Christian vs. Muslims

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by treat2, Oct 23, 2003.

1. treat2

treat2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    For over ONE THOUSAND YEARS, the violence of the Christian Church was unleashed upon over a million women that were buned at the stake as witches, the countless thousands of people that were subjected to the most unimaginable, inhumane torture scanctioned by Christians in their Inquisition, and the millions that were either killed, wounded, tortured, or the subject of the Crusades.

The GREATEST Crime Against Humanity EVER commited was by the Christian Church that plunged mankind (in what we call Europe) into a THOUSAND YEARS of darkness. The world was flat,
    the Church was ALWAYS right (as it is still presumed by Christians to be, depending on whatever Church they belong to), and the threat of never-ending Hell-fire was used to control and shape innocent young minds, as it still is today by the likes of Jerry Falwell, Born-Agains, and numerous other Christians.

From the begining of the Christians rise to power, well over a thousand years ago, up to today Christians sought to either destroy or rewrite all of the written works and discoveries ever recorded in such fields as Science, Math, Philosophy, and any others that they did not agree with.

Countering this unfathomable and endless crime of the Christian Church were the Muslims. During
    the most repressive thousand years of the Church's domination over mankind (in what is modern Europe),
    the Muslims in the regions we now commonly call the Arabic countries, preserved all of the written works
    and discoveries in these many fields (previously mentioned).

While the Christians continued to burn people at the stake, and torture everyone that did not agree with them, the Muslim culture florished. Great mathematitions, scholars, astronomers, artists and others unknown
    to today's Christians by virtue of the restricted teachings in their schools (today) were born and made contributions that permitted Galeleo to reach the astronomical conclusions that the Church refused to recognize.

When the stranglehold of the Christian Church's was finally broken by independent thinkers that were able to obtain English translations of the written works of mankind that Muslims had preserved, the advances
    that most Christians are familiar with today were made possible, because they were built upon the advances made in these fields by Muslim scholars.

The self-rightious Christians of today that claim Christianity as a religion of peace and Islam as a violent
    religion, defy and deny their own history, and the manifestations of that legacy today in schools that teach
    children that the female of our species was divinely invented from a rib bone of the male of our species, and
    that the universe is 6,000 years old.

For every fanatical Muslim, there are certainly more fanatical Christians that seek to turn back the clock
    a over a thousand years, dumb-down everyone's children, and claim that they themselves are in some way
    morally better than and different from a suicide bomber.

2. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't you just throw this out here on another topic?????

3. treat2

treat2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    If that doesn't answer your question as being an obvious no. Try bothering to read my post before creating your own post, if you want to be taken seriously!

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Try bothering to read what I posted previously. If you cannot follow the rules and post on topic, feel free to leave! This was no comparison, it was 100% about Christians and not meant for the Muslim forum. Adding the word "muslim" in there occasionally doesn't make it a Muslim topic.

Future posts will not be politely moved, they will just be deleted.

5. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Interesting OPINION. What magazine did you get it out of?

6. treat2

treat2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    ... the different posts were moved, altered, unread, and plagerized.

I'm not worried about Muslims! (Read between the lines.)

7. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You mean read between like this ! :finger:

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I'm not worried about Muslims either!

You were told why your thread was moved. Nothing was altered. You are free to continue your discussion here.

Btw - you are defending the indefensible. Enjoy!

P.S. - it's "plagiarized"

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    From other threads, I take it that treat has been banned. I'd still like to respond to his rantings...

1. One million women accused of being witches and burned? Source, please. I have never heard a number that high.
    2. The Inquisition, brought to you in part by the Catholic Church, was indeed a horrible event. In fact, its target was other Christians. Christianity went through a very long period where different denominations considered each other lost. Today, however, I think most Christians reject that kind of thinking.
    3. You never actually named the greatest crime ever against humanity that plunged Europe into a thousand years of darkness. What the hell are you talking about?
    4. The threat of hell. If you read the Bible, hell is described in several places as a very real place. However, if you spoke to Christians about why they believe what they do, very few will tell you that it's primarily because they don't want to go to hell; they'll say that it's primarily because they understand the LOVE that God has for us.
    5. In actuality, most European scientists were guided by their faith to pursue scientific knowledge. Challenges from the Catholic Church notwithstanding, the majority of European scientists believed that God was the author of science, and so science and faith were intertwined.

I don't think anyone disagrees that the Arab/Muslim contributions to science and math during the Golden Age of Islam. The question you should ask is why there are no longer any such significant contributions from the Muslim world.

Well...
    1. Christianity has had its violent moments. However, the Bible itself does not teach violence towards anyone. So, as a born-again Christian that you so willfully disparaged, I would call the killing of innocents during the Crusades wrong.
    2. Public schools today do not teach that the universe was created by God. The church absolutely teaches this, as it is clearly outlined in the Bible.
    3. I don't know any Christians that believe the universe is 6,000 years old. In fact, most Christians I know believe that the Big Bang is of God's design.
    4. I would love to see these 'fanatical Christians' who seek to take the world back to the Stone Age. I have yet to see them on the Christian-friendly media (okay, stop laughing). On the other hand, I see Muslim extremists blowing people up almost every day. So yes, I would have to say that a Christian who seeks to teach people about his/her religion in a peaceful manner is morally better than a homicide bomber who kills widows and children because his Imam told him to.

10. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I'm sure God's in heaven right now, so happy to see how much argument he's causing around here!

If you're a Christian, worship Christ and be happy and don't be self-righteous!

If you're a Muslim, worship Allah and be happy and don't blow anyone up!

Simple as that.