OMG Its not that serious, Its the Clinton Tax Rates

If they asked you, which options would you support:

• Let all the Clinton rates take effect, they worked well before.

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Cut Defense by the 10% sequestration

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Tweak SS by means testing & raising eligibility age by one year

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Fix Medicare by making everyone pay for service, can't pay then die MF

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • New Wall Street transaction tax, make them long term investors

• Big tax increase on derivatives and short sales, losses not deductible

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Raise capital gains tax rate

• Make these tax increases in two steps 2013 & 2014

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Keep subsidies for milk but not for oil

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Support the US dollar and avoid S&P downgrades-lower debt ceiling

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
I have the moron on ignore, but someone should explain to him what 6% baseline budgeting does to any notion of returning to a pre-level of anything 12 years in the past.

I like how you pulled 6% out of your ass. Especially since the economy has not grown that much in decades.

Here's another chart to chew on:

34ql1zs.png

Dumbass. Not even during the Cold War did we explode DoD spending the way Bush did.

There simply is no excuse for not lowering Defense spending considerably.

As long as entitlements are lowered even more.. because at least defense is something constitutionally charged as a task for the fed....

I am all for cutting waste, etc out of the defense spending
But not when progressives and/or big govt types are not cutting or eliminating their other pet spending

See post 38. :)

Where is the remove all federal taxes and completely scale down the Federal Government to a military, court, and basic government functions option?

After we paid into SS and Medicare all our lives? Nope, not a workable option. Entitlements we earned need to be provided.

SS was intended as insurance, not a retirement plan. Not a way of life. The politicians over the decades have corrupted it and your mind.

They send me reports based on how much I paid in each year entitles me to a monthly pension. Thats the deal, its not welfare, it is in fact a retirement plan. Please see this wiki link...
Social Security (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The poll choices are inadequate.

I'd prefer to see federal spending rolled back to 2008 levels. We have a spending problem, exacerbated by the supposed temporary stimulus turning into structural spending (aided and abetted by the Dems refusal to pass a budget).

Roll it back.

How far back, $2-trillion? I think we're at $4 now, so cutting spending means cutting entitlements. I'm for cutting foreign aid, but unless you specify the cuts your idea goes no where.

I meant to say 2007 spending levels - which were $2.7T with tax receipts of $2.5T. 2011 outlays were $3.6T. Considering that the economy has only grown by $1T during that period, there is no justification for a $900B increase in the size of governement.

Look at it this way: the government is consuming 90% of economic growth since 2007. This is why the private sector is not producing jobs, why millions have dropped out of the labor force, why 1 out of 6.5 Americans are on food stamps, why over 8M Americans are on disability, and why we are SCREWED.

After we paid into SS and Medicare all our lives? Nope, not a workable option. Entitlements we earned need to be provided.

SS was intended as insurance, not a retirement plan. Not a way of life. The politicians over the decades have corrupted it and your mind.

They send me reports based on how much I paid in each year entitles me to a monthly pension. Thats the deal, its not welfare, it is in fact a retirement plan. Please see this wiki link...
Social Security (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From your link:

In the United States, Social Security refers to the Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) federal program.[1] The original Social Security Act (1935)[2] and the current version of the Act, as amended[3] encompass several social welfare and social insurance programs.

Insurance. Not pension.

Although Social Security is sometimes compared to private pensions, the two systems are different in a number of respects. It has been argued that Social Security is an insurance plan as opposed to a retirement plan. Unlike a pension, for example, Social Security pays disability benefits.

Too easy, sometimes.

LOL

'n 1974, a Democrat-dominated Congress in the throes of Watergate passed the Congressional Budget Act of 1974. Among other things, the act established the Congressional Budget Office and codified the notion of baseline budgeting. A budgetary baseline increases about 6% per year. Any expenditure less than that 6% yearly increase is portrayed as a budget cut by Democrats and their media lackeys.'

Blog: Congress, Baseline Budgeting, and Fraud

Too easy, sometimes.

LOL

'n 1974, a Democrat-dominated Congress in the throes of Watergate passed the Congressional Budget Act of 1974. Among other things, the act established the Congressional Budget Office and codified the notion of baseline budgeting. A budgetary baseline increases about 6% per year. Any expenditure less than that 6% yearly increase is portrayed as a budget cut by Democrats and their media lackeys.'

Okay, genius. What should the DoD budget be today starting with a FY2000 baseline?

It sure as shit should not look like this:

34ql1zs.png

Too easy, sometimes.

LOL

Last edited:
Where is the remove all federal taxes and completely scale down the Federal Government to a military, court, and basic government functions option?

not really

As long as libertarians and ultra right dooshes are allowed to sit at the policy-making conferences, America is in serious, serious trouble. I know at least 22 GoP Congressman that would vote for Plan B if Boehner brought it for an up or down vote.

Look at this:
27xqfxt.gif

Look at the DoD budget before 9/11.

Look at it now.

Look at it into the future.

One war is over, the other very nearly.

Why is the projected DoD budget not being returned to pre-war levels?

As long as the GOP opposes Defense spending cuts, they need to shut their pie-holes about their "fiscal conservatism". They come across as raging hypocrites.

And anyone who is around today claiming to be a conservative who does not speak out against this will probably years from now claim they did, just like they claim they were always against Bush's spending. But we know better, don't we.

The GOP today is the "borrow and spend" party. This is irrefutable fact.

Oppose defense spending cuts? The last I heard, conservatives want to INCREASE defense spending aLOT.

Too easy, sometimes.

LOL

A lot has changed since 1974, dipshit.

In 1987, however, the Congress amended the definition of the baseline so that discretionary appropriations would be adjusted to keep pace with inflation. Other technical changes, annual increase of now approximately 3% plus inflation, to the definition of the baseline were enacted in 1990, 1993, and 1997. Presently, the [automatic annual] Baseline Budgeting increase is about 7%.

Baseline budget projections increasingly became the subject of political debate and controversy during the late 1980s and early 1990s, and more recently during the 2011 debt limit debate. Some critics contend that baseline projections create a bias in favor of spending by assuming that federal spending keeps pace with inflation and other factors driving the growth of entitlement programs. Changes that merely slow the growth of federal spending programs have often been described as cuts in spending, when in reality they are actually reductions in the rate of spending growth.

There have been attempts to eliminate the baseline budget concept and replace it with zero based budgeting, which is the opposite of baseline budgeting. Zero based budgeting requires that all spending must be re-justified each year or it will be eliminated from the budget regardless of previous spending levels.

Budget hawks have demanded the elimination of "baseline budgeting". You have just exposed yourself as not being one of those.

You also seem to have forgotten this "baseline budgeting" applies to ALL government spending. So if you are going to justify your profligate defense spending with this bullshit, you have nothing to stand on when crying over domestic spending, dumbass.

Wow. We have just seen an alleged "conservative" justify increased government spending! And we have it on record. Finally.

Turns out you are a fiscal liberal. Just as I suspected.

Too easy, sometimes.

LOL

Last edited:
As long as libertarians and ultra right dooshes are allowed to sit at the policy-making conferences, America is in serious, serious trouble. I know at least 22 GoP Congressman that would vote for Plan B if Boehner brought it for an up or down vote.

Yes Fakey, Dick Tater. Only your weak knee'd, unprincipled type can sit at the table. And you offer up a "plan B" kick the can plan as relevant.

:rolleyes:

Look at this:
27xqfxt.gif

Look at it now.

As long as the GOP opposes Defense spending cuts, they need to shut their pie-holes about their "fiscal conservatism". They come across as raging hypocrites.

And anyone who is around today claiming to be a conservative who does not speak out against this will probably years from now claim they did, just like they claim they were always against Bush's spending. But we know better, don't we.

Oppose defense spending cuts? The last I heard, conservatives want to INCREASE defense spending aLOT.

President Obama on Thursday unveiled a Pentagon spending plan that fails to cut any major procurement programs and calls for spending $36 billion more on the military in 2017 than it will spend this year.'

Read more at Defense Dollars Would Increase Under Obama Budget

Look at this:
27xqfxt.gif

Look at it now.

President Obama on Thursday unveiled a Pentagon spending plan that fails to cut any major procurement programs and calls for spending $36 billion more on the military in 2017 than it will spend this year.'

Read more at Defense Dollars Would Increase Under Obama Budget

This should make fiscal liberals like yourself and John Boehner very happy!

Just make sure you don't cry when we have to raise the debt ceiling to borrow money from China to pay for all the new defense spending, mm-kay, hypocrite?

Last edited:
Remember, kids. SniperFire has supported and defended a 6% annual growth in government spending.

You saw it here with your own eyes. SniperFire is a fiscal liberal.

Last edited:
One option on the list is,
Keep subsidies for milk but not for oil

Why should we subsidize anything?

On CNBC today they said that without the milk subsidy milk would cost $6/gallon. I'm fine making sure that our kids get enough milk. I understand your point though, especially when you look at all subsidies. I don't get subsidizing illegal's education for example like Perry wanted to do.

LOL you guys think government supressing inflation while printing more currency and running more deficits is a good idea.

Forum List

Back