Observances / Holidays - Which would you get rid of?

Which Holiday/Observance would you get rid of?

• Valentine's Day

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Mother's Day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Father's Day

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Memorial Day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor Day

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Easter

• Christmas

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Thanksgiving

• Halloween

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Something Else

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Dump anything that has to do with Kwanzaa!

upload_2016-5-27_10-13-41.png

I would like to end all American holidays and start all new ones.

They ALL suck. It is all about how much money you can spend.
Christmas time is my favorite, not because of Christmas Day...kind of a sucky busy day really...I like it because December is the slowest month of the year in my business so I take pretty much half the month off or more. Lot's of time with friends and family...eating well...drinking well...that is a holiday.
My best idea for a holiday...during the summer, it is two days...the 1st Friday and Monday of August.
So basically it is a 4 day event.
"National Happy Fun Time"....ALL businesses are required to close by law. Only essential organizations like Hospitals, Police, Fire, Utility companies...etc. can be open.

Well apart from Labor Day and Memorial Day, the rest aren't just American holidays, we have those things also.

I voted to get rid of Halloween, because it's Satanic and it frightens me :eek-52: :crybaby:

I'm sure you already know this but it has nothing to do with "satan" or "the devil".

Its christians who believe in the devil.

Bonzi Nor is it "evil". Anything but.

get rid of Christmas. it has become a lovefest for acquiring things. replace it with festivus.

I would like to end all American holidays and start all new ones.

They ALL suck. It is all about how much money you can spend.
Christmas time is my favorite, not because of Christmas Day...kind of a sucky busy day really...I like it because December is the slowest month of the year in my business so I take pretty much half the month off or more. Lot's of time with friends and family...eating well...drinking well...that is a holiday.
My best idea for a holiday...during the summer, it is two days...the 1st Friday and Monday of August.
So basically it is a 4 day event.
"National Happy Fun Time"....ALL businesses are required to close by law. Only essential organizations like Hospitals, Police, Fire, Utility companies...etc. can be open.

Well apart from Labor Day and Memorial Day, the rest aren't just American holidays, we have those things also.

I voted to get rid of Halloween, because it's Satanic and it frightens me :eek-52: :crybaby:

I'm sure you already know this but it has nothing to do with "satan" or "the devil".

Its christians who believe in the devil.

Bonzi Nor is it "evil". Anything but.

it's Christians who dressed up so the dead that walk the earth don't mess with them on all hollow's eve.. the next day is all saints day.

Halloween and Father's Day is what I would get rid of.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. My not having anything to do with my dad is why I wouldn't miss Father's Day if it really were to go.

Forum List

Back