Obama's Wage Freeze: He's either a Clown or a Moron

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I was traveling yesterday and caught parts of the proposal.

His proposal to freeze federal wages that will save $60B over 5 years in an era of Trillion annual deficits can mean one of only 2 things: either he was joking and that makes him a clown or he was serious and that makes him a moron.

Nothing else fits

His proposal to freeze federal wages that will save $60B over 5 years in an era of Trillion annual deficits can mean one of only 2 things: either he was joking and that makes him a clown or he was serious and that makes him a moron.

Nothing else fits

Here's what fits, he's trying to triangulate the opposition by getting them to agree that we need all these new AFL-CIO member federal employees.

It was a positive gesture and it doesn't preclude deeper cuts in the future.

What's not to like, Frank?

Its like a gnat, and a gnat with a small dick even by gnat standards trying to fuck an elephant.

If he really wants to put Federal employees on par with the rest of American, fire 10% of them today.

It is a politcally astute move. It makes him look like he is being fiscally responsible, without having to do any real painful cutting.

This is a gesture to the masses, not the educated.

Nothing else fits

If I recall correctly, this was proposed by Republicans not too long ago. Obama needed to "president up" and also cut the size of government....spending. But hey! It is a start in the right direction for the country, albeit a very small one. Obama is only comfortable with baby steps... :lol:

Also, this is from a guy who claimed to be against tort reform because it wasn't worth the savings, right?

Its like a gnat, and a gnat with a small dick even by gnat standards trying to fuck an elephant.

If he really wants to put Federal employees on par with the rest of American, fire 10% of them today.

Why do I get the feeling that no matter what Obama did you would whine about it, Frank?

Shouldn't you be holding your fire till you find out what the goptards and the teatards actually do to reduce the deficit?

Because really aren't they all about superficial gestures toward deficit reduction, not substantive cuts?

extending the tax cuts as a start is counter productive. So they begin by batting for the other team.

Why do I get the feeling that no matter what Obama did you would whine about it, Frank?

Shouldn't you be holding your fire till you find out what the goptards and the teatards actually do to reduce the deficit?

Because really aren't they all about superficial gestures toward deficit reduction, not substantive cuts?

extending the tax cuts as a start is counter productive. So they begin by batting for the other team.

Whining? You have a bad case of Obamaroids.

We should start eliminating entire Depression era departments: Rural Electrification, Tennessee Valley, Farmers Home, Dept of Ed and Energy and that's just for starters.

Tax cuts are counter productive? Do you know that the Federal Government and the US economy are two different things? Do you?

Last edited:
It was either the wage freeze or a hiring freeze - there's no money. He needs the high numbers having more employed will give him.

Sad.

Nothing else fits

he actually took this from the rep.contract or pledge to america whatever it was.....it also is a bit of a fail, as postal employees and other sacred cows are not included etc etc etc....hey ANY savings is a plus,to save on the scale we need to, you get there incrementally...so lets go with it.

We should start eliminating entire Depression era departments: Rural Electrification, Tennessee Valley, Farmers Home, Dept of Ed and Energy and that's just for starters.

Tax cuts are counter productive? Do you know that the Federal Government and the US economy are two different things? Do you?

Yeah, I think whining is the right word, and I don't like Obama.

I also think you merely give lip service to deficit reduction, as evidenced in your support for extending the tax cuts.

I also think you merely give lip service to deficit reduction, as evidenced in your support for extending the tax cuts.

You're just another stupid fuck who can't tell the difference between the Federal Government and the US economy.

Frank, the big cuts are withdrawing over seas garrisons, privatizations and shutting down middleclass subsidies such as home or student loans. That ain't going to happen.

The big revenue enhancers are:

Abolishing the income tax, corporate and individual, then replacing it with a 20% VAT skewed towards luxury goods and away from necessities. That ain't going to happen either until the crisis deepens.

A national lottery. That will collapse left leaning states so the Ds won't do it. It is disliked by the religious right so the GOP won't do it either.

Index social security and medicare to life expectancy. This might happen.

Given that menu what else is within Obama's power to do that he is not doing?

You're just another stupid fuck who can't tell the difference between the Federal Government and the US economy.

You are just a stupid fuck who can't tell the difference between the Federal Government and the US economy.

And you are a hypocrite regarding the deficit and Obama. Your teatards will offer little more in terms of substantive deficit reduction. Or perhaps not as much.

I'm going to go with both.

Obama is a Clown AND a Moron.

That would make two of you.

But unlike you Obama has at least a scant interest in reducing the deficit.

If he freezes them, people complain. If he gives them a raise/bonus/anything, people complain. If he did nothing, people would complain about that. These are the same people that also blame him for the Titanic sinking. (check it out in "conspiracy theories"):cuckoo:

Nothing else fits

He is just following up on what your pal Ronnie started. Guess you could use a strong union in the Air Traffic control racket now...eh Frankie? No raises for you gubmint workers..suckas!!!

Forum List

Back