Olberman signs off from Countdown

My bet is that he really does have some sort of personal, long term issue going on. My bet is on health.

Despite what others may think, he really was successful compared to the alternatives that were available to MSNBC to put in place of him.

Well yeah.

And Maddow, Schultz and O'Donnell will probably follow the same path sooner or later. Chris Matthews might survive.

My bet is that he really does have some sort of personal, long term issue going on. My bet is on health.

Despite what others may think, he really was successful compared to the alternatives that were available to MSNBC to put in place of him.

Well yeah.

And Maddow, Schultz and O'Donnell will probably follow the same path sooner or later. Chris Matthews might survive.

Comcast will be looking for a balance of left and right. What if they become fair and balanced?

I watch none of the talking head news commentary shows. Well actually I watch one local one on KY politics and sometimes the cranky old guy and such on PBS. I forget the name of the show it Has 2 libs and 2 right wingers including Pat Buchannon and some dingbat talking points parroting blond lady on the right.
And one steady VERY left wing blond lady on the left.

I have actually become impressed by Pat Buchannon.

Maybe this is a business decision?...How much hate came from this guy? His as some would say snarky
comments,his constant attacks against the right,his hard on for lack of a better term for O'Reilly.Good riddance.He thought he was the big stud over there,now he's a nobody.

mental health surely...

I should also add that this is analogous to saying the Andrea Doria was more successful because it took longer to sink and fewer died than the Titanic.

Last edited:
why would Fox News want him?
they have GOOD ratings
;)
Good point. It probably was his ratings...liberals don't need to be told how to think and therefore no one watched him.

Bill O'Reilly and Beck are safe. :thup:
ROFLMAO
liberals DO need to be told what to think
LOL

Umm why then do the liberal talking heads shows draw so many fewer viewers?
And why are they less in number?

viewership numbers tell more than one truth.

disclaimer: Yes some left wingers do need to be told how/what to think, but their percentage is obviously less that the right wingers need to be told.

Last edited:

Well yeah.

Comcast will be looking for a balance of left and right. What if they become fair and balanced?

That's not what they are looking for..

They are looking for "pundits" that distract audiences away from real issues, like government/corporate fraud. Back to "pundits" that focus soley on wedge issue nonsense like Janet Jackson's nipple at the super bowl.

Good point. It probably was his ratings...liberals don't need to be told how to think and therefore no one watched him.

ROFLMAO
LOL

disclaimer: Yes some left wingers do need to be told how/what to think, but their percentage is obviously less that the right wingers need to be told.
See you later...I've tivoed Beck and I need to see what he thinks I should think.

:lol:

Comcast could just launch a Have Somebody Else Do It channel. They can call the network Entitlement.

ROFLMAO
LOL

the difference is, conservatives tune in because they already agree with whats being said
but the liberals use other forms to be programed
;)

ROFLMAO
LOL

See you later...I've tivoed Beck and I need to see what he thinks I should think.

:lol:

Oh you know, your just being nonconformist.

I saw people on CBN the other day begging for money to fire up their IBN network. ie a TV station on the net it appears.

ROFLMAO
LOL

the difference is, conservatives tune in because they already agree with whats being said
but the liberals use other forms to be programed
;)

So right wingers are so insecure in their convictions that they need constant reinforcement?

Forum List

Back