Off Beat

Not sure how I feel about this but... "electrobossa" ... sometimes it works better than other times...

Lady Marmalade

Goodness. I have to say that I prefer the other version. No question. Is that ^^^ supposed to be so boring? :D

Boring? I think they were going for "cool". Like this -- João Gilberto, the guy who invented bossa...

Estate
Sei calda come i baci che ho perduto
Sei piena di un amore che passato
Che il cuore mio vorrebbe cancellar

Summer
You're hot as the kisses that I lost
You're full of a love that past
That my heart would shun

Tornera un altro inverno
Cadranno mille petali di rose
La neve coprira tutte le cose
E forse un po' di pace tornera

Another winter goes by
A thousand rose petals rain
The snow will cover everythings
And maybe a little peace will return

Well, I think maybe your idea of "cool" and mine are different. :dunno:

That's pretty though. Lovely lyrics.

I posted Grace Potter and Joe Satriani doing Cortez the Killer. Maybe you would like Grace Potter. :D

Not sure how I feel about this but... "electrobossa" ... sometimes it works better than other times...

Lady Marmalade

Goodness. I have to say that I prefer the other version. No question. Is that ^^^ supposed to be so boring? :D

Boring? I think they were going for "cool". Like this -- João Gilberto, the guy who invented bossa...

Estate

Summer
That my heart would shun

Tornera un altro inverno

Another winter goes by

I posted Grace Potter and Joe Satriani doing Cortez the Killer. Maybe you would like Grace Potter. :D

Thanks :eusa_dance: Liked it so much I watched the whole thing. :thup:

I don't usually care for trumpets and horns in general but that one's used very well there. Even if he does have strange taste in footwear.

And of course I love her organ.... :D

Lady Marmalade

Estate

Summer
That my heart would shun

Tornera un altro inverno

Another winter goes by

I don't usually care for trumpets and horns in general but that one's used very well there. Even if he does have strange taste in footwear.

I agree. The whole production sounds awesome, and Joe is not too shabby on the guitar either. :)

Lady Marmalade

Estate

Summer
That my heart would shun

Tornera un altro inverno

Another winter goes by

I agree. The whole production sounds awesome, and Joe is not too shabby on the guitar either. :)

He must be using fishing line for strings. It just ain't right to bend strings that far. Just ain't right.

Friends From Rio Project - Vam' Bora (I assume this is a corruption for "vai embora" -- "go away")

^^^^^

She reminds me a lot of Janis Joplin. :D Don't you think, Pogo?

Eh- maybe in spots where she wails but Janis had a whole 'nother timbre goin' on.
She's got a certain warble on the sustained notes I don't care for. But hey, that's Tal Wilkenfeld on bass right there on the 2nd one. We saw her in the Womens With Chops thread. Lotta energy in there, from everybody. :thup:

^^^^^

Eh- maybe in spots where she wails but Janis had a whole 'nother timbre goin' on.
She's got a certain warble on the sustained notes I don't care for. But hey, that's Tal Wilkenfeld on bass right there on the 2nd one. We saw her in the Womens With Chops thread. Lotta energy in there, from everybody. :thup:

She has that really strong sounding but kind of rough voice though. Also a lot about her demeanor reminds me of Janis. :)

^^^^^

She has that really strong sounding but kind of rough voice though. Also a lot about her demeanor reminds me of Janis. :)

I can see the demeanor/attitude yeah. but I think Janis was way rougher. And in her time what she put out had just never been done before. When she was suddenly gone I was devastated.

Damn good recording for 1967 I must say...

^^^^^

I can see the demeanor/attitude yeah. but I think Janis was way rougher. And in her time what she put out had just never been done before. When she was suddenly gone I was devastated.

Damn good recording for 1967 I must say...

What do you think about Joss Stone? She's VERY tall. :D Lol.

Forum List

Back