Oh those evil corporations !

Those who have been spouting how evil corporations are and they don't pay their fair share in taxes, should be very upset about what these three are doing.

Advil Labs and Proctor & Gamble, along with FedEx, are volunteering their time and money in order to help people who can't get their meds because of hurricane Irene.
They will be delivering Ice as well as meds that need refrigeration. Plus all medication that people may not be able to get after the hurricane.

and you don't think they will write that off on their taxes?

Those who have been spouting how evil corporations are and they don't pay their fair share in taxes, should be very upset about what these three are doing.

Advil Labs and Proctor & Gamble, along with FedEx, are volunteering their time and money in order to help people who can't get their meds because of hurricane Irene.
They will be delivering Ice as well as meds that need refrigeration. Plus all medication that people may not be able to get after the hurricane.

Why shouldn't they?? It's not a tax reduction, it's a cost deduction that may or may not reduce their tax liability. But is is good advertising.

So they're giving free healthcare handouts to people without making them pay for them?

I thought that just encouraged laziness and dependence.

Voluntary donations direct from the source for an emergency situation... not thru involuntary contribution and redistribution... slightly different, unless you are a hyper-partisan hack who does not want to see the difference

Bullshit! You think 100% of the shareholders of that corporation want to hand out shit for free? The ones that are against it are having their capital spent on something they don't want it spent on BY FORCE!

Then what about the free drug programs that pharmaceutical companies are running.
It is not against the shareholders because they have to vote on these programs.

Patient assistance programs are run by pharmaceutical companies to provide free
medications to people who cannot afford to buy their medicine.

Why shouldn't they?? It's not a tax reduction, it's a cost deduction that may or may not reduce their tax liability. But is is good advertising.

In reality its more of a capital investment. Having people sympathetic to your profit making activities is worth money. Like any capital investment, it depreciates over time, but the effects of it can last years.

So they're giving free healthcare handouts to people without making them pay for them?

Voluntary donations direct from the source for an emergency situation... not thru involuntary contribution and redistribution... slightly different, unless you are a hyper-partisan hack who does not want to see the difference

Bullshit! You think 100% of the shareholders of that corporation want to hand out shit for free? The ones that are against it are having their capital spent on something they don't want it spent on BY FORCE!

Do you think 100% of the shareholders have a choice whether to invest in that company or not?? Do 100% of the shareholders have the right to not give to that company if they don't like the practice?? Do 100% of the customers have the freedom to not do business with that company if they don't like those actions??

Go home son

why do you do this?

Why do you pretend we are saying something other than what we are saying?

I have said MANY a time that there are people running corporations in decent ways.

Ones who have even asked for their own taxes to be raised to help their fellow countrymen.

Those are the ones you often spew hate on when we mention them.

Go google Responsible Wealth.

I have linked to them before.

Corporations have only one goal, to make profit.

How decently they do this is dependant on the people running them.

Most people are mostly good.

Some people are wonderful and a few are complete rat bastards.

In the corporate world where you have only one goal which is to make profit it is easy for a complete rat bastard to rise to the top because they will do ANYTHING to see that profit increase.

A mostly good or wonderful person WONT do ANYTHING for profit and will at times forgo profit to help human beings.

That is why you have regulations.

To give the mostly good and wonderful people a chance to compete with the complete rat bastards.

You just want to pretend like some simp that all CEOs are wonderful people.

That is not the reality of the world.

Last edited:

Do you think 100% of the shareholders have a choice whether to invest in that company or not??
Once the money is allocated for those expenses its too late - the cost is already figured into the price of the stock.
Do 100% of the shareholders have the right to not give to that company if they don't like the practice??
Shareholders don't give money to companies. Companies give money to shareholders. Its the other way around.
Do 100% of the customers have the freedom to not do business with that company if they don't like those actions??
Yes. What's your point?

What's the matter? You don't like hearing about the good things that corporations do?
How quickly they forget about the awful things they have said about corporations.

And STILL ANOTHER strawman bites the dust!

Way to go Peach!

You clearly have never invented a straw man you could not defeat.

Do you think 100% of the shareholders have a choice whether to invest in that company or not??
Once the money is allocated for those expenses its too late - the cost is already figured into the price of the stock.
Do 100% of the shareholders have the right to not give to that company if they don't like the practice??
Shareholders don't give money to companies. Companies give money to shareholders. Its the other way around.
Do 100% of the customers have the freedom to not do business with that company if they don't like those actions??
Yes. What's your point?

Shareholders don't give money to companies?? Hmmm.. Methinks you don't understand how investing works...

You're soooooo far off base on this one, it's laughable... and being an ignorant winger, you won't simply walk away from a lost argument

There is no difference to the recipients. Remember, this is CONSERVATIVE philosophy, not mine.

Conservatives generally believe that if you give people free stuff it will make them lazy and dependent. I'm sure of course there are some people who call themselves 'conservative' who are in the minority and think conservatives who believe the above are full of shit,

but I haven't encountered many.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. It's not slightly different.

It's drastically different.

;)

It's not at all different. If you believe that handouts make people lazy and dependent, it doesn't matter whether the handouts are voluntary or not.

There is no difference to the recipients. Remember, this is CONSERVATIVE philosophy, not mine.

Conservatives generally believe that if you give people free stuff it will make them lazy and dependent. I'm sure of course there are some people who call themselves 'conservative' who are in the minority and think conservatives who believe the above are full of shit,

No.... keeping people continually on a handout is one thing... leg up charities and temp assistance is quite another.... and emergency relief for a disaster is yet another

Conservatives are more generally against the welfare state thru governmental redistribution from contributors to non-contributors... not voluntary donations in times of immediate need

You obviously don't know the difference between handup and handouts.
They are giving a handup (temporary assistance)
Handouts (continually giving out free monthly assistance),which causes dependence.

Then we should simply end ALL programs that help the poor. Then we can be like Africa, where the poor get little or no help,

and, as a consequence, there are hardly any poor people there at all!!

Its OK for churches to help poor people in the conservative mind but not for government to help them.

I have never understood why they make that distinction?

How they figure one social construct is good yet another is evil.

The only thing that seems to make sense is they want a certain level of humans in our society to be hungry and sick.

The church has NEVER in mans history been able to handle the problem of poverty.

Governments have historically done a better job at combating poverty.

What is their reasoning ?

it seems to me its political and not human concern driven.

Last edited:

No.... keeping people continually on a handout is one thing... leg up charities and temp assistance is quite another.... and emergency relief for a disaster is yet another

Conservatives are more generally against the welfare state thru governmental redistribution from contributors to non-contributors... not voluntary donations in times of immediate need

So like I said, you'd like the U.S. to be more like Africa in a general sense, i.e., in the sense where the poor get nothing from the government.

Like I keep saying and no one can refute - Conservative economic policy is dedicated to the principle of widening the gap between rich and poor in the U.S.,

by eliminating every government action that in any way lessens that gap.

Its OK for churches to help poor people in the conservative mind but not for government to help them.

The only thing that seems to make sense is they want a certain level of humans in our society to be hungry and sick.

The church has NEVER in mans history been able to handle the problem of poverty.

And church handouts aren't temporary 'hand ups' either, as some cons here are desperately trying to use as the distinction.

I love how one day the Right is pointing out (with disgruntlement) that America's Poor are better off than the poor anywhere around the world (whether true or not is beside the point)

and then the next day the Right is ranting on how America's 20th century poverty programs have been a FAILURE.

Which is it? Which day is it I guess would answer that question...

Forum List

Back