Oh No! Ron DeSantis Is The New Ronald Reagan. You Have To Feel Sorry For Trump. What's He Gonna Do?

So, as the New Ronald Reagan, does that mean if he becomes POTUS he will come close to tripling the national debt like the old Reagan did?

Do you remember the social programs going into overdrive back then also? So, you remember the massive amount of federal taxes paid as the stagflation of the 1970's caused by LBJ destroyed people? State and local taxes rose massively also in all ways. We started to abuse the Fiat Currency back then. And Biden was there from its inception.

DeSantis is likely to get the boot because everyone BUT conservatives are anointing him. DeSantis needs to earn his place, and beating that washed up has been Crist really isn't enough.
Right TRUMP supports like him because he's confrontational. I don't follow why people think it's bad for TRUMP to do these things in public but have no issues with DeSantis doing the same thing in private.

Is DeSantis really going to abandon FL and start campaigning for President after winning re-election?

He’s only 44 years old. He’s got plenty of time to run after being FL gov until his term limit.
Like it or not, that's the nature of politics and running for office. Even if he runs and wins the presidency, he will still be governor of FL for two more years. We need a DeSantis as president, not a Biden or Clinton.

DeSantis is likely to get the boot because everyone BUT conservatives are anointing him. DeSantis needs to earn his place, and beating that washed up has been Crist really isn't enough.
I live in Florida with DeSantis as my Governor. In my opinion he has done such an outstanding job as to have “earned his place” as you suggest.

He is a fighter like Trump without all the baggage. He doesn’t waste time fighting everybody who says negative things about him so he is far less obnoxious. He is a military vet and was in Iraq. He is married to a very attractive and intelligent woman and has three small children.

The fact that Trump didn’t act like a President bothered a lot of voters. That will nit be a problem with DeSantis.

I live in Florida with DeSantis as my Governor. In my opinion he has done such an outstanding job as to have “earned his place” as you suggest.

He is a fighter like Trump without all the baggage. He doesn’t waste time fighting everybody who says negative things about him so he is far less obnoxious. He is a military vet and was in Iraq. He is married to a very attractive and intelligent woman and has three small children.

The fact that Trump didn’t act like a President bothered a lot of voters. That will nit be a problem with DeSantis.
You live there, you see him totally differently than an outsider should. I'm the one he has to convince, not his current constituents. That's the whole point. Personally I'm not sure how much I'd support him if he ran in 2024, not even bothering to finish out the term he was just elected for, that seems irresponsible. Secondly, that whole shipping folks to Martha's Vineyard looked and felt like a cheap gimmick. If he goes to the Never Trump club, he'll lose more support than he gains, those scumbags wanted to hand the courts to Hillary, and we'll never forgive or forget that.

You live there, you see him totally differently than an outsider should. I'm the one he has to convince, not his current constituents. That's the whole point. Personally I'm not sure how much I'd support him if he ran in 2024, not even bothering to finish out the term he was just elected for, that seems irresponsible. Secondly, that whole shipping folks to Martha's Vineyard looked and felt like a cheap gimmick. If he goes to the Never Trump club, he'll lose more support than he gains, those scumbags wanted to hand the courts to Hillary, and we'll never forgive or forget that.
I don’t see DeSantis moving to the no Trump group as he likes to fight the establishment like Trump.

He may decide to just address the issues and ignore Trump‘s insults or to just laugh at the insults.

Like it or not, that's the nature of politics and running for office. Even if he runs and wins the presidency, he will still be governor of FL for two more years. We need a DeSantis as president, not a Biden or Clinton.
What we need is what we never will get. Everything is getting worse, not better, and the people voted in still haven't made it better. Why do we get such candidates to pick from? None truly great, and we would choose who we think would not be worse to have.

What we need is what we never will get. Everything is getting worse, not better, and the people voted in still haven't made it better. Why do we get such candidates to pick from? None truly great, and we would choose who we think would not be worse to have.
Some person from Britain made a statement on this. There are good men and women who do not run because the Political game is vicious and destroys individuals. There are good men and women who run and win but many become disillusioned after a while or are coerced a bit. Politics was probably never for the feint hearted. However, there seems to be a controlling force in the shadows that manipulate the elected.

^^^^^
Like it or not once elected politicians have to play a deal trading game -- "you scratch my back and I will scratch your back". As such, It is difficult for people that stand firm in their principles to survive in politics for very long.

Donald Trump has been "The Donald Trump Of The Republican Party for over six years now. Then comes Ron DeSantis. This is just like when Hulk Hogan ran the show until Steve Austin came one to the scene in the WWE.
He knows better not to make fun of him, critisize, ect. Conservatives wont go for that. And you know thats what you will hear on conservative radio and most cable news shows for a while.
What could really hurt The Donald come the early weeks into primary time is the number of republicans running for President. the more, then the less chance for Donald to win the first few. But it's gonna be a fun two years watching these two battle it to the end.
Ha ha.
Hopefuily not. Reagan set the economy back 20 years. The year of huge deficits and a recession pops up with every gop president since. It’s hilarious how you could lord over such an incompetent.

^^^^^
Like it or not once elected politicians have to play a deal trading game -- "you scratch my back and I will scratch your back". As such, It is difficult for people that stand firm in their principles to survive in politics for very long.
Yup, repugnants lead the league playing that game.

Forum List

Back