Officials warn catastrophic volcanic eruption imminent in Hawaii

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
DEVELOPING: Officials in Hawaii are reportedly warning residents of an imminent large eruption in Hawaii. When the lava lake inside Kilauea drops,

To all those who poked fun when I very first posted about this, and when I posted bigger quake incidences FK YOU so much for happening all the time. :iyfyus.jpg:

Since it just happens all the time and oh never mind the quakes and the warning of Smaller ones can lead to bigger ones why don't you dumb asses just stand there and watch it all , then you can wait until that lava is right at your feet bet reality hits you then . lol

DEVELOPING: Officials in Hawaii are reportedly warning residents of an imminent large eruption in Hawaii. When the lava lake inside Kilauea drops,

To all those who poked fun when I very first posted about this, and when I posted bigger quake incidences FK YOU so much for happening all the time. :iyfyus.jpg:

Since it just happens all the time and oh never mind the quakes and the warning of Smaller ones can lead to bigger ones why don't you dumb asses just stand there and watch it all , then you can wait until that lava is right at your feet bet reality hits you then . lol
I heard the same thing last night on PBS. They also said that "imminent" by a geologist doesn't mean exactly what it does to most of us. It could be hours or weeks.

I heard the same thing last night on PBS. They also said that "imminent" by a geologist doesn't mean exactly what it does to most of us. It could be hours or weeks.
Plus, her link comes from EndTimesHeadlines, which is a ridiculous website dedicated to end-of-the-world prophecies.

Background:
Kilauea volcano, a youthful shield volcano, sitting on the south east flank of the massive Mauna Loa shield volcano, is the youngest volcano (on land) of the Hawaiian hot spot and not only the most active volcano of Hawaii but at the same time also the world's active volcano. It has been in near-constant activity since there is oral or written history and it is having an uninterrupted eruption since 1983 (at present at the Pu'u 'O'o vent on the East rift zone).

Its eruptions are prominent in Hawaiian Polynesian legends and written documentation about its activity go back to only 1820s when it started to attract interested visitor from all over the world and bacame one of volcanology's hot spots.

Kilauea has a large summit caldera with a central crater, Halemaumau, which is according to Hawaiian legends the home of the fire goddess Pele. Until 1924, it contained a lava lake. Kilauea has frequent summit and flank lava flow eruptions that are occurring along two elongated rift zones to the south-west and to the east, which extend to the sea on both sides of the volcano. The 3 x 5 km caldera was formed in several stages about 1500 years ago. About 90% of the surface of the basaltic shield volcano is formed of lava flows less than about 1100 years old; 70% of the volcano's surface is younger than 600 years. The long-term eruption from the East rift zone that began in 1983 has produced lava flows covering more than 100 sq km, destroying nearly 200 houses and adding new coastline to the island.

Kilauea

The last thing I personally want to do is get into a pissin match about something that nobody has control over... Kilauea has been showing up to work for over the last 35 years with absolutely no time off... We all have seen photo's (some have been fortunate to see in person) of the lava flows that go all the way to the ocean...
Some of those flows just appear down hill from the caldera and pop up close to the ocean... This particular eruption has been continuous since 1983... This does not mean that Kilauea was dormant before 1983... This Volcano has been classified as one of the most active since they were carving history into rock...

Shits going to happen and there is not a whole lot anyone can do about it... When it rains everyday, you don't fret about it, you grab your umbrella and continue on with your day...

Plus, her link comes from EndTimesHeadlines, which is a ridiculous website dedicated to end-of-the-world prophecies.
They were saying that, though. Now some geologists are hoping they've dodged that bullet:
While residents deal with noxious gas and lava on the ground, the U.S. Geological Survey is concerned that pent-up steam could cause a violent explosive eruption at the volcano crater, launching a 20,000-foot (6,100-meter) plume that could spread debris over 12 miles (19 km).

Scientists had expected such explosions by the middle of this month as Kilauea's lava lake fell below the water table. The possibility exists, however, that water may not be entering the crater, as feared, and gas and steam may be safely venting, scientists said.

"So far those explosions have not occurred and I think the key here is that the vent system is an open one, therefore pressure is not being built or developed down at the top of the lava column," Brantley told a conference call.

It seems the biggest problem right now is the continuing fissures and vents opening and starting new lava flows that will block roads, trapping residents. No one knows where the next fissure will open, so it's a tough call whether to evacuate some areas.

Lava threatens Hawaii exit routes and could spur more evacuations

Plus, her link comes from EndTimesHeadlines, which is a ridiculous website dedicated to end-of-the-world prophecies
You still don't get it. These sites base their stories on OTHER sites which you will likely have less of a knee jerk reaction.

Here's what open minded people do. If the story interests you (it must have since you read the post and commented), go to the site you despise, and click on the link in the story. It will lead you to the source.

Of course Mindwars COULD simply go to those sources and link to them, but she'd miss the fun of watching you guys have these meltdowns every time she posts a new thread.

I like watching you guys go nuts without even reading the stories too. I can tell you'd rather comment without even reading. That might cause you to actually begin thinking for yourselves. It's fun to watch.

Pot is legal in Hawaii. The people can just get high and not care anymore.

Only with a script... Medicinal only...
They're working on getting "recreational marijuana on the ballot here in Michigan. I expect it to succeed.

It's a plot to get the young and stupid out to vote because that's the only hope Dems have of winning anything in Michigan (governor and Senator).

Forum List

Back