oh goody...3-5 more years in afganistan....

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
how nice.....

The plan envisions adding hundreds of personnel to the effort – on top of the 21,000 additional troops that President Barack Obama has ordered to Afghanistan.

But the Joint Staff ideas may conflict to some degree with Obama’s timetable. He has seemed reluctant about getting involved in a long-term effort in Afghanistan, though he not yet to made explicit his own timetable for the war. In announcing his strategy last month, he made clear his desire for turning over the lead combat role as quickly as possible to Afghan Army and police units.

When the plan was briefed to military services and combatant commands earlier this month, senior Joint Staff officers bluntly declared that the security situation across Afghanistan is “poor, stalemated, or deteriorating,” according to an official who was present. They also warned that the military ought to prepare for the conflict to last another three to five years.

Preparing for years in Afghanistan - David S. Cloud - POLITICO.com

it'll be more like 7

and where are the antiwar protesters now???

oh that's right, Bush was the suck ass war monger and Obama is the righteous war monger

3-5 years. That gives you Lefties, who bad mouthed the Iraq war and championed the Afghan war as the "right war", a chance to show your support by joining the U.S.Army!

Come on, you wouldn't leave the fighting to the poor and disadvantaged as big bad "BusHitler" did in Iraq would ya'?

Oh how the worm turns! :lol:

I'm against it. I can appreciate Obama who inhereted a mess wants to give it a go his way. I'd say 18 months then if the situation is not stable pull out. And if they let terrorists in bomb the hell out of them again and overthrow their government again. Sooner or later maybe they'll figure it out.

Forum List

Back