Of Superpowers, the tired hungry and weak and idiocracy

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
I have some random thoughts bouncing around with all this immigration talk.

First, the terrible and terribly funny movie Idiocracy Idiocracy - Wikipedia helps form a fear I have for America's future as distasteful as I find Eugenics and as much as I refuse to act on it.

Next, the U.S. has been a world power since at least 1898. By the end of WWII we were one of two Superpowers. After the 80's we are THE Superpower.

Then, I think about how this country has been the "dumping ground" for folks who weren't doing so well in Africa or Europe. Think about it. The best and strongest of Africa weren't sold into slavery. They were selling their kin or were able to avoid capture. The best and brightest of Ireland didn't flee the potato famine, they were well off and comfortable. Not like the majority of immigrants from Italy wanted to leave a great life. How about them Puritans or Pilgrims and the like? They left Europe to get away from the stronger protestants.

So after a few hundred years of taking in the weak and weary of the world we became a Superpower?

These dregs of humanity created a country with our military might and GDP?

Aren´t you the non-best and non-strongest of Europe and Africa, then? Kinda contradictory. Guess what it takes to dare the passage in a nutshell.

Aren´t you the non-best and non-strongest of Europe and Africa, then? Kinda contradictory. Guess what it takes to dare the passage in a nutshell.

Right! The fellows who won WWII were the non-best also.

I find it very interesting and contradictory. Maybe our decent into Idiocracy starts later than 1800? Maybe geographic isolation from Europe and Japan is worth more than a couple hundred years of Eugenics?

Right! The fellows who won WWII were the non-best also.

I find it very interesting and contradictory. Maybe our decent into Idiocracy starts later than 1800? Maybe geographic isolation from Europe and Japan is worth more than a couple hundred years of Eugenics?
I see no point, either.

First, the terrible and terribly funny movie Idiocracy Idiocracy - Wikipedia helps form a fear I have for America's future as distasteful as I find Eugenics and as much as I refuse to act on it.

Next, the U.S. has been a world power since at least 1898. By the end of WWII we were one of two Superpowers. After the 80's we are THE Superpower.

Then, I think about how this country has been the "dumping ground" for folks who weren't doing so well in Africa or Europe. Think about it. The best and strongest of Africa weren't sold into slavery. They were selling their kin or were able to avoid capture. The best and brightest of Ireland didn't flee the potato famine, they were well off and comfortable. Not like the majority of immigrants from Italy wanted to leave a great life. How about them Puritans or Pilgrims and the like? They left Europe to get away from the stronger protestants.

So after a few hundred years of taking in the weak and weary of the world we became a Superpower?

Its very possible that Africans and Europeans still have a not so nice view of many Americans.

Well said.

"Dumping ground".

Same bullshit rhetoric, different century.

2aj6mwp.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back