Oh boy, another weekend!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AtlantaWalter, Feb 27, 2004.

1. AtlantaWalter

AtlantaWalter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Another great weekend starting here at the soviet Regional ER, seeing countless numbers of dino-bait with their BS complaints. This is my 2nd job, 3 12 hr shifts Friday, Sat, & Sunday. At least I have computer access here and get to sit down.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be here snatch'em back from the jaws of death or pushing them on in.

2. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Hey best of luck to you AlantaWalter. 36 hours of ER for a second job. Sounds like you are busting your hump. Good to know you have sense of humor, always look forward to those posts in that section.

3. AtlantaWalter

AtlantaWalter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've been work 72 hr weeks since 1980. I figure that's still not as many hours a week as I put in in the army so I am doing ok. At least I am inside, lots of coffee available, and lots of women around. Have a son in med school so he eats up a lot of $$$. At least when he graduates and becomes a doctor, he'll be able to afford to put me in a good nursing home...one where they at least turn you once a week!!!!

Looking forward to taking a week off next month, gonna go visit an old friend in the backwoods of Mississippi and shoot up a lot of ammo and play with some toys in the woods!!!!!

4. AtlantaWalter

AtlantaWalter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just had a 19 year old, healthy looking male come in to be triaged. Told me he was having a "panic attack"!!! Give me a break!!!!! He even managed to squirt a few tears and tell me "I need someone to take care of me". He doesn't have a job, lives at home, and obviously has no self-esteem worth a crap. When I was 19, I was a buck Sgt in the Army and ready to take on the world.

Whatever happened to American manhood? Where did it go? Everyone wants someone else to take care of them. Hard to believe these people are from the same stock that conquered the West and built America.

If I had my way, I'd give him a 4 ft piece of string and a pocketknife and drop his ass way out in the most deserted woods I could find and tell him to take care of himself!!!

5. AtlantaWalter

AtlantaWalter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well, Friday night is almost over; it's 5:30 am and nobody died!! That's always good news.:clap:

6. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    you can have the medical field! my mom is home health care, my sister is is a cna, and my cousin in texas is a surgical nurse. listening to the stories they tell, hell no!
    im not wiping anyones ass, cleaning their hosue, or playing with their guts!
    but you know the funny thing about my cousin is, he works the hospitals full time as a surgical nurse, but makes more money doing drywall and taping. kinda strange i think

7. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I honestly don't think I could do that kind of work either. I just don't like strangers enough to do that gross stuff. I can do it for my kid or my immediate family (if they aren't acting like idiots) but hell, stranger? No way.

I also would have a difficult time not telling them that they deserve what they got if they were stupid- like losing a hand to a firecracker. Man, I'd have a very tough time not telling it like it is!

Hats off to ya!

P.S. You can easily tell that nurses don't make much money. When I had my baby there were at least 10 nurses surrounding me during the birth and hospital stay. I would gladly have had none. They made my life miserable. And for this I paid $10,000.

8. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Day 3 Walter, hope the evening is quite for you, if you know what I mean.

9. AtlantaWalter

AtlantaWalter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The usual welfare sucking morons and dino bait. Everyone is always sure that they are dieing and want to give me academy award performances to convince me. Most have ARP(audience related pain)

Thanks for asking though. Only 10 more hours!!!

10. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    That's pretty funny.:D