Oh - sure! Let's eliminate the borders w/ Mexico!

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Drug cartel targets agents

By Jerry Seper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A band of Mexican army deserters that smuggles illicit drugs into the United States across the southern Texas border has offered bounties of up to $50,000 for the assassination of U.S. Border Patrol agents and state and local police officers, U.S. law-enforcement authorities said.
The gang, known as the "Zetas" or the "Z's," is suspected in nearly 90 deaths of rival gang members in the past two years as part of a violent drug war to control trafficking across the Mexico-Texas border. Members use their military training and stolen equipment, including high-powered weapons, to fight competing organizations.
Law-enforcement authorities said the gang is targeting border agents and police and Mexican military and law-enforcement personnel.
"They are extremely violent, and they are very much feared in the region because of the bloodshed they unleash," Jose Santiago Vasconcelos, Mexico's top anti-drug prosecutor, said recently.
The leaders of the Zetas have been identified by Mexican authorities as former members of an elite paratroop and intelligence battalion known as the Special Air Mobile Force Group, which formerly was assigned to the border state of Tamaulipas — along southern Texas — to fight drug traffickers.
They abandoned the Mexican military in 1991, first protecting drug smugglers for Mexico's infamous Gulf cartel and later establishing their own trafficking routes into the United States. A force of about 30 former members of the group are thought to be involved.
Mexican authorities said dozens of rival gang members have been killed on the streets of Nuevo Lareda, just south of Laredo, Texas. Many of them were ambushed with assault rifles, and others were killed in drive-by shootings.
U.S. law-enforcement authorities said the Zetas have offered bounties of between $30,000 and $50,000 for the killing of border agents and state and local officers.
Fourteen suspected members of the Zetas, including a reputed gang leader, Rogelio Gonzalez Pizana, also known as "El Kelin," have been ordered to stand trial in Mexico City on organized-crime, money-laundering and weapons-possession charges.
They were arrested after an Oct. 29 shootout in Matamoros, Mexico, as part of an investigation by the Mexico Attorney General's Office known as "Operation Corsorio." Mexican authorities have increased their presence significantly in Tamaulipas in a law-enforcement showdown aimed at the Zetas gang.
Accused of overseeing cocaine shipments for reputed Mexican drug lord Osiel Cardenas, who headed the Gulf cartel, Zetas' leader Gonzalez Pizana also is wanted in the United States on drug-smuggling charges.
Pizana is accused of taking part in the 1999 detention of two U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents, who were surrounded on a Matamoros street by heavily armed members of Cardenas' drug gang — some wearing Mexican police uniforms. At the time, the DEA agents were transporting an informant, authorities said, and Cardenas, who was among those who stopped the agents, demanded they hand over the informant for execution.
"This is my territory," he was quoted as telling the agents. "You can't control it."
The DEA agents refused to hand over the informant and drove off, after telling Cardenas that it would be a bad idea to kill U.S. federal agents.
During the Matamoros incident, Mexican police said Pizana was meeting with gang members at a bar when Mexican police raided the place, acting on a tip. A number of hand grenades were tossed at the police, who also came under fire from assault rifles. One Mexican federal agent and two suspected gang members died in the predawn shootout.
Mexican authorities seized grenades, assault rifles and a dozen rocket-propelled grenades and a grenade launcher.
The suspected gang members are being held at the maximum-security La Palma prison just west of Mexico City pending trial. Cardenas was arrested last year by Mexican authorities and is awaiting trial.

Link: http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041125-011203-8282r.htm

Patriot said:
I am all for putting land mines on the borders.

Well, maybe not that radical, but enforce them better, please Mr. Bush.

P.S. I used to say stuff like the quotes from Patriot and Insein...until I actually went to Ciudad Juarez last week and saw a young mom, sick with some weird diease living in a house made of torn blankets and tires and her kids were outside peeing on the ground. What made it worse was that if you looked to the northeast you could see El Paso's lights easily from that area. I wonder how many illegals are drug dealers and how many are just desperate families. (I'd be sneaking across too if I was them, ya know. To hell with a law and border agents if you have sick kids, no shelter and no clothes, right?)

insein said:
if we would just annex mexico and make it a state we could end this madness and go down there and police that shithole.

they have oil......cool ruins....nice beaches....fish tacos....cheap labor....they would be another blue state of that i am pretty sure

TheEnemyWithin said:
Well, maybe not that radical, but enforce them better, please Mr. Bush.

P.S. I used to say stuff like the quotes from Patriot and Insein...until I actually went to Ciudad Juarez last week and saw a young mom, sick with some weird diease living in a house made of torn blankets and tires and her kids were outside peeing on the ground. What made it worse was that if you looked to the northeast you could see El Paso's lights easily from that area. I wonder how many illegals are drug dealers and how many are just desperate families. (I'd be sneaking across too if I was them, ya know. To hell with a law and border agents if you have sick kids, no shelter and no clothes, right?)

Nothing wrong with feeling empathy for them. But how many hours of work, sweat and blood are you willing to give up for their plight? How much are you willing to give up before your own needs or that of your family are finally taken care of?

manu1959 said:
they have oil......cool ruins....nice beaches....fish tacos....cheap labor....they would be another blue state of that i am pretty sure

Unmistakeably they would! That and their welfare mentality would bleed us dry!

TheEnemyWithin said:

Well hurray for you and for them... Ya know, people here in the USA used to live like that as well - but we progressed - they need to do the same.

But I know you'll say "But they live under a repressive government" - so did our founding fathers initially - so what'd we do? We FOUGHT BACK, which is exactly what the people of Mexico need to do if they ever hope of improving the lives of future generations. They need to stop sucking the teat of America, look to themselves and do their own revolutionary war.

-Cp said:
Well hurray for you and for them... Ya know, people here in the USA used to live like that as well - but we progressed - they need to do the same.

But I know you'll say "But they live under a repressive government" - so did our founding fathers initially - so what'd we do? We FOUGHT BACK, which is exactly what the people of Mexico need to do if they ever hope of improving the lives of future generations. They need to stop sucking the teat of America, look to themselves and do their own revolutionary war.

Yeah you're right...they've been under several dictatorships and we've only had one, :69: 1992-2000. :beer: :finger3:

manu1959 said:

Not so sure. While the illegals get most of the pub, their are thousands of mexicans that enter this country legally every year and contribute a positive output. Many come here just wanting a better life and to work their way up. Even most of the illegals want to come here to work. We make mexico a state and it saves them the trip. Saves us the money policing a huge land border. Allows us to bring in much more revenue in taxes from the millions of new citizens we'd take on. Polices that whole area that is mostly run by drug cartels anyway.

Itll never happen but its a damn good idea.

Forum List

Back