Obama's pardon of Gen. James Cartwright is a new twist in the war on leaks

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
“Is it possible, then, that the Cartwright pardon is a tacit admission on the government’s part that it has been a bit too hard on leakers"

Late last year, Cartwright pled guilty to lying to the FBI about disclosing classified information on the Stuxnet computer virus to reporters from The New York Times and Newsweek. The former general, a vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who was known as Obama’s “favorite general,” was due to be sentenced this month on felony charges. Prosecutors were seeking a two-year prison term.

Obama’s Pardon of Gen. James Cartwright Is A New Twist In The War On Leaks
-----------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you don't know msm can tell you anything and ppl will believe it.

upload_2017-1-19_10-12-38.png

“Is it possible, then, that the Cartwright pardon is a tacit admission on the government’s part that it has been a bit too hard on leakers"

Late last year, Cartwright pled guilty to lying to the FBI about disclosing classified information on the Stuxnet computer virus to reporters from The New York Times and Newsweek. The former general, a vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who was known as Obama’s “favorite general,” was due to be sentenced this month on felony charges. Prosecutors were seeking a two-year prison term.

Obama’s Pardon of Gen. James Cartwright Is A New Twist In The War On Leaks
-----------------------------------------------------
When you don't know what you don't know msm can tell you anything and ppl will believe it.

View attachment 107459
The people are the only censors of their governors: and even their errors will tend to keep these to the true principles of their institution. To punish these errors too severely would be to suppress the only safeguard of the public liberty. The way to prevent these irregular interpositions of the people is to give them full information of their affairs thro’ the channel of the public papers, & to contrive that those papers should penetrate the whole mass of the people. The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers & be capable of reading them.

Thomas Jefferson

I find the newspapers far more truthful than the orange clown.

What we are seeing here is an attempt by the rightwingnutjobs to impose fascism in this nation by shutting down any source of a different opinion. It must be resisted by all means possible.

New Topics

Forum List

Back