Oklahoma Democrats sweep 2 special elections- Ha Ha

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Oklahoma Democrats sweep 2 special elections

8:29 PM, Jul 11, 2017

Democrats have swept two special elections in the Tulsa and Oklahoma City areas for state representative and senator after the resignation of Republican lawmakers.

Just the beginning of the end of GOP control.:)

So, every special election held has seen a big shift towards the Democrats. Not always enough to win in safe red districts, but there's always a big shift towards the Democrats.

In this case, the shift was big enough to win, even in blood-red Oklahoma.

Democrats sweep 2 legislative special elections in Oklahoma

Republicans usually like to start a story with an apocalyptic leading statement prior to posting the story...So...Ahem

With the death of the Republican Presidency this is the final nail in the coffin of the Republican Rule. People even in Oklahoma are tired of their bullshit and elitist actions hiding behind common man phrasing. Hopefully the Republicans will do whats right and restructure their party, kick out the weirdos and make themselves relevant again. I miss the old Republicans.

....How was that?

OKLAHOMA CITY

Democrats have swept special elections for a state House vacancy from the Tulsa area and a state Senate vacancy from Oklahoma City, both vacated by Republicans who resigned.

In House District 75, which includes portions of east Tulsa and north Broken Arrow, unofficial results show voters picked Democrat Karen Gaddis over Republican Tressa Nunley on Tuesday. Both were vying to replace former Republican state Rep. Dan Kirby, who resigned this year after two former legislative assistants accused him of sexual harassment. Kirby has admitted he used poor judgment but denied harassing legislative aides.

In Senate District 44 in south Oklahoma City, voters selected Democrat Michael Brooks over Republican Joe Griffin. Brooks will replace ex-state Sen. Ralph Shortey, who is facing three felony counts alleging he solicited a 17-year-old boy for sex. Shortey is scheduled for a preliminary court appearance on July 25

And in a GOP primary in Norman's House District 46, voters picked Darin Chambers over Charlie Samples and Jimmy Shannon to oppose Democrat Jacob Rosencrants on Sept. 12. The winner will replace former Rep. Scott Martin, a Republican who resigned to become president and CEO of the Norman Chamber of Commerce.

Read more here: Democrats sweep 2 legislative special elections in Oklahoma

Read it and weep :itsok:

Wow, two state legislative seats? Well, that's it. It's all over for the GOP..........

Democrats have swept two special elections in the Tulsa and Oklahoma City areas for state representative and senator after the resignation of Republican lawmakers.

Wow! The first time Dems won anything since 2012! And such consequential offices!

"The final count was 1,072 to 977.'"

The GOP is doomed! Doomed I tell you!

Last edited:

You are cheering that 2 democrats won STATE office in districts that are negroid and mexican ghettos? Holy shit you dems are desperate for anything....poor things.

You are cheering that 2 democrats won STATE office in districts that are negroid and mexican ghettos? Holy shit you dems are desperate for anything....poor things.

That Pubs use to hold.

That Pubs use to hold.
SO WHAT!? They are STATE seats....not national,MAYBE that the GOP people that resigned were charged with some really bad crimes had an effect on the vote!

Wow, two state legislative seats? Well, that's it. It's all over for the GOP..........

Correction, that's 2 REPUBLICAN held State Legislative seats

Oh, I understood completely. They're done for. I mean, TWO state legislative seats. Can you believe it? TWO small state legislative districts?? They're never going to win another election again. Can you hear the panic?

You can tell how desperate the media is to frame a narrative here when the Charlotte Observer is reporting on a small state house race in a state 1500 miles away.

Oh, I understood completely. They're done for. I mean, TWO state legislative seats. Can you believe it? TWO small state legislative districts?? They're never going to win another election again. Can you hear the panic?

Oh wait, since republicans lost are we now no longer saying its a big deal like we did a month or two ago? Did the rules change?

If not, then yeah, I hear the panic. Those were 2 seats held by republicans and lost. Take that capital L

SO WHAT!? They are STATE seats....not national,MAYBE that the GOP people that resigned were charged with some really bad crimes had an effect on the vote!

One was diddling a teenage boy
That's disgusting. On top of the fact like 2k people voted LOL

Oh wait, since republicans lost are we now no longer saying its a big deal like we did a month or two ago? Did the rules change?

If not, then yeah, I hear the panic. Those were 2 seats held by republicans and lost. Take that capital L
ALL 5 seats the GOP won were for US Congress not some tiny little state seat. Win a US Congress or US senate seat and THEN you would up there with the big boys...

House District 75 is home to 43k people.....12k people voted in 2016.....good god....that is PATHETIC. No wonder you idiots won....people just didn't give a shit. The dems HAD to get something to hang their hat on so I bet they had all kinds of get out the vote things done in the Mexican and Black neighborhoods,I guarantee less than 5k people voted!

Meanwhile the democrats are fighting to dismantle black districts as we speak In NC they claim that district 13 a district created to appease the democrats on black representation is being forced to be redone since it is such an obvious gerrymandered district.

Forum List

Back