Of What, Syria and Lebanon

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    For those not quite familiar with what is transpiring:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110006421

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Looks like it is happening, overshadowing what Hezzbolah pulled off:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/14/international/middleeast/14cnd-beir.html?hp

4. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Inspiring isn't it?

On a darker note, do we send peacekeepers if Syria does indeed fully pull out? Do we back up the disarming of Hezbollah with force? Or will we let them keep their weapons and be Iran's proxy in Lebanon?

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I would say that we see what is happening, my guess is the bulk of the Hezbollah are from Syria. Time will tell.

6. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I think the Syrian intelligence and crack troops will stay behind in Lebanon under Hezbollah's protection and they will kick off a civil war...
    The US, France and others get involved and we have ourselves a 2 front war, one to stop Hezbollah and its Syrian allies, the other to overthrow Syria's regime.

Syria is unlikely to give us any other choice, as a pullout from Lebanon will remove most of the last weak pillars holding Assad's regime together. Its "fight or die" for Assad.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    How is lovely Korea? Tension levels?

Back OT.

http://www.defenddemocracy.org/in_the_media/in_the_media_show.htm?doc_id=266658&attrib_id=7378

8. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    NO, Hezbollah does not have a track record of killing Americans. They're upset with Jews because Jews are destroying their people. Kinda like Jews didn't take it so well when Nazis tried to destroy them. What about this is so hard for the liberals and neocons and other assorted America-haters to understand?

I invite all America-hating neocons to step up and provide an answer to this. Right after they've finished wiping their ass with the American flag.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    yeah, right! It's all the joos:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Printable.asp?ID=5026

10. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    But if you're not even open to the possibility that Jewish influence over U.S. foreign policy has anything to do with our current conflict in the middle east, you are like the schoolyard child who holds his hands over his ears and screams "I can't hear you!"

Do you honestly think that we somehow stumbled into a conflict with Arab world on our own, despite one continent and one ocean separating us? What are the chances of that???

You won't even consider the possibility, or any of the evidence. Who's being unreasonable?

I suspect you're being close-minded not because you're inclined to be, but because you have been HEAVILY conditioned to snap any time someone says the word "Jew." I know that I was. When I first discovered this issue, Kathianne, my first reaction was to think that those who attributed the conflict with the Arab world to Jewish influence were nuts. Literally, my heart would beat faster. I wasn't reacting rationally. I wanted to fight them, not reason with them. So I would shoot them challenging e-mails. And they would talk back, using evidence and facts. And I would investigate what they were saying. And it did NOT make me a happy man when their facts checked out. I was PISSED. I fumed and thought that maybe there was a good reason for all this, like Jews are really great people who are smart and such, and what's the problem if we're controlled by them? So what if we're controlled by a group of "better" people? They are smart. So won't they protect us? But then I got more into it and saw that although they are smart --- and indeed, smarter than most white people --- they didn't really have our best interests at heart. They were just using us.