Old Ironsides newest enemy......yuppies

Anyway,, just to be a contrarian and also because I really hate noise, no matter who is making it and who was there first, I am going to support the anti canonballers.

Besides, it was nice of them to invite the commander for a glass of wine.

Old Ironsides’ upscale Charlestown neighbors are trying to pull off what British, French and Barbary pirate guns failed to accomplish in more than two centuries - silencing the cannons of the nation’s oldest commissioned naval vessel.

Miffed residents of a posh condo complex have invited the commanding officer of the USS Constitution over for a glass of wine so he can hear for himself that the frigate’s twice-daily cannon blasts - a tradition dating to 1798 - are “more disruptive to the neighborhood than you might have imagined.”

Neighbors aim to silence Old Ironsides’ cannons - BostonHerald.com

fuck em.

‘More disruptive ... than you might have imagined’ - BostonHerald.com

the constitution should start using live rounds, imo.

God, some people suck.

In this instance, yuppies.

Old Ironsides’ upscale Charlestown neighbors are trying to pull off what British, French and Barbary pirate guns failed to accomplish in more than two centuries - silencing the cannons of the nation’s oldest commissioned naval vessel.

Miffed residents of a posh condo complex have invited the commanding officer of the USS Constitution over for a glass of wine so he can hear for himself that the frigate’s twice-daily cannon blasts - a tradition dating to 1798 - are “more disruptive to the neighborhood than you might have imagined.”

Neighbors aim to silence Old Ironsides’ cannons - BostonHerald.com

fuck em.

‘More disruptive ... than you might have imagined’ - BostonHerald.com

the constitution should start using live rounds, imo.

God, some people suck.

In this instance, yuppies.
Yeah, the noble poor in the housing projects across the road have been putting up with it for years.

Anyway,, just to be a contrarian and also because I really hate noise, no matter who is making it and who was there first, I am going to support the anti canonballers.

I think they'd have a fine point if this had not been going on for 200 years. Newcomers that come in and demand everyone else change their ways are uber-annoying.

I LOVE Boston! Weather wasn't lousy (snow in late winter/early spring and beautiful perfect weather in early fall), the traffic was fun (yay rotaries!!!!) and everywhere I went the people were some of the nicest I've ever met. No one was rude,

Emma, maybe you are a little confused,

As we are talking about Boston, not Austin :doubt:

I think they'd have a fine point if this had not been going on for 200 years. Newcomers that come in and demand everyone else change their ways are uber-annoying.
Since the canon blasts are done for the benefit of the tourists then I'd say it's the residents who have seniority, if seniority actually counts for anything.
A former boss of mine lives over there and even though I liked the guy he's a stinking rich bastard who might benefit from a bit of discomfort on a daily basis, I'm still staying on the side of the anti-cannonballers. People who absolutely must hear the cannons roar can do so on their IPods.

Forum List

Back