Odd and Unique Houses

Mertex

Cat Lady =^..^=
Apr 27, 2013
Have a picture of a totally unique house.....an odd one, not your regular run of the mill one?

Post it here....let us see....

weird+house.jpg

Not sure what the benefits of living in this one would be other than people taking pictures of it.

20100917-upsidedownhouse.jpg

This one is a tad too small for my taste...looks like a giant loaf of homemade bread....:eusa_whistle:

variety-of-unique-home-designs-bread-model-of-house.jpg

Winchester_House.jpg

She started building and the crews worked year-round 7 days a week for 38 years. 160 rooms, stairways going nowhere, masonic symbols all over, the number 13(13 bathrooms.etc.) repeated again and again. Weird.

"Sarah married the heir to the Winchester Rifle Company when she was young and soon began experiencing major traumas in her life. It wasn't long after she married before both her only child & husband passed away. After losing her family she maintained a controlling interest in the Winchester Company's shares and inherited over $20 Million, which is a HUGE windfall since this all happened in the late 1800's. After the deaths of her family she started experiencing unexplained paranormal happenings. She went to a Psychic & was told that the spirits of the people killed by Winchester Rifles were haunting her, and that if she wanted to live a long life she had to move out West & build a house to occupy the spirits. That she must NEVER stop building."

I wish I could see the inside of this one....hard to imagine a flat floor in this one.

3348291610_bd43b356bf_o.jpg

Now this is what you call a "tree" house.....:razz::razz:

interesting-building151.jpg

Well, I won't post a picture of it, but my house is slightly unique because it was formerly a side-by-side two-story duplex. It still looks like a duplex on the outside, even has two garages, but on the inside...voila! It's one big house. :) There are two staircases going up to the second floor, one on each side. I like it because it's different. Two garages, two boilers, each side has its own hot water heater. Two sliding glass doors. ( I have always wanted to put French doors in their place someday). Unfortunately the previous owner removed one of the kitchens, but the plumbing and electrical hookups are all still there if needed.

Six bedrooms. :) When we have company, I'll say, "Oh, your room is in the North wing." lol

I had an appraiser come through when we refinanced our loan, and he referred to it as an "awkward layout." Stupid old goat.

One really good thing is if I ever need to it would be easy to restore it to a duplex and rent one side out. Or buy a new house and rent both sides of this one out. I consider that a real perk! Fall on hard times...don't lose your house or have to move out of it...just divide it in half and rent one side out! :)

I know that's not nearly as unique as some of the houses pictured here, but still, it's different...and I really like it.

Last edited:
Well, I won't post a picture of it, but my house is slightly unique because it was formerly a side-by-side two-story duplex. It still looks like a duplex on the outside, even has two garages, but on the inside...voila! It's one big house. :) There are two staircases going up to the second floor, one on each side. I like it because it's different. Two garages, two boilers, each side has its own hot water heater. Two sliding glass doors. ( I have always wanted to put French doors in their place someday). Unfortunately the previous owner removed one of the kitchens, but the plumbing and electrical hookups are all still there if needed.

Six bedrooms. :) When we have company, I'll say, "Oh, your room is in the North wing." lol

I had an appraiser come through when we refinanced our loan, and he referred to it as an "awkward layout." Stupid old goat.

One really good thing is if I ever need to it would be easy to restore it to a duplex and rent one side out. Or buy a new house and rent both sides of this one out. I consider that a real perk! Fall on hard times...don't lose your house or have to move out of it...just divide it in half and rent one side out! :)

I know that's not nearly as unique as some of the houses pictured here, but still, it's different...and I really like it.

It does sound neat and unique. I had a friend that bought an old school house, (cheaper than any house they could find) and they redid the inside....she had a bunch of kids and each one got a bedroom of their own....it was pretty neat when they got done with it.

Forum List

Back