On a diet but don’t weigh yourself every week?

jchima

Sep 22, 2014
Chose on a mission to slim should be weighing themselves as frequently as every day

Stepping on the bathroom scales may be commonplace among dieters but the frequency of weigh-ins makes all the difference.

With New Year just a fortnight away, many of us will be thinking about the best way to shift those extra pounds gained over Christmas.

And to get the best results, you should weigh yourself at least once a week or you may actually put on weight rather than lose it.

A new report out on Thursday reveals those on a mission to slim should be weighing themselves as frequently as every day.

The new study published in the journal PLOS ONE showed that the more frequently dieters weighed themselves the more weight they lost.
Source: On a diet but don t weigh yourself every week - eReporter

Why would I want to? My weight has not changed five pounds in 45 years, and prior to that was an increase that remained below normal. Actually I did lose five pounds from a injury. My skull was cracked so my brain must have been lost since I have not been able to get it back.

I don't own a scale. Never have and don't plan to. My weight stays the same and I know that by how my clothes fit me. If something feels snug, I eat less and work out more.

I think we're way too obsessed with that number.

OTOH, if one is overweight, maybe its helpful to use a scale. Far better would be to pay attention to one's weight before it becomes a problem.

I weigh myself every other Sunday but that's just because I'm on a special diet and I wanna' see the trend over time.

Other than that I agree with Luddy.

Chose on a mission to slim should be weighing themselves as frequently as every day

Stepping on the bathroom scales may be commonplace among dieters but the frequency of weigh-ins makes all the difference.

With New Year just a fortnight away, many of us will be thinking about the best way to shift those extra pounds gained over Christmas.

And to get the best results, you should weigh yourself at least once a week or you may actually put on weight rather than lose it.

A new report out on Thursday reveals those on a mission to slim should be weighing themselves as frequently as every day.

The new study published in the journal PLOS ONE showed that the more frequently dieters weighed themselves the more weight they lost.
I've lost ten I put on during the holidays.

I weigh every day at the same time.

In cookie withdrawal, and eating like a bird.

Five more to go.

I don't own a scale. Never have and don't plan to. My weight stays the same and I know that by how my clothes fit me. If something feels snug, I eat less and work out more.

I think we're way too obsessed with that number.

OTOH, if one is overweight, maybe its helpful to use a scale. Far better would be to pay attention to one's weight before it becomes a problem.
You don't have a GF that cooks like mine, and bakes cookies by the gross, not the dozen.

I always failed when I weigh myself. The difference between a lifestyle change and a diet is using the scale and ignoring the scale.

Forum List

Back