OK, let's talk about the Syrian withdrawal

Here are the choices for US troop involvement in Syria:

1. Increase the number of US troops;
2. Leave the same number there; or
3. Pull them out.

I pick #3. We no longer need Mideast oil, and I don't like placing our troops in harm's way unless absolutely necessary. We have the economic and technological means of protecting our interests without using our troops as pawns in other people's conflicts.

As for the Kurds, some of them have helped us but others have been terrorists. Turkey knows that we can destroy its economy and kick it out of NATO if it starts massacring all of them. Besides, it is not our duty to police the rest of the world.

What say you?

Why are we defending the borders of other countries when our own are invaded like never seen before?

Too many swamp rats get their bread buttered by the MIC.
That's why the highest income earning zip codes in America surround the D.C. area.
As usual, just follow da' money $$$!!!

3. Pull them out.

I pick #3. We no longer need Mideast oil, and I don't like placing our troops in harm's way unless absolutely necessary. We have the economic and technological means of protecting our interests without using our troops as pawns in other people's conflicts.

As for the Kurds, some of them have helped us but others have been terrorists. Turkey knows that we can destroy its economy and kick it out of NATO if it starts massacring all of them. Besides, it is not our duty to police the rest of the world.

What say you?

Well, one of the problems with abandoning the Kurds is that in the future, alliances will be harder to make (especially if Trump is in charge), and other nations will be less likely to trust that we can hold up our end of the alliance. And, it's not everyone that says the Kurds are terrorists, just Turkey.

Personally? I think that bringing the troops back home is a great thing. However, there was very little thought or planning that went into the way Trump did it.
Remember when Russia was our ally? Sometimes you have to take what you can get. Doesn’t mean it stays that way forever.

3. Pull them out.

What say you?
One thing I’ve learned from all of this is the Syrian Kurds are nothing like the Iraqi Kurds. These aren’t the ones we need to defend.

Trump seems to understand the American people better than any politician in Washington.

Actually, Trump has exposed to the American people the non-representational self-enrichment paradigm of D.C. that most Americans are sick of!!!
Let Trump complete the turning over of tables in Washington.....4 more years.

never should've been there in the first place
Just saying we never should have been there is a cowardly cop-out. ISIS was an actual threat and needed to be dealt with. We sent men to fight those bastards with nary a whisper of protest in this country. Now all the sudden Trump has thrown the situation into greater turmoil that will cost many lives. Trump will own every atrocity that Turkey and their Al Qaeda militias visit upon the Kurds.

Just saying we never should have been there is a cowardly cop-out. ISIS was an actual threat and needed to be dealt with. We sent men to fight those bastards with nary a whisper of protest in this country. Now all the sudden Trump has thrown the situation into greater turmoil that will cost many lives. Trump will own every atrocity that Turkey and their Al Qaeda militias visit upon the Kurds.

Actually Russian air power killed more Isis than anyone!
Russia didn't care if Isis bitch wives and Isis bastard children got in the F'in way. They went ahead, rightfully so, and dropped their payloads.

I think that bringing the troops back home is a great thing. However, there was very little thought or planning that went into the way Trump did it.

So you agree with his action but don't like his style? :bigboy:

I like the idea of having our troops come home, but there also has to be plans in place so that the peace will be kept after we leave. It's useless to bring them out of the area if it's just gonna collapse and come under the rule of ISIL again.

Actually Russian air power killed more Isis than anyone!
Russia didn't care if Isis bitch wives and Isis bastard children got in the F'in way. They went ahead, rightfully so, and dropped their payloads.
Indiscriminate mass killing is what ISIS does, Why do you want to be like ISIS?

.you people keep proving you know nothing about history
.....the best way to keep America safe is to tighten border control/cut immigration/etc
..ISIS is not a big threat to the US
....it's like Vietnam--we should never have been there--learn some history

Forum List

Back