Oh boy, another weekend!!!!

AtlantaWalter

Nov 8, 2003
small cave outside Atlanta
Another great weekend starting here at the soviet Regional ER, seeing countless numbers of dino-bait with their BS complaints. This is my 2nd job, 3 12 hr shifts Friday, Sat, & Sunday. At least I have computer access here and get to sit down.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be here snatch'em back from the jaws of death or pushing them on in.

Hey best of luck to you AlantaWalter. 36 hours of ER for a second job. Sounds like you are busting your hump. Good to know you have sense of humor, always look forward to those posts in that section.

I've been work 72 hr weeks since 1980. I figure that's still not as many hours a week as I put in in the army so I am doing ok. At least I am inside, lots of coffee available, and lots of women around. Have a son in med school so he eats up a lot of $$$. At least when he graduates and becomes a doctor, he'll be able to afford to put me in a good nursing home...one where they at least turn you once a week!!!!

Looking forward to taking a week off next month, gonna go visit an old friend in the backwoods of Mississippi and shoot up a lot of ammo and play with some toys in the woods!!!!!

Just had a 19 year old, healthy looking male come in to be triaged. Told me he was having a "panic attack"!!! Give me a break!!!!! He even managed to squirt a few tears and tell me "I need someone to take care of me". He doesn't have a job, lives at home, and obviously has no self-esteem worth a crap. When I was 19, I was a buck Sgt in the Army and ready to take on the world.

Whatever happened to American manhood? Where did it go? Everyone wants someone else to take care of them. Hard to believe these people are from the same stock that conquered the West and built America.

If I had my way, I'd give him a 4 ft piece of string and a pocketknife and drop his ass way out in the most deserted woods I could find and tell him to take care of himself!!!

you can have the medical field! my mom is home health care, my sister is is a cna, and my cousin in texas is a surgical nurse. listening to the stories they tell, hell no!
im not wiping anyones ass, cleaning their hosue, or playing with their guts!
but you know the funny thing about my cousin is, he works the hospitals full time as a surgical nurse, but makes more money doing drywall and taping. kinda strange i think

I honestly don't think I could do that kind of work either. I just don't like strangers enough to do that gross stuff. I can do it for my kid or my immediate family (if they aren't acting like idiots) but hell, stranger? No way.

I also would have a difficult time not telling them that they deserve what they got if they were stupid- like losing a hand to a firecracker. Man, I'd have a very tough time not telling it like it is!

Hats off to ya!

P.S. You can easily tell that nurses don't make much money. When I had my baby there were at least 10 nurses surrounding me during the birth and hospital stay. I would gladly have had none. They made my life miserable. And for this I paid $10,000.

The usual welfare sucking morons and dino bait. Everyone is always sure that they are dieing and want to give me academy award performances to convince me. Most have ARP(audience related pain)

Thanks for asking though. Only 10 more hours!!!

Not when you are sitting watching their antics. They'll be rolling on the floor, barely whispering, crying, telling you they have never had such agonizing pain and their friggin' Blood Pressure and pulse will be better than mine!!!!

Well your'e a good man. Working two jobs to help you son through school and putting up with that crap. Lord knows I would have a hard time doing it.

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
Not when you are sitting watching their antics. They'll be rolling on the floor, barely whispering, crying, telling you they have never had such agonizing pain and their friggin' Blood Pressure and pulse will be better than mine!!!!
it seems to me that this is why the cost of health care, insurance and medicaid are so high. It's called whiney people and FRAUD. I don't know how you don't just ship em off.

Been in the ER 30 years and you get used to it I suppose. I love the ones that think you are a rookie and will fall for their BS. Probably 80% of what we see could be handled by people's private physicians but they charge money for an office visit and so they come here. The public is amazingly ignorant when it comes to injury/illness and they come in for things that one could handle at home.

The ones I truly love are the ones that swoon at the sight of the smallest amount of blood. What would they have done back during my great-grandmother's day when they had to kill and clean their own food?

It can be an interesting job at times. I'll have to sit down sometime and write some of the wierd things we see here.

I know. We recently took our son to the ER for hives all over his body and face. I was so scared he would stop breathing b/c he had them all over his face and eyes. We were in the ER for a couple of hours and they never even saw him. We finally left after the "triage" nurse told us that they didn't have many doctors on staff so the best they would do is give him benadryl (mind you, I'd already told them he'd had benadryl several times and thrown it all up). There was a boy there about 6 to 7 years old with a broken arm. He cried the entire couple of hours we were there. The never even saw him.

Meanwhile, kids without insurance were getting seen for colds and flu before these two little guys. Hospitals in NY can't refuse them treatment but doctors can. Guess where there parents take them?

Forum List

Back