Ohio public high school cancels (Islamic) Hijab Day; Tenured principal is unapologetic

It seems like our educators and politicians are going all out to condition us to be tolerant of Muslims. I think it might be a better idea for all kids to show up to school wearing crucifixes around their necks or yarmulkes on our heads to teach Muslims to be tolerant of Christians and Jews. It isn't the Judeo-Christian population that is strapping explosives to their chests and intolerantly blowing up non-believers.

An Ohio public high school tried to have its females students cover their faces with (Islamic) hijabs ("A covered girl challenge"). Parents caught wind of it and protested. The principal, Mindy McCarty-Stewart canceled it. This is apparently a snippet of a letter sent to parents:

The event was meant to combat stereotypes students may face when wearing head coverings, McCarty-Stewart wrote, but "as the event spread beyond our school community, however, we received many strong messages that made me reconsider the event's ability to meet its objectives.

"I now realize that as adults we should have given our students better guidance. After much consideration and after talking with the student event organizers, we have canceled the event."

Mrs. Stewart seems to state in the letter that the problem is not that the event would take place or that it was 'student led' but that it was "school sponsored":

The event was sponsored by MHS' Muslim Student Association, but an email promoting it came from MHS' Student Activities Department. In her letter, McCarty-Stewart said that should not have happened.

The event was student-led rather than school-sponsored, she said, adding that MHS will put policies in place to ensure further communication from the school email account is limited to school-sponsored events.

This reasoning is supported by district spokeswoman who actually claims that problem is that adults were too involved:

The event was sponsored by MHS' Muslim Student Association, but an email promoting it came from MHS' Student Activities Department. In her letter, McCarty-Stewart said that should not have happened.

The event was student-led rather than school-sponsored, she said, adding that MHS will put policies in place to ensure further communication from the school email account is limited to school-sponsored events.

Mason principal cancels Muslim event apologizes

Wouldn't want kids being able to experience other people's lives and seeing different points of view now, would we.

Education is EVIL I tell you. Get back to the farm and pick those carrots.

This coming from the guy who is no doubt against prayer in school? Be consistent, would ya.

Would it be a hate crime if a Christian girl ripped off her own hijab and stomped on it?

Good Lord. Cover You Face Day? LOL Who the fuck thought THAT was a good idea? smh

An Ohio public high school tried to have its females students cover their faces with (Islamic) hijabs ("A covered girl challenge"). Parents caught wind of it and protested. The principal, Mindy McCarty-Stewart canceled it. This is apparently a snippet of a letter sent to parents:

The event was meant to combat stereotypes students may face when wearing head coverings, McCarty-Stewart wrote, but "as the event spread beyond our school community, however, we received many strong messages that made me reconsider the event's ability to meet its objectives.

"I now realize that as adults we should have given our students better guidance. After much consideration and after talking with the student event organizers, we have canceled the event."

Mrs. Stewart seems to state in the letter that the problem is not that the event would take place or that it was 'student led' but that it was "school sponsored":

This reasoning is supported by district spokeswoman who actually claims that problem is that adults were too involved:

Wouldn't want kids being able to experience other people's lives and seeing different points of view now, would we.

This coming from the guy who is no doubt against prayer in school? Be consistent, would ya.

Oh, I am consistent.

I'm against prayer is school. I'm against all religion in schools which is people practicing their religion.

What I'm not against is learning about religion. I have no problem with kids learning what prayer is, learning how different religions do it. I wouldn't be against kids doing activities where they pretend to pray to different religious beliefs.

The kids weren't wearing a hijab in order to try and convert them to Islam.

What kind of feminist bitch uses 2 last names....

Great then they can take away their drivers licenses can't have a female driving. They also can not be unaccompanied so a male of their family has to go every where with them. No boy friend or its a stoning. They also won't be going to school that learning stuff is for males. If they are going to wear a hijab they might as well follow the culture.

What kind of feminist bitch uses 2 last names....

Actually, I don't have a problem with that. It's pretty fucking stupid when they make their kids have two last names though.

Oh, I am consistent.

I'm against prayer is school. I'm against all religion in schools which is people practicing their religion.

What I'm not against is learning about religion. I have no problem with kids learning what prayer is, learning how different religions do it. I wouldn't be against kids doing activities where they pretend to pray to different religious beliefs.

The kids weren't wearing a hijab in order to try and convert them to Islam.

They're indoctrinating kids via religious rites. You're fucking stupid if you call yourself consistent. And they're doing this to non members. You're for prohibiting others from engaging in their own self held religious beliefs in the case of prayer. There is absolutely no continuity to your standards. You're advocating one religion and suppressing another. You're pretty full of shit basically.

Forum List

Back