAYUM. Imagine that. THEY have the right to SEEK commitments from the candidates and YOU and your fellow travelers have a right to SEEK alternative commitments or to simply oppose the candidates who agree with your opposition.

So the question becomes - how can he be stopped.

Exposure. Where does his money come from?

LIEability's bombastic defense of GN is silly; one person should (IMO) not hold power over elected officials who - in the House of Representatives - represent 600,000 citizens or Senators who represent everyone in their state.

Exposure. Where does his money come from?

LIEability's bombastic defense of GN is silly; one person should (IMO) not hold power over elected officials who - in the House of Representatives - represent 600,000 citizens or Senators who represent everyone in their state.

Fly Catcher's endless dishonesty notwithstanding, Mr. Norquist is STILL not the one who is holding all this "power" lefties fear so much.

Who is holding that "power?"

The entity which statist lefties like Fly Catcher cannot abide: the people.

No.

I knew nobody could.

Wry Catcher has offered a legitimate concern on the previous pages, notwithstanding LIEabilitiy's lies. LIEability's argument that the people hold the power is demagoguery at its best, true in the abstract but far from true in practice.

No.

I knew nobody could.

Wry Catcher has offered a legitimate concern on the previous pages, notwithstanding LIEabilitiy's lies. LIEability's argument that the people hold the power is demagoguery at its best, true in the abstract but far from true in practice.

Fly Catcher said nothing legitimate despite his dishonest claim to the contrary.

And Liability has not lied at all. That claim is just another lie by Fly Catcher.

And liberal statists like Fly Catcher not only WOULD claim that the fact that the PEOPLE hold the power is merely demagoguery, they do. Fly Catcher, being a dishonest liberal statist, just did in fact. :cuckoo:

All in all the fact is GN is the man beind the curtain. On 60-minutes he exposed himself and I wonder how others view the vision.

I see an arrogant man enjoying the power he disengenuously denies he has; a man who understands and exploits human weakness and ambition; a man who disregards right and wrong who uses charm and wit and intimidation to manipulate others; a man who lacks remorse for the consequences of his actions which harm others.

I see an arrogant man enjoying the power he disengenuously denies he has

What power does he have?

a man who lacks remorse for the consequences of his actions which harm others.

Which actions of his harm others? How?

I see an arrogant man enjoying the power he disengenuously denies he has

What power does he have?

a man who lacks remorse for the consequences of his actions which harm others.

Which actions of his harm others? How?

I suggest you watch his performance when interviewed by Kroft on 60-minutes. The power GN holds over incumbent members of Congress is campaign money - money he may use to thier benefit or to destroy them.

His ideology harms others. His desire to shrink government agencies which provide health and welfare benefits, retirement benefits and such to American citizens in need.

"LIEability's argument that the people hold the power is demagoguery at its best, true in the abstract but far from true in practice"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back