Oh, The Idiots They Turn Out

Discussion in 'Education' started by Billy_Kinetta, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,435
    That's why frequent review is so important.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Admiral Rockwell Tory Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,148

All that does is prove you don't know anything about education. No big surprise to anyone who has read your tripe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Admiral Rockwell Tory Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,148
    I pray your wife is smarter than you.

4. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,255
    I have more degrees than she does, but she is by far the smarter of the two.

She'll probably see this. :71:

5. oldsoul

oldsoul Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,329
    What I find quite troubling is the fact that someone would accuse another of being utterly clueless, when they make such an asinine claim as suggesting that the SCOTUS governs anything bigger than their own schedule. They are part of government to be sure, however their role is to rule on the constitutionality of what the rest of the government does. The moment they started "legislating from the bench", they started to delegitimize themselves, and bastardise their role. This is a "mistake" that any high school civics 101 "graduate" should be ashamed to make. Heck, I knew this well by the time I was done with 5th grade.

That said, yes it is deeply troubling that our society is so out of touch with those who are at the top of our government. However, in the "information age" the details, such as who sits on the bench, have been relegated to unnecessary to retain in instant recall memory. Nearly everyone carries with them access to the sum total of every known fact in human history. It's called a "smart phone". By the time someone names all nine from memory, I could have the names and brief biography of the entire court, as well as their complete record. So, why would it matter if I could name even one? Would it not be far more important for me to understand how the court works and why? Of course, I doubt the education system is doing much better in teaching that either... But, there is hope. "This translates to over 40,000 search queries that Google processes every second on average, over 3.5 billion searches per day, and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide as listed by Internet Live Stats." how many google searches per day 2018 - Google Search
    I doubt they are all about what the Kardashians are up to today...