On Being Taken Seriously

T

treat2

Consider this as constructive critcisn, as opposed to a personal attack.... (Also, consider that I'm not a of the Islamic faith.)

When I saw "(Go Steelers)", under the 1st "Announcements" post,

followed-up by...

"The Belt-way Sniper is a Muslim" ...

I immediately knew ...

The kind of posts I was going to see were from and hosted by ...

- people that enjoy the same kind of mass-hysteria as demonstrated in football games as can be seen in fundamentalist Islamic demonstrations against the U.S.

- avid beer drinkers given to concluding that Muslims are prone to violence, as opposed to Christians that are not. (I really could go on all day, with this one. But I'll spare you with a last comment for you to remember.)

For over ONE THOUSAND YEARS, the violence of the Christian Church was unleashed upon over a million women that were buned at the stake as witches, the countless thousands of people that were subjected to the most unimaginable, inhumane torture scanctioned by Christians in their Inquisition, and the millions that were either killed, wounded, tortured, or the subject of the Crusades.

The GREATEST Crime Against Humanity EVER commited was by the Christian Church that plunged mankind (in what we call Europe) into a THOUSAND YEARS of darkness. The world was flat,
the Church was ALWAYS right (as it is still presumed by Christians to be, depending on whatever Church they belong to), and the threat of never-ending Hell-fire was used to control and shape innocent young minds, as it still is today by the likes of Jerry Falwell, Born-Agains, and numerous other Christians.

If you want ANYONE to consider your Forum or your Posts seriously, you need to limit your own hatred of other religions and other beliefs to your own diary, instead of posting them in a public forum, in which you would prefer to be respected, and have anyone consider anything you have to say as being worthwhile reading.

When I saw "When I saw" in 2 successive posts I knew I was dealing with an idiot.

If you want ANYONE to consider your Forum or your Posts seriously, you need to limit your own hatred of other religions and other beliefs to your own diary, instead of posting them in a public forum, in which you would prefer to be respected, and have anyone consider anything you have to say as being worthwhile reading.

Thats also 2 posts in a row where you are telling people what they need to do in order to "be taken seriously".

The board is getting more and more popular on a daily basis. Many of my posts are taken seriously and many are not, such is the nature of online forums. If you don't like what people post, either ignore it or take a hike. Stick to debating topics and forget about how people post.

I could care less what you think of my posts or beliefs and I imagine I am not alone.

And lastly, you can stick your comments up your ass. :finger:

I'd like to add that your crticism may be a bit misdirected. You are lashing out at those that post negatively about Muslims and coming to the conclusion that these posters are all Christian.

#1 - How do you know the posters are Christian?

#2 - If you don't, you are just making a discussion about Christianity and your problems with it. This is the Muslim forum you posted in, please keep it on topic. If your objective is just to gripe about posting styles or Christianity in general, I suggest you post in the "Chat" forum below.

Excuse me treat2, I take that personally that you are calling of us avid beer drinkers and that Muslims is all that is picked on or the issues, WRONG!

First, I don't drink! second, whether I am Christian or not, and that really isn't any of your business, who are you to come on here and throw your bullshit around? do you have all FACTS of your claims? and you see go Steeler's under Muslims, big deal, take a long look at this board, there are chats, SPORTS, anit-america, canada, and yeah, muslim!!! read some of the posts before you start making comments!!!!! there are some good debates on here, and some good people - writing crap like this isn't going to welcome you kindly around here! you want to be taken seriously than go argue on a TOPIC!

'ello treat :)

Think you might want to read a few more posts before judging the forums and the posters here. Most of the time the discussion are very civil and informative on both sides of a given issue. Sure there's some that get hot under the collar and vent on occaision, but that doesn't happen too much imo, certainly not as bad as the yahoo boards...

- people that enjoy the same kind of mass-hysteria as demonstrated in football games as can be seen in fundamentalist Islamic demonstrations against the U.S.

Hmm, I like my hysteria small usually like when you can't remember where you are when you first wake up and then realize you are in your own bed...ain't that wierd? And not much for football except on thanksgiving...

- avid beer drinkers given to concluding that Muslims are prone to violence, as opposed to Christians that are not. (I really could go on all day, with this one. But I'll spare you with a last comment for you to remember.)

As an avid beer drinker, I'd have to say I'm not of the opinion that muslims are any more prone to violence than anyone else, there's just too much evidence to the contary such as your examples. Another good one you left out is the IRA (or sin fein, what are they called nowadays?). It's just that the islamic terrorists are the ones currently in the spotlight for various reasons...

If you decide to stick around I look forward to seeing more of your point of view.

"Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive..."

Forum List

Back