Oh Dear! Gay Blogger, Sullivan Weighs In On Gannon/Gukert

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Gee ACLU what say you now?

http://www.andrewsullivan.com/index...05_02_20_dish_archive.html#110934887628178464

ON GANNON-GUCKERT: I haven't written about it because I agree completely with Glenn. The substantive case against Gannon is trivial; the irrelevant case against him (the one that's fueled this story) is that he's gay, has allegedly been (or still may be) a prostitute, and may not agree with everything the gay left believes (although I agree with David Corn that the evidence that Gannon has written anything even remotely "anti-gay" is laughable). The real scandal is the blatant use of homophobic rhetoric by the self-appointed Savonarolas of homo-left-wingery. It's an Animal Farm moment: the difference between a fanatic on the gay left and a fanatic on the religious right is harder and harder to discern. Just ask yourself: if a Catholic conservative blogger had found out that a liberal-leaning pseudo-pundit/reporter was a gay sex worker, had outed the guy as gay and a "hooker," published pictures of the guy naked, and demanded a response from a Democratic administration, do you think gay rights groups would be silent? They'd rightly be outraged. But the left can get away with anything, can't they? Especially homophobia.

And this, from SULLIVAN, no less! When you can't even get a decent spin from your best attack journalist, it's time to chuck it in.

First, it was Dodd and Frank over in Switzerland, and now this. The left is becoming so unhinged, they're beginning to terrify their own!

Forum List

Back