Pain in the Ass

Bootneck

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2008
England
We'd often wondered how long it would be before militants recruited livestock into the ranks of their suicide bombers. Now it's happened. Yet another lethal hazard to add to the joys of patrol in Afghanistan!

Donkey ‘suicide’ bombing is latest tactic against patrols

A senior British Army officer and six other military personnel survived attack when a tethered donkey laden with explosives was detonated as their armoured vehicle passed in southern Afghanistan.

The huge explosion showered the soldier standing on “top cover” out of the Mastiff’s turret with donkey entrails and blood, and the sight was so gruesome that the rest of those in the vehicle thought he had been mortally wounded in the blast, south of Garmsir in southern Helmand province.

”I’m all right, I’m all right,” he shouted, according to one of the officers at the incident who spoke to The Times, giving the first account of the incident.

”We’d spotted the donkey tethered to a tree as we were on our way down south to monitor an operation that had been going on that day, but thought nothing of it. There are donkeys around everywhere,” the officer said.

Donkey ‘suicide’ bombing is latest tactic against patrols - Times Online

This is actually good news. Most PETA members are militants. Once they hear that animals are being harmed, they'll fly to Afghanistan and take out all the terrorists.

I'd like a cow blown up near me...maybe I could get a nice filet mignon medium rare out of it.

This is actually good news. Most PETA members are militants. Once they hear that animals are being harmed, they'll fly to Afghanistan and take out all the terrorists.

They will fucking go OFF on their asses!!!

We'd often wondered how long it would be before militants recruited livestock into the ranks of their suicide bombers. Now it's happened. Yet another lethal hazard to add to the joys of patrol in Afghanistan!

Donkey ‘suicide’ bombing is latest tactic against patrols

A senior British Army officer and six other military personnel survived attack when a tethered donkey laden with explosives was detonated as their armoured vehicle passed in southern Afghanistan.

The huge explosion showered the soldier standing on “top cover” out of the Mastiff’s turret with donkey entrails and blood, and the sight was so gruesome that the rest of those in the vehicle thought he had been mortally wounded in the blast, south of Garmsir in southern Helmand province.

”I’m all right, I’m all right,” he shouted, according to one of the officers at the incident who spoke to The Times, giving the first account of the incident.

”We’d spotted the donkey tethered to a tree as we were on our way down south to monitor an operation that had been going on that day, but thought nothing of it. There are donkeys around everywhere,” the officer said.

Donkey ‘suicide’ bombing is latest tactic against patrols - Times Online

Maybe we should arm ourselves with pigs.
It's two weapons in one, potential swine flu and pigs blood.

Seems you guys have completely missed the seriousness of this. Levity aside, this is a huge fucking problem.

Why is it any more of a problem then roadside mines? Which are a problem.

Yes, roadside mines are a problem. IED's are a problem. A village filled with combatants armed with kalishnakovs is a problem. Now we have to worry about random animals, which are fucking everywhere, that could just explode. If this continues, we will be forced to shoot every animal that comes near an RDT or routine patrol. These animals are the livelihood of some of these people. Pissing off a populace that likes us being there is not a good thing. There are many sides to this problem that make it worse than it seems.

Seems you guys have completely missed the seriousness of this. Levity aside, this is a huge fucking problem.

Yes, roadside mines are a problem. IED's are a problem. A village filled with combatants armed with kalishnakovs is a problem. Now we have to worry about random animals, which are fucking everywhere, that could just explode. If this continues, we will be forced to shoot every animal that comes near an RDT or routine patrol. These animals are the livelihood of some of these people. Pissing off a populace that likes us being there is not a good thing. There are many sides to this problem that make it worse than it seems.

I'm really surprised that this hadn't been used as a tactic before now, since it is such a logical way to ramp up the fear factor and slow down a patrol. Any animal with a pack on its back is now suspect and you're right. We can't go round shooting every beast of burden, just in case, although, that'll be precisely what the militants would want us to do, for obvious reasons.

I'm really surprised that this hadn't been used as a tactic before now, since it is such a logical way to ramp up the fear factor and slow down a patrol. Any animal with a pack on its back is now suspect and you're right. We can't go round shooting every beast of burden, just in case, although, that'll be precisely what the militants would want us to do, for obvious reasons.

You know and I know it has come up in conversations as a possibility. It is deeper than them "running out of volunteers." This is designed to get coalition forces into some shit with the locals. How many animals with packs did you see daily on patrol? They are everywhere. Not entirely unexpected but, a huge problem.

You know and I know it has come up in conversations as a possibility. It is deeper than them "running out of volunteers." This is designed to get coalition forces into some shit with the locals. How many animals with packs did you see daily on patrol? They are everywhere. Not entirely unexpected but, a huge problem.

Pack donkeys are everywhere. It's the transport of choice for the average Afghan. If this becomes a tactic put to regular use, patrols take on a whole new dimension. Incidentally, a pal of mine told me today that a donkey was previously used in Kandahar last year against some local police.

Until now, the only animals we've been very wary of, were the dead ones which are often stuffed with explosives. Now we're going to have to tread carefully around all the live buggers too!

bootneck....its a country that values animals more than women....apparently they have ran out of preg women and handicapped people...it is not a joking matter...not to the men/women who have died or the men/women who have returned misses parts or with major head injuries....

good old patrioteers amuse themselves with jokes while they are safe behind a computer screen and have no idea of the terror that people live with daily....

Forum List

Back