Ojai Earthquake

Early this morning there were 3 more jolts. I felt 2 of them, especially one at 0430 where some items fell in the kitchen and the windows rattled.
There are rumors floating around about the causes. Fracking. The epicenter is in the oilfields area off of SR150.
As far as I know, there aren't any oil fields off the 150. I worked that area as a TELCO tech and rode my Spyder up there pretty regularly. There were some oil seeps, but I never saw any grasshoppers. All the oil fields I knew about were on the 33/Ventura Avenue above Ventura before you got into the mountains surrounding Ojai. The terrain around where the quake happened is too mountainous for easy drilling when the Ventura River flats were so close.

As far as I know, there aren't any oil fields off the 150. I worked that area as a TELCO tech and rode my Spyder up there pretty regularly. There were some oil seeps, but I never saw any grasshoppers. All the oil fields I knew about were on the 33/Ventura Avenue above Ventura before you got into the mountains surrounding Ojai. The terrain around where the quake happened is too mountainous for easy drilling when the Ventura River flats were so close.
Union Oil punched it's 1st well there. The field is 8 miles long by 2 miles wide. It's the 8th biggest field in the State.

I would love it if California snapped off and slid off into the Pacific.
I was in LA 5 times this year. What a DUMP

Two books, same title:​

Book Overview​

In the early morning hours of April 18, 1906, San Francisco and its surrounding area were rocked by an earthquake that registered 8.25 on the Richter scale. Lasting just over a minute, the quake destroyed 490 city blocks, toppled 25,000 buildings, broke open gas mains and cut off electric power lines throughout the Bay Area. But the earthquake was just the beginning. In its wake, fires ravaged the city for three days, leaving chaos and horror behind. At least 450 people were killed, and more than 250,000 left homeless. In A Crack in the Edge of the World, the New York Times best-selling author of The Professor and the Madman and Krakatoa examines not only what happened in Northern California in 1906, but what has been learned since then about the cause of the earthquake. Simon Winchester, an Oxford-trained geologist, explores the impact of the 1906 earthquake from a historic and scientific point of view, and explains why this disaster is almost certain to happen again. Simon Winchester was a geologist at Oxford and worked in Africa and on offshore rigs before becoming a full-time, globe-trotting foreign correspondent and writer. He is the author of more than a dozen books, including Krakatoa, The Map That Changed the World, and The Professor and the Madman. "Here are not only the scientific, geological, human and political stories behind the San Francisco earthquake, but also a sense of scale and a lyrical vision of the earth]. Winchester's deeper message is of the interconnectedness of this fragile planet, suspended in the blackness of space, which rings like an immense brass bell when trauma strikes. Read it and shiver." -- Glasgow Herald This description may be from another edition of this product.

Maybe if you were buried in a cemetery in California you would enjoy your comment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back