Oh those evil corporations !

Its OK for churches to help poor people in the conservative mind but not for government to help them.

I have never understood why they make that distinction?

How they figure one social construct is good yet another is evil.

The only thing that seems to make sense is they want a certain level of humans in our society to be hungry and sick.

The church has NEVER in mans history been able to handle the problem of poverty.

Governments have historically done a better job at combating poverty.

What is their reasoning ?

it seems to me its political and not human concern driven.

I love how one day the Right is pointing out (with disgruntlement) that America's Poor are better off than the poor anywhere around the world (whether true or not is beside the point)

and then the next day the Right is ranting on how America's 20th century poverty programs have been a FAILURE.

Which is it? Which day is it I guess would answer that question...

How many of the 'poverty' programs have lifted people out of the given realms of 'poverty' that our government has arbitrarily labeled as such?? Have the numbers increased or decreased after these 'poverty' programs??

Yet, it was Big Banks, Hedge Fund Managers, Securities Companies, AIG, Wall Street,
and the government deregulation/lack of oversight of the aforementioned that caused
the worst recession since the great depression. If misguided mouthpieces like you
for the wealthy and big business continue to spew your bull, and the rest of us buy
into it again, America will just repeat the same failed trickle down mistake it
has since the Reagan Administration.

There is no difference to the recipients. Remember, this is CONSERVATIVE philosophy, not mine.

Conservatives generally believe that if you give people free stuff it will make them lazy and dependent. I'm sure of course there are some people who call themselves 'conservative' who are in the minority and think conservatives who believe the above are full of shit,

but I haven't encountered many.

No.... keeping people continually on a handout is one thing... leg up charities and temp assistance is quite another.... and emergency relief for a disaster is yet another

Conservatives are more generally against the welfare state thru governmental redistribution from contributors to non-contributors... not voluntary donations in times of immediate need

So like I said, you'd like the U.S. to be more like Africa in a general sense, i.e., in the sense where the poor get nothing from the government.

Like I keep saying and no one can refute - Conservative economic policy is dedicated to the principle of widening the gap between rich and poor in the U.S.,

by eliminating every government action that in any way lessens that gap.

Nice try... please show any quote where I said such a thing in any way referring to some standard you associate with Africa... I wish America to be as it was set up to be... a land where freedom is at the core of the society, not dependence and not some bullshit mantra of trying to equalize outcome based on some subjective bullshit 'feeling' pf 'fairness'

What I have said is that government is not supposed to be in the business of wealth redistribution from contributors to non-contributors... nor is it supposed to be the caretaker of those who will not do for themselves...

You assert your ASSumption on conservative 'economic policy' as if it is fact... and because it is your assertion, it is inherently refuted.... having the freedom to succeed or fail on your own accord is not a dedication to widening any gap, you imbecilic fool

Its OK for churches to help poor people in the conservative mind but not for government to help them.

The only thing that seems to make sense is they want a certain level of humans in our society to be hungry and sick.

The church has NEVER in mans history been able to handle the problem of poverty.

I love how one day the Right is pointing out (with disgruntlement) that America's Poor are better off than the poor anywhere around the world (whether true or not is beside the point)

and then the next day the Right is ranting on how America's 20th century poverty programs have been a FAILURE.

Which is it? Which day is it I guess would answer that question...

Pretty much.

It works and they dont like it.

they seem to think America would be better if our Poor people were poorer than other countrys poor.

Hungry, poorly housed children become sick.

They then grow up to be sickly adults with a lower IQ.

These people are then a further strain on our society.

Now even if you dont give a crap about human suffering and look at it from a dollar perspective its money well spent.

More productive adults who are a smaller drain on your healthcare system or adults who are capable of less productivity who are a larger drain on our entire system.

No logic permeates their emotional stance on this subject.

I just wish their emotional stance included the emotion of compassion.

Yet, it was Big Banks, Hedge Fund Managers, Securities Companies, AIG, Wall Street,
and the government deregulation/lack of oversight of the aforementioned that caused
the worst recession since the great depression. If misguided mouthpieces like you
for the wealthy and big business continue to spew your bull, and the rest of us buy

Have you ever thought that over regulation kills an economy? I didn't think so.

Deregulation didn't chase corporations over seas.

Have you ever thought that over regulation kills an economy? I didn't think so.

Yes it does.

Now provide the exact regulations you claim are stifling the economy and lets discuss them.

No blanket statements.

The very regulations you claim are harnful mmmkay?

Conservatives still want some government programs.
The complaint cons have about welfare, is giving government checks out to them from generation to generation.
Conservatives want the help them, but not to keep them on government assistance.
Conservatives want to help them from month to month, till they can help themselves and to help them get an education, so that they can find a job but not continually keep giving out checks.

First, people who live in (what we call) poverty in America are fairly well off, compared to the poor in other countries. Second, decades of government intervention has only made the problem worse. Trillions of tax dollars have been spent fighting poverty, but instead of encouraging people to get jobs and get themselves out of a financial rut, the welfare system creates conditions favorable to pregnancy, childbirth and illegitimacy. The "safety net" has become a hammock for the laziest people in our society.

Please notice, if you will, that the cities which have the greatest difficulty with homeless bums and panhandlers are the cities where liberal politicians are in control.

Trillions of dollars have been spent on Lyndon Johnson's "War on Poverty" We have spent around 5 trillion since his war on poverty and the numbers of the poor have pretty much remained around the same amount.

For starters, TM. I hope this is concise enough for you. If I though about it a little more, I'm sure I could come up with several more, but.......

Obamacare
Price fixing of debit cards
Energy
Oil drilling

For starters, TM. I hope this is concise enough for you. If I though about it a little more, I'm sure I could come up with several more, but.......

Obamacare
Energy
Oil drilling

I dont see one single LAW we can discuss.

Those who have been spouting how evil corporations are and they don't pay their fair share in taxes, should be very upset about what these three are doing.

Advil Labs and Proctor & Gamble, along with FedEx, are volunteering their time and money in order to help people who can't get their meds because of hurricane Irene.
They will be delivering Ice as well as meds that need refrigeration. Plus all medication that people may not be able to get after the hurricane.

Those "evil" SOB's how dare they help anyone or create jobs for anyone either.:lol:

Shareholders don't give money to companies?? Hmmm.. Methinks you don't understand how investing works...

Initially, people who want to become shareholders give money to underwriters, who take a cut, and then pass it on to the corporation. After that, generally, most new shareholder will be simply buying shares off of other shareholders. Sometimes companies will issue more stock, but the vast majority of all stock that is bought on a day to day basis involves shareholders giving money to other shareholders.

At any rate, the money isn't simply "given" as that implies no expectation of return. It is exchanged for equity. The only money that is being "given" with no expectation of anything in return is from the corporation to its shareholders, in the form of dividends.

You're soooooo far off base on this one, it's laughable... and being an ignorant winger, you won't simply walk away from a lost argument

Sorry but shareholders don't pay dividends to corporations, that's not how it works.

Last edited:

Obamacare
Energy
Oil drilling

I dont see one single LAW we can discuss.

Obamacare (a.k.a. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) is not a law now?

Cool.

Ok now maybe you get it.

There is no such thing as OBAMA care.

Now lets discuss PPACA.

what part of it is the problem and why?

Forum List

Back