OMG Its not that serious, Its the Clinton Tax Rates

If they asked you, which options would you support:

• Let all the Clinton rates take effect, they worked well before.

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Cut Defense by the 10% sequestration

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Tweak SS by means testing & raising eligibility age by one year

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Fix Medicare by making everyone pay for service, can't pay then die MF

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • New Wall Street transaction tax, make them long term investors

• Big tax increase on derivatives and short sales, losses not deductible

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Raise capital gains tax rate

• Make these tax increases in two steps 2013 & 2014

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Keep subsidies for milk but not for oil

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Support the US dollar and avoid S&P downgrades-lower debt ceiling

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I'm amazed that the dickless morons in DC can't keep the bus on the road. Lets vote on how we would fix the US economy for the long run:

I can't list every good idea, just my top ten. Please put up other ideas for review and debate...the object is to save SS & Medicare for those of us that paid into it...and to grow the US economy for the long haul without Greenspan/Bernanke BUBBLES....

Well, we can completely rule economic growth out of the equation for at least the next 4 years.

Nobody in their right mind would expand business in America unless they are chasing new gubmint dollars, and the sequester will go a long way toward shutting down that bubble.

The poll choices are inadequate.

I'd prefer to see federal spending rolled back to 2008 levels. We have a spending problem, exacerbated by the supposed temporary stimulus turning into structural spending (aided and abetted by the Dems refusal to pass a budget).

Roll it back.

I'm amazed that the dickless morons in DC can't keep the bus on the road. Lets vote on how we would fix the US economy for the long run:

I can't list every good idea, just my top ten. Please put up other ideas for review and debate...the object is to save SS & Medicare for those of us that paid into it...and to grow the US economy for the long haul without Greenspan/Bernanke BUBBLES....

raise taxes by 2% on people making over a million.

raise taxes on investment income by 4%

cut wasteful spending... before you act willy nilly to cut thoughtlessly

raise social security eligibility by 2 years (with the proviso that we should study the impact on people in trades who have trouble working as many years because of wear and tear on their bodies.

The poll choices are inadequate.

I'd prefer to see federal spending rolled back to 2008 levels. We have a spending problem, exacerbated by the supposed temporary stimulus turning into structural spending (aided and abetted by the Dems refusal to pass a budget).

Roll it back.

It is simply freaky to think that the Federal gubmint almost doubled in size this century.

raise social security eligibility by 2 years (with the proviso that we should study the impact on people in trades who have trouble working as many years because of wear and tear on their bodies.

Oh yes, this will certainly address trillion dollar deficits.
:lol:

Last edited:

Oh yes, this will certainly address trillian dollar deficits.
:lol:

but.. but... but... Barry said!!

The economy grew, 20+ million jobs were created, and the budget was balanced; all under the Clinton tax rates.

So it isn't the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts® that would hold/are holding the economy back. That argument is for rubes with amnesia.

The economy grew, 20+ million jobs were created, and the budget was balanced; all under the Clinton tax rates.

So it isn't the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts® that would hold/are holding the economy back. That argument is for rubes with amnesia.

Clinton never balanced the budget bub... and he didn't leave Bush a surplus.

Look at this:
27xqfxt.gif

Look at the DoD budget before 9/11.

Look at it now.

Look at it into the future.

One war is over, the other very nearly.

Why is the projected DoD budget not being returned to pre-war levels?

As long as the GOP opposes Defense spending cuts, they need to shut their pie-holes about their "fiscal conservatism". They come across as raging hypocrites.

And anyone who is around today claiming to be a conservative who does not speak out against this will probably years from now claim they did, just like they claim they were always against Bush's spending. But we know better, don't we.

The GOP today is the "borrow and spend" party. This is irrefutable fact.

Look at this:
27xqfxt.gif

Look at it now.

As long as the GOP opposes Defense spending cuts, they need to shut their pie-holes about their "fiscal conservatism". They come across as raging hypocrites.

And anyone who is around today claiming to be a conservative who does not speak out against this will probably years from now claim they did, just like they claim they were always against Bush's spending. But we know better, don't we.

Now that's some funny shit.

To address this means to address the root of the problem. We can cut other programs to divert funding to keep SS and medicare somewhat solvent for the next 20 years or so, but not sustainably for the long term. Like RP, let people opt out, take care of those in, start putting the tax for those towards the actual program (not a likely story, which is the problem at the root).

To fix the business cycle we need to seriously consider fixing monetary policy. Doing this, would force DC to be responsible. So that starts fixing the problem immediately for the long term.

The tax increases and so called "fat trimming" approach has been going on unsuccessfully for decades. That talk is for the completely foolish. Like jillian.

Look at this:
27xqfxt.gif

Look at it now.

If he were bright, he wouldn't be a Libtard.

You're neglecting a few things:

- Clinton cut capital gains taxes by quite a bit
- The Y2K bubble, dotcom and telecom bubbles fueled tons of investment
- The GOP pushed through welfare reform and reduced spending
- Clinton benefited from the end of the Cold War peace dividend which lowered defense spending as a % of GDP

You're neglecting a few things:

- Clinton cut capital gains taxes by quite a bit
- The Y2K bubble, dotcom and telecom bubbles fueled tons of investment
- The GOP pushed through welfare reform and reduced spending
- Clinton benefited from the end of the Cold War peace dividend which lowered defense spending as a % of GDP

Economic booms always get choked off with the politicians slamming it with higher tax rates.

Hogs to the trough.

It is just how it happens.

Look at this:
27xqfxt.gif

Look at it now.

If he were bright, he wouldn't be a Libtard.

Speaking of hogs to the trough...

You are one of the many hypocrites of which I speak.

Please explain why the DoD budget should remain at war levels into the future. Let's get you on record so you cannot say later you were a fiscal conservative during the fiscal cliff budget debates.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back