Ohio Governor tries to draw redistricting map that would cut away Jim Jordan's district

How? Populations are not evenly distributed.
Yes, and they may be changing over the years. And voting districts in big cities can't be the same as in sparely populated rural areas. The should be some criteria, I can't have an answer as for now.

Yes, and they may be changing over the years. And voting districts in big cities can't be the same as in sparely populated rural areas. The should be some criteria, I can't have an answer as for now.
so they should resist exit ever so often is what you are saying?

I never liked that DeWine twerp. He's obviously a GWB neocon who is hell bent on preserving this country for crooked globalist establishment types, not the people. Him and his two neocon asshole buddies couldn't shine Jim Jordan's shoes. Those three America last Republicans need to be replaced with three America first Republicans. Ohio deserves better than DeWine and these two neocon slugs.

sorry, typing on my phone

so, they should redistrict ever so often is what you are saying?
From time to time, yes. When some areas would have significant decline or rise in population over the time.

Gerrymandering is a form of political corruption which should be legally prohibited. The size and limits of voting districts should be standardised and put into law.
And only when it might benefit the GOP does anyone ever have a problem with it.

Funny that.

It's like the Filibuster. The DNC used it left and right when Trump was in power to thwart him, but once they got in power the Filibuster became Jim Crow overnight.

From time to time, yes. When some areas would have significant decline or rise in population over the time.
how about every ten years or so we take a count of the population…and then use that, to redraw the lines, then make it law…until we count again?

good luck with that. MAGA world will revolt

The seven-member commission tasked with drawing lines for state legislative districts includes five Republicans and two Democrats:

• Gov. Mike DeWine
  • Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose
  • Ohio Auditor Keith Faber
  • Senate President Matt Huffman, R-Lima
  • Sen. Vernon Sykes, D-Akron
  • House Speaker Bob Cupp, R-Lima
  • House Minority Leader Emilia Sykes, D-Akron
There's only 2 democrats on the commission. Not fair.

And only when it might benefit the GOP does anyone ever have a problem with it.

Funny that.

It's like the Filibuster. The DNC used it left and right when Trump was in power to thwart him, but once they got in power the Filibuster became Jim Crow overnight.
Actually, as I can understand from the OP, it can benefit the Dems now.

how about every ten years or so we take a count of the population…and then use that, to redraw the lines, then make it law…until we count again?
I think even that is too often. Every redrawing should be a case to case issue and happen only aglfter significant changes in population happened.

1. Erin Wagner - Republican 2. Cynthia Orton - Republican 3. Douglas James Clark - Republican 4. Rhonda Lange - Republican 5. M.C. Rothhorn - Democratic 6. Juanita Curry - Democratic 7. Dustin Joseph Witjes - Democratic 8. Brittni Kellom - Democratic 9. Janice Vallette – Neither major party 10. Rebecca Szetela – Neither major party 11. Richard Weiss – Neither major party 12. Steven Terry Lett – Neither major party 13. Anthony Eid – Neither major part

In MI. 4 and 4, the rest of neither major party. We voted in 2018, to not have the legislature drawing line due to the republican majority.

1. Erin Wagner - Republican 2. Cynthia Orton - Republican 3. Douglas James Clark - Republican 4. Rhonda Lange - Republican 5. M.C. Rothhorn - Democratic 6. Juanita Curry - Democratic 7. Dustin Joseph Witjes - Democratic 8. Brittni Kellom - Democratic 9. Janice Vallette – Neither major party 10. Rebecca Szetela – Neither major party 11. Richard Weiss – Neither major party 12. Steven Terry Lett – Neither major party 13. Anthony Eid – Neither major part

In MI. 4 and 4, the rest of neither major party. We voted in 2018, to not have the legislature drawing line due to the republican majority.
It won't make a difference for your views. Don't you get it? The Constitution was not designed for massive government, but to give us some rules. As a follow on form the Articles of Confederation which was much more freer, it incorporated a Central Government that could be corrupted though. And it was. Things will never get better...ever anymore. Its just who gets the grease for the squeaky wheel and who does not.

It won't make a difference for your views. Don't you get it? The Constitution was not designed for massive government, but to give us some rules. As a follow on form the Articles of Confederation which was much more freer, it incorporated a Central Government that could be corrupted though. And it was. Things will never get better...ever anymore. Its just who gets the grease for the squeaky wheel and who does not.
The population dummy, the more gov't the people need. Its the younger generation that matter most. Don't you get it, the progressives are more in charge.

I think even that is too often. Every redrawing should be a case to case issue and happen only aglfter significant changes in population happened.
well maybe the state doesn’t change anything after that every ten year count. Nobody is making them. Just a chance to check and see if the population changed

how often do you think we should check then? 20 years?

Forum List

Back