Oh, Look! Another Crooked Republican Congressman!

This is the same tough guy that threatened a reported.
He "never met a tax he didn't lie to evade," U.S. Attorney Loretta E. Lynch told reporters in New York.

If this had been a Dem, Political Chic would have had one of her rambling 20 paragraph essays on how corrupt Dems are because Roosevelt and Stalin were best friends.........

But it makes for a great fictional babble now doesn't it? She lives somewhere ....out there.

If this had been a Dem, Political Chic would have had one of her rambling 20 paragraph essays on how corrupt Dems are because Roosevelt and Stalin were best friends.........

At the rate they're falling will there be any seats left to run for in November?

(In case you were wondering, this is the same goon who threatened to throw a reporter over a balcony a month or so ago. Now we know why!)

Rep. Michael G. Grimm is expected to be indicted on federal charges in New York, his attorney and a source familiar with the case confirmed to CQ Roll Call.

“After more than two years of investigation plagued by malicious leaks, violations of grand jury secrecy, and strong-arm tactics, the U.S. Attorney’s Office has disclosed its intent to file criminal charges against Congressman Grimm,” said Grimm’s attorney, William McGinley of Patton Boggs LLP, in an emailed statement.

The New York Times reported a source said charges will include mail fraud and wire fraud and focus on his conduct in connection with a health food restaurant he owned on the Upper East Side of Manhattan after he left the Federal Bureau of Investigation in 2006. A source familiar with the case confirmed that to CQ Roll Call, and said tax-related charges are also expected to be filed by the U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of New York, Loretta E. Lynch.

“We are disappointed by the government’s decision, but hardly surprised,” McGinley said. “From the beginning, the government has pursued a politically driven vendetta against Congressman Grimm and not an independent search for the truth. Congressman Grimm asserts his innocence of any wrongdoing. When the dust settles, he will be vindicated. Until then, he will continue to serve his constituents with the same dedication and tenacity that has characterized his lifetime of public service as a Member of Congress, Marine Corps combat veteran, and decorated FBI Special Agent.”

The indictment of the New York Republican would come nearly two years after the Justice Department first launched a formal investigation into Grimm’s campaign finances. It began the summer of 2012, several months after revelations first surfaced in a New York Times article that the lawmaker, then a freshman, might have bolstered his first bid for congressional office by filing erroneous campaign finance reports and offering to help get a green card for a non-citizen on condition that the individual help raise money on Grimm’s behalf.

I believe that Grimm is the same Republican Congressman who threatened to throw a reporter off a balcony a few months back.

He is. I wonder if he thought he was above the law before he got elected, or if this is something new.

NEW YORK — A 20-count indictment unsealed Monday charged Rep. Michael Grimm, R-N.Y.,with an alleged tax evasion scheme involving the concealment of more than $1 million in receipts from his New York restaurant where he employed an undisclosed number of undocumented immigrants.

Grimm surrendered to federal authorities Monday and pleaded not guilty to charges of conspiracy, obstruction, mail fraud and perjury related to the alleged scheme involving his fast-food restaurant Healthalicious. But he said he would not resign his seat in Congress.

"In total, Grimm concealed over $1 million in Healthalicious gross receipts alone, as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars of employees' wages, fraudulently depriving the federal and New York state governments of sales, income and payroll taxes,'' court documents state.

From 2007 to 2010, according to the court documents, Grimm also "intentionally'' hired undocumented immigrants and engaged "in a pattern and practice of such hiring and continued employment.''

Rep. Grimm charged with tax fraud, says he won't quit

Ouch.

Rep. Grimm charged with tax fraud; says he won't quit

BUT he won't step down. What. Seriously?? Is he going to govern from behind bars?

They do that kind of thing. The Republican party will ignore him but he will pretty much be behind bars, alleged bars, before he steps down.

Nice try,but most likely not,one thing the Repubs do is weed out the undesirable fairly fast.Now if he was a Dem,he would get elected to a higher office and praised.

Jefferson is a fine example,they had the cash from his freezer,and yet not one call for him to step down,he had to lose his next election for us to be free of him,There is a certain congressman from NY that has had a few Tax problems and campaign funding issues ,he is still here,and is in a leadership position.

The dems will protect and deflect,but cry like school girls when it someone from the "other side"

If he is in fact guilty of this charge's then he is and should be dealt with accordingly. Until then he is an Innocent person. I don't know and nobody here knows for sure.

At the rate they're falling will there be any seats left to run for in November?

(In case you were wondering, this is the same goon who threatened to throw a reporter over a balcony a month or so ago. Now we know why!)

I believe that Grimm is the same Republican Congressman who threatened to throw a reporter off a balcony a few months back.

He is. I wonder if he thought he was above the law before he got elected, or if this is something new.

Crooks are crooks,party affiliation is irrelevant.

Line em up along with all the others,Dems and Ind. that do stupid shit,reminds me of that guy,who was he? that got caught with a bunch of frozen dead presidents,in his freezer what party was he affiliated with??

No clue. What the heck are you talking about?

That's a shocker!!

Thought you would dodge this like the plague.

Jefferson look him up.

Yeah, I remember the refrigerator of money scandal. I thought you might be referring to some odd campaign commercial some candidate made. You should really start a thread on that one, if one has not already been created that is.

Rep. Grimm charged with tax fraud; says he won't quit

BUT he won't step down. What. Seriously?? Is he going to govern from behind bars?

They do that kind of thing. The Republican party will ignore him but he will pretty much be behind bars, alleged bars, before he steps down.

Nice try,but most likely not,one thing the Repubs do is weed out the undesirable fairly fast.Now if he was a Dem,he would get elected to a higher office and praised.

Jefferson is a fine example,they had the cash from his freezer,and yet not one call for him to step down,he had to lose his next election for us to be free of him,There is a certain congressman from NY that has had a few Tax problems and campaign funding issues ,he is still here,and is in a leadership position.

The dems will protect and deflect,but cry like school girls when it someone from the "other side"

If he is in fact guilty of this charge's then he is and should be dealt with accordingly. Until then he is an Innocent person. I don't know and nobody here knows for sure.

Really? Because Michele Bachmann would beg to differ.

Very interesting.

So this Grimm guy bilks the government out of a million dollars in taxes, fees, or the like? And Clive Bundy essentially did the same?

I wonder how many rightwing armed gangs, aka 'militias', will show up in Grimm's defense?

Crooks are crooks,party affiliation is irrelevant.

Exactly. This guy may have an R after his name, but first and foremost he's a New Yawka.

Nuff said.

Really? Because Michele Bachmann would beg to differ.

Well good for her and you,now what is the relevance?

Forum List

Back