Objectivism

Objectivism is...

• A steaming pile of crap

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • A beautifully flawless beacon of enlightenment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Damn, my head hurts after reading that stuff!

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Last edited:
With only two real answers, you have an all-or-nothing poll here. That's one big problem with polls...

Regardless of whether you think it's a steaming pile of crap or a beautifully flawless beacon of enlightenment, it's a pretty interesting philosophy.

Check out any of these links and cast your vote today. And yes, your votes will be public so a few of you will have to overcome your wussitis if you wish to participate.

Objectivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Objectivism (Ayn Rand) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Ayn Rand Institute: The Philosophy of Objectivism: A Brief Summary
I expected teh subtitle to be "Bait" (where's del?)

---

Look on you tube for the Rand and Rand Society videos. Rand actually comes across as a person I would like talking to, but would feel very sorry for. So lonely.

Her acolytes are very much entertaining and they destroy most opposing factions with great skill.

[youtube]FzGFytGBDN8[/youtube]
gotta love Phil, he was so much fairer than any media figure then or since.

click on the arrow on the lower right corner of a youtube video player. it must be fully loaded first and when it is it links to other youtube videos of similar content

Last edited:
ayn rand likes charlie's angels because "it's a a romantic show. not realistic" it is not about the gutter, it's not about half wit retarded children..."?

:rofl:

gawd, that woman was funny. I watched those shows.

Objectivism has some good points. The poll is too black and white.

The problem with objectivism is that it would never work in the current U.S. of 300 million people. It would be a disaster.

On the other hand, if you had a small society and assembled the type of people John Galt manages to put together, it would probably be the ideal.

• Banned

The problem with objectivism is that it would never work in the current U.S. of 300 million people. It would be a disaster.

On the other hand, if you had a small society and assembled the type of people John Galt manages to put together, it would probably be the ideal.

Black and white, just like the choices in November. :D

But seriously, if you don't think it's a scalable model, then it's a steaming pile of crap. Trying to find an in-between opinion is a fool's errand.

to quote Rand: "romantic" "not realistic"
:badgrin:

:rofl:

.:dig:

I think objectivism can be summed up quite nicely by a message I saw posted on the internet:

My friendship comes with no benefits.

Objectivist libertarianism shares one major flaw with that of Communism.

BOTH expect people to change their basic natures.

The Commies expected people to fall in line with communism.

The objectivist Libertarians expect the losers of their cozy system to go off quietly and die.

NEITHER SYSTEM WILL WORK because both refuse to accept human nature.

I disagree.

I don't really think we do. You said yourself it isn't scalable. I'd guess your hangup is on my use of strong language (steaming pile of crap). What if instead I said something like "Too flawed to be of any real value."

Forum List

Back