Obama's rookie Community Organizers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Catbert, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Catbert

Catbert Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Moved to the Current Events thread was a post by TheMalcontent regarding a letter he'd received from Obama on Haiti and how to help.

In the text of that letter Obama states: "Our neighbors in Haiti are racing to confront the enormous devastation -- and the OFA community can help."

So, what's the OFA?

OFA (Organizing For America), in other words, OFA is a group of untrained community organizer grunts shilling for Barry. From a blog on the OFA website:
    ---------------
    This has been a remarkable year for the movement you've built from the ground up, and I wanted to take a moment at year's end to reflect on everything you've accomplished.

Beth Kimbriel, a mother of four from Richmond, Virginia, has no formal political experience. But every week, as an OFA "Community Organizer," she trains and manages other volunteer leaders to organize effectively around the President's agenda. Hundreds of her fellow OFA Community Organizers around the country have already volunteered more than 200,000 hours doing similar work. Thousands more have taken on other leadership positions in every single state. And we're still growing -- nearly a million people who had never volunteered for the presidential campaign have signed up with OFA this year
    Organizing for America | OFA Blog: 2009

2. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    So much like Rush Limbaugh, you too believe Obama's out to steal your money huh? :eusa_eh:

3. Catbert

Catbert Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Heh. I'm about to take advantage of a couple of Obama's giveaway programs before they expire.

4. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    In the wake of this disater, and the human death toll, you are choosing to make political jabs on the Haitians' backs, WHY?

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    The clue is in their title..... "Organizing For AMERICA".... not Haiti, or any other God forsaken hole in the ground country.... but this country. We have millions struggling to cope too. We have people living in tents too.... where's the concern for them from Obama?

6. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Are you REALLY wanting to go there? Which President in recent history is trying to provide health insurance for Americans who cannot afford it? Which President in history is trying to get America's infrastructure rebuilt? And which party is nay saying all the way to Wall Street?

7. Catbert

Catbert Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    To answer your question, my post isn't about the Haitians. It's about Obama's organized (OFA) Obot army. I return a question to you to post what the OFA has done for Americans thus far.

8. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,628
    Which President is mearly spreading the wealth?? Taking from those that have and giving to those that don't.

Wasn't the infrastructure repair part of the first Porkulus bill?? Ain't seen to much in the way of repair yet. OL'BO better get it going

Which party is making deals with the Unions to exempt them from something the rest of us will be paying for?? Which party is going to tax banks, even those that have payed the back said loans with interest?? These banks won't pay the taxes, any consumers doing business with them will. Which party had to bribe its own members to vote for this ridiculous healthcare bill?? Which party gave GM and Chrsler to the Unions??

If I were a Dem I sure would be proud of OL'BO and his possee. NOT.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  9. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,918
    I think I'm missing your point.

If you have a point.

Or is it more "scary words" rhetoric? Does the job "community organizer" scare you?

10. Catbert

Catbert Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    While it's generally an exercise in futility to have a discussion with the uninformed, let me say I do not fear community organizers, however you may want to note today's lesson:

Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN