Ohio GOP Rep Troy Balderson: Biden's rush-to-green agenda pushing nation's electrical grid to the brink

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
We need to have an honest conversation about the important, unique roles natural gas and other energy sources play in meeting our baseload power generation needs. When green dreams jeopardize our ability to keep the lights on, it’s time to wake up!

We need to have an honest conversation about the important, unique roles natural gas and other energy sources play in meeting our baseload power generation needs. When green dreams jeopardize our ability to keep the lights on, it’s time to wake up!

What part of 30 years to transition are you not hearing?

Phase I, repair, replace and augment your infrastructure. Phase II increase power generation in green sector energy creation. Phase III decrease use of fossil fuels when sufficient green energy is available.

Ontario started building windmills throughout the province about 15 years ago. The liberal government set up a program which grossly overpaid for the power produced, and resulted in highest electric bills in North America.

15 years later, we have some of the cheapest electricity in North America, and lots of it. All of our fossil fuel plants have closed, and all but one of our nuclear plants too. We sell our excess power to New York State.

Local farmers have rented 5 acre parcels for windmills across the county, and getting $60,000 a year in rent. This has stabilized farm incomes and reduced borrowing for farmers.

The transition to green energy can be a win-win all across the country. Creating jobs, reducing energy costs. The big surprise was the reduction in emergency treatment for asthma and other respiratory illnesses impacted by pollution.

I’m asthmatic and I used to be in the emergency room three or four times during the summer on high pollution days. I haven’t had a single trip to emerg since the coal fired plants closed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back