'Oh, sorry you lost your baby': Women share 'appalling' stories of miscarriage treatment in Canada

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I know how willing citizens are to ruin others and how smug they are in doing so to ensure their career in government. The fake smile and self righteous belief in our moral superiority and "niceness". It's broadly B.S.

Do NOT become like us. We are not like you.

Despite well-meaning “we’re here for you” messages of support to American women following the U.S. Supreme Court’s abortion ruling, Canadians shouldn’t feel overconfident about how pregnant women are cared for in this country, says emergency doctor Catherine Varner.

Canada isn’t on the cusp of criminalizing abortion, but neither should we be “smug when we compare ourselves to our southern neighbors,” particularly when it involves women who lose wanted pregnancies, Varner wrote for the healthydebate.ca website.

“The experiences in our health-care system of miscarriage — the most frequent complication of early pregnancy, affecting one in five pregnancies — suggest reproductive health is, at best, off the radar of Canadian health policy decision-makers and, at worst, intentionally neglected,” Varner, a pregnancy researcher and clinician scientist at Toronto’s Mount Sinai Hospital wrote.

Women going through the anguish of a miscarriage have shared “unbelievable” at times “appalling” stories about the care they received in emergency departments, Varner said in an interview.

Women have reported being sent home with little to no information about what to expect, the assumption being that things were “over” once they left the hospital. “Forget about the bleeding now,” one woman remembered a doctor telling her. “You will be fine …. We fixed you.”

Instead, “some pregnant patients describe going home only to unexpectedly pass a recognizable fetus into the toilet amidst enormous amounts of bleeding and pain,” Varner wrote.

Canada's infant mortality rate is far superior to America's.

Once again the facts speak adequately against your obsession with authority, due to your own criminal behaviour.
Keep the cards and letters coming.

Canada's infant mortality rate is far superior to America's.

Once again the facts speak adequately against your obsession with authority, due to your own criminal behaviour.
Keep the cards and letters coming.

First, it has nothing to do with me or the illegal persecution against me designed to strip me of my dignity and self determination. Rest assured, daily I spread my experience with Americans, Europeans, Asians and others.

Second, what does this have to do with the price of tea in China? These are real experiences of Canadian women, as is the experience of shutting down ER in some hospitals in Ontario. Want more? Toronto just announced they can't fulfill vital emergency city projects since they have no money (maybe look at the #1 item by far in the budget...the Toronto Police?).

Third, I hope no one falls for your efforts to deflect and slander. Their politicians and institutions have heard from me. I tried to avoid exposing Canadian police methods that are a National Security threat to Canada AND America, they didn't want to leave me alone.

Cuba's infant mortality rate is superior to America's too.
Infant morality is from birth to about 1 year old. Has nothing to do with a miscarriage you idiot. And only a super idiot would mention Cuba, where nobody moves to, relative to any sort of reliable stats. Cuba has virtually no healthcare for it's citizens.....oh but it's free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how willing citizens are to ruin others and how smug they are in doing so to ensure their career in government. The fake smile and self righteous belief in our moral superiority and "niceness". It's broadly B.S.

Do NOT become like us. We are not like you.

Despite well-meaning “we’re here for you” messages of support to American women following the U.S. Supreme Court’s abortion ruling, Canadians shouldn’t feel overconfident about how pregnant women are cared for in this country, says emergency doctor Catherine Varner.

Canada isn’t on the cusp of criminalizing abortion, but neither should we be “smug when we compare ourselves to our southern neighbors,” particularly when it involves women who lose wanted pregnancies, Varner wrote for the healthydebate.ca website.

“The experiences in our health-care system of miscarriage — the most frequent complication of early pregnancy, affecting one in five pregnancies — suggest reproductive health is, at best, off the radar of Canadian health policy decision-makers and, at worst, intentionally neglected,” Varner, a pregnancy researcher and clinician scientist at Toronto’s Mount Sinai Hospital wrote.

Women going through the anguish of a miscarriage have shared “unbelievable” at times “appalling” stories about the care they received in emergency departments, Varner said in an interview.

Women have reported being sent home with little to no information about what to expect, the assumption being that things were “over” once they left the hospital. “Forget about the bleeding now,” one woman remembered a doctor telling her. “You will be fine …. We fixed you.”

Instead, “some pregnant patients describe going home only to unexpectedly pass a recognizable fetus into the toilet amidst enormous amounts of bleeding and pain,” Varner wrote.

Well at least we get care for miscarriages. American doctors in states which have banned abortion are now afraid to give ANY care to women having miscarriages for fear of being arrested for assisting in an abortion.

Forum List

Back