Of course. The Houston shooter passed the background checks anti gunners love...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This link has a long...but incomplete list of mass public shooters who passed the background checks that anti gunners insist will stop mass public shooters....

Houston Gunman Passed Background Checks for Both His Firearms - Breitbart

Desai is but the latest in a long list of attackers and alleged attackers who passed a background check in order to purchase the guns they used to harm innocents. That list includes:

• the Orlando attacker (June 12)
  • the UCLA gunman (June 1)
  • the San Bernardino attackers (December 2, 2015)
  • the Colorado Springs attacker (October 31, 2015)
  • the Umpqua Community College attacker (October 1, 2015)
  • Alison Parker’s attacker (August 26, 2015)
  • the Lafayette movie theater attacker (July 23, 2015)
  • the Chattanooga attacker (July 16, 2015)
  • the alleged Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal attacker (Jun 17, 2015)
  • the Muhammad Carton Contest attackers (May 3, 2014)
  • the Las Vegas cop killers (June 9, 2015)
  • the Santa Barbara attacker (May 23, 2014)
  • the Fort Hood attacker (April 2, 2014)
  • the Arapahoe High School attacker (December 13, 2013)
  • the D.C. Navy Yard attacker (September 16, 2013)
  • the Aurora movie theater attacker (July 20, 2012)
  • Gabby Giffords’s attacker (January 8, 2011)
  • the Fort Hood attacker (November 5, 2009)
  • the Virginia Tech attacker (April 16, 2007)
  • the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle attacker (July 28, 2016)
Although these attackers and alleged attackers all acquired their guns via background checks, Hillary Clinton, President Obama, Gabby Giffords, and others continue to push background checks as way to make Americans safe.

his link has a long...but incomplete list of mass public shooters who passed the background checks that anti gunners insist will stop mass public shooters....

Then the background checks are inadequate. Whoever did them should be fired.

I have my simple enough solution. You sell a gun to a mass shooter, you do his time.

I promise you (as your hero would say), they'll do adequate background checks then.

his link has a long...but incomplete list of mass public shooters who passed the background checks that anti gunners insist will stop mass public shooters....

I have my simple enough solution. You sell a gun to a mass shooter, you do his time.

I promise you (as your hero would say), they'll do adequate background checks then.

You are a moron joe......these guys had clean records before they shot and or killed people.....background checks do not stop mass shooters or criminals...but please....keep pushing for them....they are useless and do nothing to stop these guys....

And don't forget the Burlington Mall shooter, even though the guns were stolen from his father, they were legally purchased.

The more background checks are put into place, the more shootings we have. Obviously gun control doesn't work

You are a moron joe......these guys had clean records before they shot and or killed people.....background checks do not stop mass shooters or criminals...but please....keep pushing for them....they are useless and do nothing to stop these guys...

Yeah, I think that this guy had a house full of Nazi stuff and was mentally unstable.

The background check was inadequate.

You start sending gun sellers to prison, they'll start looking into who they sell to.

And don't forget the Burlington Mall shooter, even though the guns were stolen from his father, they were legally purchased.

The more background checks are put into place, the more shootings we have. Obviously gun control doesn't work

No, it just means gun checks are inadequate.

Here's the thing. Every fucking time one of these nuts goes on a rampage, the media finds out within hours that they were completely nuts by checking their twitter feeds and talking to their neighbors.

Within fucking hours.

So why not do that kind of background investigation if you buy a gun?

You are a moron joe......these guys had clean records before they shot and or killed people.....background checks do not stop mass shooters or criminals...but please....keep pushing for them....they are useless and do nothing to stop these guys....
Didnt the Navy Yard shooter have a valid SECURITY CLEARANCE?

He most certainly did not have a clean record. He had threatened some roofers with a gun prior to this. That should have been a large enough red flag that all his guns should have been confiscated until a complete investigation was done, and he had a competent psychiatric evaluation.

You gun nuts are preventing any actions taken to prevent the crazies from having the types of guns that make such shooting rampages easy. And we sane gun owners are going to eventually suffer the consequences of your idiocy. You are far more dangerous to my right to own firearms than is either Secretary Clinton, soon to be President Clinton, or President Obama.

He most certainly did not have a clean record. He had threatened some roofers with a gun prior to this.
In Texas, this is a felony.
Why was he not arrested and charged?

You gun nuts are preventing any actions taken to prevent...
Nothing you anti-gun loons propose will prevent anyone from doing anything; you fail to realize it is impossible to enact a law that will prevent people form breaking another law.
You seek to limit the rights of the law abiding, and nothing more - and then wonder why the law abiding oppose your "ideas'.

He most certainly did not have a clean record. He had threatened some roofers with a gun prior to this. That should have been a large enough red flag that all his guns should have been confiscated until a complete investigation was done, and he had a competent psychiatric evaluation.

You gun nuts are preventing any actions taken to prevent the crazies from having the types of guns that make such shooting rampages easy. And we sane gun owners are going to eventually suffer the consequences of your idiocy. You are far more dangerous to my right to own firearms than is either Secretary Clinton, soon to be President Clinton, or President Obama.

Please....tell us moron...the police talked to him....better than a background check.....and they gave him a pass...twit....the Orlando nightclub shooter....had a 10 month FBI investigation, had an undercover operative approach him to feel him out, and talked to trained FBI interrogators 3 separate times...then went on to pass a background check for his job and a background check for his guns numb nut.......so tell us again about how background checks need to be done.....

He most certainly did not have a clean record. He had threatened some roofers with a gun prior to this.

Nothing you anti-gun loons propose will prevent anyone from doing anything; you fail to realize it is impossible to enact a law that will prevent people form breaking another law.
You seek to limit the rights of the law abiding, and nothing more - and then wonder why the law abiding oppose your "ideas'.
Ask the people in Texas. Had he been a large jet black man, out waving an AR at the roofers, there would have been at least five cars full of law enforcement people out there, and, more than likely, he would have been shot.

I own, and am proficient with, nine firearms. I am not anti-gun, I am against people with severe mental problems owning or having access to guns. We see the results once or twice a week now.

When I was young, an incident took place that shocked the nation, the Texas Tower shootings. Today, other than the fact that person was very good with the guns, it would just be another minor news item. The difference between then and now is the fact that there are so many guns out on the street now. And you state, every time there is a shooting, that the solution is to get more guns out on the street. Definition of insanity.

Ask the people in Texas. Had he been a large jet black man, out waving an AR at the roofers, there would have been at least five cars full of law enforcement people out there, and, more than likely, he would have been shot.
:lol:
The Houston shooter was not white.
If this man committed the crime you describe, why was he not arrested and charged?

I am against people with severe mental problems owning or having access to guns.
The constitution says the right to a gun cannot be taken away except thru due process.
Taking away someone's guns for some sort of metal instability based on a unsubstantiated accusation of a felony does not qualify.

Better yet, pass a lay that lets victims of gun crimes sue law makers whose laws failed to prevent the incident that made them victims. I mean, gun dealers did not make the stupid law, but yeah, sue the law makers and if the law makers who passed braidy are dead then sue their estates into bankruptcy. That will fix it for sure.

I own, and am proficient with, nine firearms. I am not anti-gun, I am against people with severe mental problems owning or having access to guns. We see the results once or twice a week now.

When I was young, an incident took place that shocked the nation, the Texas Tower shootings. Today, other than the fact that person was very good with the guns, it would just be another minor news item. The difference between then and now is the fact that there are so many guns out on the street now. And you state, every time there is a shooting, that the solution is to get more guns out on the street. Definition of insanity.

Wrong...you don't know what you are talking about...there were 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s......there are now 357 million guns in private hands....and the gun murder rate went down 49%....

Nothing you posted is even remotely accurate....

This link has a long...but incomplete list of mass public shooters who passed the background checks that anti gunners insist will stop mass public shooters....
How many mass shootings did the background checks stop?

None of the ones listed...and that is a short list....not even Columbine was stopped with a background check and those were two under age teenagera....

No, it just means gun checks are inadequate.

Here's the thing. Every fucking time one of these nuts goes on a rampage, the media finds out within hours that they were completely nuts by checking their twitter feeds and talking to their neighbors.

Within fucking hours.

So why not do that kind of background investigation if you buy a gun?

Cause I think that would cross into privacy laws, but whether it does or not is beside the point. A person that is trying to buy a gun for hunting or self protection.....may have at one time or another posted a nasty or offending comment in a moment of anger (or bitched at their neighbor in similar fashion)....but would never commit a crime.
So your suggestion doesn't work either, because such a person would be denied a gun even though he never has or ever will commit a crime.....he just doesn't take people's chit.

None of the ones listed...and that is a short list....not even Columbine was stopped with a background check and those were two under age teenagera....
You didn't answer the question because you couldn't. You can't say the background checks are useless, only that they are not 100% effective. Is that your criteria?

You didn't answer the question because you couldn't. You can't say the background checks are useless, only that they are not 100% effective. Is that your criteria?

I will say that they are useless....there....they can't stop criminals or mass shooters....you are the one who has to prove they actually stop someone....

I will say that they are useless....there....they can't stop criminals or mass shooters....you are the one who has to prove they actually stop someone....
So you make a statement with no evidence whatsoever and I'm the one who has to prove something? Sorry, that's not the way it works.

Forum List

Back